1208 users online (190 members and 1018 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

AZ - Ash Fork, WhtMale skeletal remains, Nov'95 - Pete Rose

I looked and didn't see this UID listed in any other threads.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/137umaz.html

James Matthew Zinza missing since February 1992
    UID found November 1995 - skeletal remains

http://www.nampn.org/cases/zinza_james.html

Age range, height range are comparable. James was known to wear Levi's (it says in his description, and the UID had Levis on when found. Also both James and UID are from Arizona.

I think the Nose structure is different though, but the pic of the UID is only a drawing....

Tell me what you all think.

chaddylex
    Last edited by Cubby; 10-11-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: added more

Looks worth sending in to me, good job!

Oh hell yes, send it in. Need a side by side?

Quote Originally Posted by chaddylex View Post
    I think the Nose structure is different though, but the pic of the UID is only a drawing....
    Look at the second picture of James, I think the nose structures are what are so similar. Second last picture, look at the eyebrows and compare to the UID... incredibly similar.
    Last edited by Danaya; 02-25-2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: forgot

I sent an email to the Coconino County, Arizona's Sheriffs office. Hopefully I will hear something soon.... The thing is James wasn't reported missing until December of 2008. I think that if I didn't have contact that long with one of my children or siblings, I would wonder a long time ago not 16 years...

chaddylex

They look pretty close to me. Great that you called that one in, good work!

I got a response from the Coconino County, Arizona's Sheriffs office!

Here is what the guy emailed me back:

Thank you for letting us know about this missing person. I cannot answer if we looked at him or not. I have a cold case squad and will forward this information along to them to look at.

Thanks again.

I emailed him back and asked him if he can let me know what the cold case unit finds out.

My husband is out of town and I called him and told him about this "possible Match" - I know he thinks I'm crazy....I am so glad that I found websleuths because I know that I'm not the only one out there interested in trying to match UID's and missing people. It's like an addiction!! LOL

chaddylex

I am emailed the Mesa County Police Dept who is handling Jason Zinza's case (I wish I would have done that first) Hopefully I will hear back from them too!!

Here is what the guy emailed me back:

Thank you for letting us know about this missing person. I cannot answer if we looked at him or not. I have a cold case squad and will forward this information along to them to look at.

Thanks again.

I emailed him back and asked him if he can let me know what the cold case unit finds out.

My husband is out of town and I called him and told him about this "possible Match" - I know he thinks I'm crazy....I am so glad that I found websleuths because I know that I'm not the only one out there interested in trying to match UID's and missing people. It's like an addiction!! LOL

chaddylex

Yeah I can get caught up. The detective e-mailed me the lead detectives e-mail on the case I'm working on and she told me the matches I had found had been tried and eliminated. So, hopefuly they can tell you if they've already tried. I hope they seriously look into it.

Me too!! Thanks for giving me the push to contact them!!!

Smile Update

I did a followup email to the Coconico's police dept about the possible match. This is what he emailed me back:

The information and the missing persons flyer were forwarded to them. I know that last week the were checking on the status of DNA on both subjects. Zinza is close enough to our person that it warrants further checking, and that would most likely be DNA analysis. That will take some time.

Yeah

chaddylex

I did a followup email to the Coconico's police dept about the possible match. This is what he emailed me back:

The information and the missing persons flyer were forwarded to them. I know that last week the were checking on the status of DNA on both subjects. Zinza is close enough to our person that it warrants further checking, and that would most likely be DNA analysis. That will take some time.

Yeah

chaddylex

email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Now I know this could be a family member but has anyone checked out the possibility that this person is JMZ? It's a record for a James M Zinza that was created in 2002, i.e., 7 years after this Doe's death.

Chaddylax, maybe you can ask a mod to put 'submitted' by this one. Great find!!

ilovemew is offline Thank you God for granting me the deepest desire of my heart!
    The UID's jeans were size 32W 36L. James was 170-200 Lbs.
    I don't know anything about men clothes sizes. Would that fit? Just curious while we wait for DNA results.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast