GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh...I wish the mods would put the links to all the threads in the opening post. :) I'm gonna go back and find the rainbow.

Regardless of my personal feelings about this monster who decided to commit 3 horrid and senseless murders, I somehow am managing to have a practical thought.

When advising people who are getting ready to go on a search, I have never read or heard of anyone being advised to look up into the trees. Yet they say the best place to hide outdoors is to climb a tree because most people don't look up. This one is really a new one for me. Yet it is pretty simple. I think we should keep track of it.

I am wondering if we couldn't start a thread somewhere and list a general description of the types of places that a missing persons remains have been found. In order to be respectful, we wouldn't have to list the victims names, maybe just a link to a post that gives the media description of the place where the remains were found.

Ex: Nov 2010 Three sets of remains found in hollow tree.

link

That way when someone is getting ready to go on a search, they could go to the thread and get some idea of the types of places to look for remains, and what to be looking for.

I didn't check to see if this was posted, but judging by Youtube hits, maybe not.

Not graphic, but powerful video of the tree before and after.
Made by someone who was there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuvPDqcu7W8

Case archive album for the Herrmann-Maynard-Sprang case:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Herrmann-Maynard-Sprang Murders -OH-/

This video is very well done and gives us a good look at the tree and the perspective of how tall the tree is and how LE removed the bodies.

Thank you for your post sooner fan! ((HUGS)) to you... is your son safe now??

Thank you for your post sooner fan! ((HUGS)) to you... is your son safe now??

Yes. he now lives in the Phiippines but I haven't seen him in years...we facebook and skype. We just found him about 3 years ago.

Yes. he now lives in the Phiippines but I haven't seen him in years...we facebook and skype. We just found him about 3 years ago.

I cannot imagine.. I just can't. I'm so glad he's alive... but so many unanswered questions I'm sure :(

Quoting AntiqueGirl from thread 7 (not sure how to quote into a new thread):

Thanks, but I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I didn't mean that MH was necessarily in the house the whole time - only that someone turned those lights on on Wednesday after it had gotten dark and this is why I think it was MH:
When the kids returned from school at around 3:45 - 4:00 pm, it was still light out.
Since Sarah said she never saw SS that day, I have to assume that either SS was already deceased somewhere in the house, or that she hadn't arrived yet.
Sunset that night was at 5:18 pm.
SS should have arrived at the house long before then.
But Sarah said she never saw her.
So, I have to conclude that by the time it was dark enough to turn on the lights (5:18 pm), Sarah was already locked up elsewhere in the house and the others already deceased.
Therefore, it had to have been MH who turned on the lights to finish the horrible deed.
He could have left the house anytime after dark, but left the lights on.

If there are any flaws in this theory, please point them out. I'm just trying to make sense of this.

JMO

I think some of this data was either firstly mis-reported or has changed. When they released the news of finding the bodies, LE was quoted on several internet news sites as saying that Sarah saw ALL THREE OTHER VICTIMS for the last time on WEDNESDAY. She saw them all at her home, along with MH. I know this is contrary to previous threads saying that Sarah did not see SS. I also see nothing now of a welfare ck requested on WED by DQ mgr. The story now says she drove by the house wed nite, saw lights on, truck home, thought all was well. What I don't know is what time this was. And I don't know where the story originated about the police coming out Wed. But that seems to have disappeared in accounts of events. I also saw on Thursday, when the recovery of the bodies reports broke, that Kody and Sarah rode the schoolbus home and arrived home at 4:30pm. I do not know what time TH's shift was to start. I *seem* to remember that TH texted her ex bf around 11:30am that day, so we know she was alive then. And if Kody didn't arrive home until 4:30pm, he couldn't have met his demise until after that time. I do think he separated them, or at least Sarah, as LE had hoped to find "more than one" in MH's house. Now that we know he dismembered the bodies, that would have taken some time, and the transport (sorry-hate this). So I think things were still going on that evening, and perhaps he waited until very, very late to take the truck and victims out of that house. Which makes me think he was there when DQ mgr drove by. Thank God she didn't knock on that door.

I don't know who was the intended target and why- perhaps the whole family. But I now believe that he WATCHED TH's house and PLANNED this out. He would have had to to know her BF's work schedule to know he'd be gone on a long shift. Even tho he did stay overnite somewhere else that fateful night, I think MH knew he'd have time to get in there and do his deed, and take control before BF potentially arrived home. He prolly didn't even care that he might arrive home, as he would have just dealt him the same as the rest. I think three people were fatefully spared death that night, Sarah, TH's ex-BF, and the DQ mgr.

Quoting AntiqueGirl from thread 7 (not sure how to quote into a new thread):

Thanks, but I think you misunderstood what I wrote. I didn't mean that MH was necessarily in the house the whole time - only that someone turned those lights on on Wednesday after it had gotten dark and this is why I think it was MH:
When the kids returned from school at around 3:45 - 4:00 pm, it was still light out.
Since Sarah said she never saw SS that day, I have to assume that either SS was already deceased somewhere in the house, or that she hadn't arrived yet.
Sunset that night was at 5:18 pm.
SS should have arrived at the house long before then.
But Sarah said she never saw her.
So, I have to conclude that by the time it was dark enough to turn on the lights (5:18 pm), Sarah was already locked up elsewhere in the house and the others already deceased.
Therefore, it had to have been MH who turned on the lights to finish the horrible deed.
He could have left the house anytime after dark, but left the lights on.

If there are any flaws in this theory, please point them out. I'm just trying to make sense of this.

JMO

I think some of this data was either firstly mis-reported or has changed. When they released the news of finding the bodies, LE was quoted on several internet news sites as saying that Sarah saw ALL THREE OTHER VICTIMS for the last time on WEDNESDAY. She saw them all at her home, along with MH. I know this is contrary to previous threads saying that Sarah did not see SS. I also see nothing now of a welfare ck requested on WED by DQ mgr. The story now says she drove by the house wed nite, saw lights on, truck home, thought all was well. What I don't know is what time this was. And I don't know where the story originated about the police coming out Wed. But that seems to have disappeared in accounts of events. I also saw on Thursday, when the recovery of the bodies reports broke, that Kody and Sarah rode the schoolbus home and arrived home at 4:30pm. I do not know what time TH's shift was to start. I *seem* to remember that TH texted her ex bf around 11:30am that day, so we know she was alive then. And if Kody didn't arrive home until 4:30pm, he couldn't have met his demise until after that time. I do think he separated them, or at least Sarah, as LE had hoped to find "more than one" in MH's house. Now that we know he dismembered the bodies, that would have taken some time, and the transport (sorry-hate this). So I think things were still going on that evening, and perhaps he waited until very, very late to take the truck and victims out of that house. Which makes me think he was there when DQ mgr drove by. Thank God she didn't knock on that door.

BBM -

A KCSO deputy went by Tina's 2 times on Wednesday...it was in MSM articles, and Sheriff Barber mentioned that the deputy was 'conscientious' in one of his pressers because he went back to the house a second time.

Here's a link to one of the early articles that says LE went by the house.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten.../12/4-people-missing-foul-play-suspected.html

Originally posted by snapdragon
Snapdragon -
That's what gets to me even more than the tree, if that's not horriffic enough, is the <modsnip>.

I do not even have words to express how terrible I feel for this poor child. It makes me sick to my stomach, it hurts to type it.
Am bringing this post over from last page of last thread..

ABOVE BBM.. This is the 3rd time in these threads that I have seen this made reference to..."<modsnip>"

Can anyone point me to where this particular info came from? Am not questioning its validity and am assuming that this is in regards to the dismemberment{i.e. the last part about hearing the saw would indicate such}..

Am very curious to read about this info myself..TIA

I can never find the <modsnip: another> thread unless it's linked, but someone (sorry, I can't remember who it was) went and reviewed the archives, and posted what time LE stopped by on Wednesday between 6 and 8.

Am bringing this post over from last page of last thread..

ABOVE BBM.. This is the 3rd time in these threads that I have seen this made reference to..."the tub filling, draining and refilling"

Can anyone point me to where this particular info came from? Am not questioning its validity and am assuming that this is in regards to the dismemberment{i.e. the last part about hearing the saw would indicate such}..

Am very curious to read about this info myself..TIA

It was posted on a Topix thread and not MSM...the original post at Topix by 'hopeful' has been removed tho it may still be quoted in later posts.

We can't copy/paste from other sites & it's considered a rumor...especially anything that comes from Topix, IMO....there often is some truth to the rumors tho so they do pique our interests.

I'll paraphrase what 'hopeful' said -- basically, <modsnip>. :(

Horrific if that's true and if I misstated, I'm sure others who saw the post will let us know.

HTH.

(RSBM)

Snap, please, is there any way you can find a link to this changed information? I have not heard anything about Sarah having seen SS on Wednesday.

If it's true, it doesn't change anything much. It could mean that SS and TH were still alive when the kids got home, but could have been bound and helpless. Or, it could be that Sarah actually saw SS and TH deceased but held out hope that Kody was spared. Everything LE said the first few days indicated that they thought there was a chance that at least some of them were still alive. If Sarah had seen all three deceased, Sheriff Barber would not have believed otherwise. I'm so hoping that Sarah was not a witness to any of these killings.

Bless them all! :(

It was posted on a Topix thread and not MSM...the original post at Topix by 'hopeful' has been removed tho it may still be quoted in later posts.

We can't copy/paste from other sites & it's considered a rumor...especially anything that comes from Topix, IMO....there often is some truth to the rumors tho so they do pique our interests.

I'll paraphrase what 'hopeful' said -- basically, <modsnip>. :(

Horrific if that's true and if I misstated, I'm sure others who saw the post will let us know.

HTH.

There might be some truth to the rumor though as the family told the news media that when they were informed of the remains being found they were told they were NOT intact.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/vi...es/10tv/videos/2010/11/19/knox-co--mourns.xml

There might be some truth to the rumor though as the family told the news media that when they were informed of the remains being found they were told they were NOT intact.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/vi...es/10tv/videos/2010/11/19/knox-co--mourns.xml

Thanks, dg - I saw your post in the previous thread, too.

When I saw the Topix post, I was really thinking hard about it, because we'd been discussing here if it was possible that MH would have done that...but trolls are so bad at Topix that I figured, well, guess we'll find out.

Now it seems that maybe we have...as if their murders aren't horrible enough. :(

I don't know who was the intended target and why- perhaps the whole family. But I now believe that he WATCHED TH's house and PLANNED this out. He would have had to to know her BF's work schedule to know he'd be gone on a long shift. Even tho he did stay overnite somewhere else that fateful night, I think MH knew he'd have time to get in there and do his deed, and take control before BF potentially arrived home. He prolly didn't even care that he might arrive home, as he would have just dealt him the same as the rest. I think three people were fatefully spared death that night, Sarah, TH's ex-BF, and the DQ mgr.

I agree, except I'm not 100% positive this all was planned out. Not knowing what went down and when, I'm not eliminating the possibility it was a rage event (something went wrong ... maybe involving one of the women ... that set him off and it spiraled from there). He could have known about that tree from previously camping there.

And I just wanted to add one other person who may have potentially been spared: the KCSO deputy who went out to do the wellness checks. Had he seen an open door, walked in, he could have easily been ambushed quickly (although not as easy of a target for MH as the others).

I'm still shaking inside when I think of this, and as hard as I try to distract myself from the thoughts, it isn't working so well. This happened literally 1.6 miles from me. I was home that day. My sense of safety is shattered, but my thoughts keep going back to these people, who also probably felt perfectly safe. And that little boy. Just can't get him out of my mind.

BBM -

A KCSO deputy went by Tina's 2 times on Wednesday...it was in MSM articles, and Sheriff Barber mentioned that the deputy was 'conscientious' in one of his pressers because he went back to the house a second time.

Here's a link to one of the early articles that says LE went by the house.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten.../12/4-people-missing-foul-play-suspected.html

And it was confirmed by a dedicated WS member (sorry, the name escapes me) in the <modsnip: another> thread (anyone have a link?) that they did do those wellness checks. It was even revealed in that, that the F150 PU truck actually belonged to GB (not TH). Sheriff Barber also mentioned that the DQ manager had a key and let herself in. Perhaps he was sparing her any grief over going in the window, if in fact she did.

ETA the scanner link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119680&page=17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth