GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im interested to know more about this 2nd arrest, and the role this '17 year old' has played.

Does anyone have more details?

Im interested to know more about this 2nd arrest, and the role this '17 year old' has played.

Does anyone have more details?

This arrest was in relation to another murder in Salisbury. Not connected.

One thing that I thought of earlier today about how the [alleged suspect ]have made entry to the home...

He was friends with Chantelle and has been to the home several times before. Many homes have a "hidden" spare key. If you are friends with someone, many times they tell you where their key is. Or you even see them need to use it.

I know for me personally I have a couple keys that were given to me over the years. Coming over to feed their pets while on vacation etc. But when I was a teen I remember seeing several friends need to go to the "hidden" key after school while the parents were at work. I even had a home alarm code and a garage keypad code to one of my friends house.

benny,

you may be right. I however believe that the front door was simply left unlocked. Alot of homes (before this happened) in Kapunda leave their doors unlocked. This kinda thing just doesnt happen around here. :(

This link was mentioned on the last thread. Notice how it has said he had been charged with a sex offense. That is the only report i have seen that mentions that

Yes it is highly likely that the door was left unlocked. Its not uncommon for some people to leave a door unlocked. Although we often have robberies in the region, If there is a disturbance, intruders usually flee. Robberies are usally targeted at parked cars and sheds/garages or when the house is known to be empty. There has never been a wide spread fear of violent situations like this till now.

benny,

you may be right. I however believe that the front door was simply left unlocked. Alot of homes (before this happened) in Kapunda leave their doors unlocked. This kinda thing just doesnt happen around here. :(

Oh no doubt. I agree he probably just came in through an unlocked door. Just tossing out other possibilities. :)

Kind of surprised nobody has mentioned the MVP song that autoplays on his Bebo page. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9wUJBfvTL4 .

"One two, you hear the clock ticking?
You about to stop living.
I want you to remember me.
But the day don't have no memory.
I'm comin'!"

Listen to the song and its words, combine that with some intoxicating substance, a guy with no father, and unrequited love and that's all you need to know.

I'm not really understanding this 'sex offense' story. Are they trying to say that he raped her before killing her? I dont think that would have been possible as she would have screamed for help, and her dad would be in there straight away.

Perhaps this 'sex offense' is from another night? There might be evidence to suggest that they had previously had consensual sex from phone messages or something. Consensual sex with a 16 year old girl is statutory rape in South Australia. Although it would seem rather pointless convicting him of sex with a minor, considering the barbaric crimes he is already facing.

I'm not really understanding this 'sex offense' story. Are they trying to say that he raped her before killing her? I dont think that would have been possible as she would have screamed for help, and her dad would be in there straight away.

Perhaps this 'sex offense' is from another night? There might be evidence to suggest that they had previously had consensual sex from phone messages or something. Consensual sex with a 16 year old girl is statutory rape in South Australia. Although it would seem rather pointless convicting him of sex with a minor, considering the barbaric crimes he is already facing.

I think maybe one of the "cuts" he made may have been.. errm how do I say this.. down in her lower area? That may account for a sex offense. Not sure.

Kind of surprised nobody has mentioned the MVP song that autoplays on his Bebo page. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9wUJBfvTL4 .

I'm comin'!"

Listen to the song and its words, combine that with some intoxicating substance, a guy with no father, and unrequited love and that's all you need to know.
Someone did mention this in the last thread. It's buried in there somewhere.

That song just freaks me out when you listen to the lyrics....I wish we could have seen when he posted it to his Bebo page.

This quote from the article listed above is the first thing we have heard from his mum;

Last night, a family source in Scotland said: "His mum Lorna says the evidence against him means it doesn't look good. We can't believe it - he was a quiet, gentle giant."

At least she's not living in denial like a lot of other mothers of accused killers. Really feel for her.

No, i honestly believe IF there was a sex offense it was after she was dead and after the parents were dead he may have 'raped' the corpse. Yes it sounds sick but it would not be the first time it has been done. This is the sort of case where i would not be surprised if it happend one bit at all.

Anything anyone of us say is simply hearsay and opinion as we could be anyone and our sources could be totally fiction for all anyone knows. I worry about whether talking about it could help the accused so not sure whether to comment or not.

I am thinking that the reason they had the accused driven to the station by a work mate was to avoid leading the media to his workplace. They didn't tell anyone the reason because it would be given away, I mean how could you possibly act normal knowing something like that?

Thankfully he didn't get all paranoid in the car, who knows what someone whom, could do what they allegedly did be capable of, let alone when they have nothing else left to lose like he does now...

In my opinion, I find it hard to believe that the accused is totally quiet and nerdy. When I was reading the argument that I can only assume he was involved in as his account has been deleted - judging by the responses, he was threatening to bash someone and was using not very nice language. His I assume brother was also not very pleasant and though he expressed surprise that the alleged was using such language and owning this other person because he was weak - he also gave that warning that the alleged was capable of ******* this person up. The brother also made threats of both he and his mates would put this person in hospital if the alleged didn't **** this person up. This was early October so not that long ago. The brother also mentioned smoking weed and losing his job so it is possible that the alleged could have access who knows, what teenager doesn't know someone whom does these days.

I am assuming this person is his brother because he shares the same last name, refers to both he and the alleged as Scotts, refers to the alleged as his bro and also by the first name of the alleged.

I looked around at the alleged friends posts and someone commented on a rumour that apparently Chantelle said something to the alleged at the party that may have set him off. This person had also commented earlier on another wall something on the lines of 'if it was either of them I was told' suggesting there were rumours going around about 2 different people. But that could be relating back to when there was original speculation of a murder/suicide. Also, another commented that the alleged was in love with Chantelle but she was in love with his best friend. How true all this is who knows. A lot of his friends expressed total disbelief that he could do such a thing.

In regards to ice, from what I have heard from people whom work in ER is that people go into a rage the day after taking it. For example they go out one night, take the ice, the next day go to work thinking everything is normal and then bang. Perhaps he took it during the party and went into a rage the night after? or perhaps this was somewhat planned?

From the MVP song :
"You don't want no problem?
You don't want no drama?
They don't want nothin'.
You know how it is."

All over Chantelle's Bebo page :
"Don't Want No Drama!!"

Case closed.

Is this guy really for real in building a not guilty plea?

His own mum right there pretty much admits his guilt.

His BLOOD was found at the crime scene, not just his DNA but BLOOD!

His arm and hand has mutiple cuts, which he has gone out of his way to hide in public.

He displayed obsessive behaviour towards Chantelle, and was apparantly an uninvited guest to her party the night previous.

He is 100% locked up for life.

Anyone know if this is his brother? Or just some random friend..

I'm comin'!"

From the MVP song :
"You don't want no problem?
You don't want no drama?
They don't want nothin'.
You know how it is."

All over Chantelle's Bebo page :
"Don't Want No Drama!!"

Case closed.

BINGO I'm with you 100% on that.

Hi all. Been lurking here for a couple of days but this is my first post.

Firstly, I can't imagine what it would be like for the Kapunda residents. From what I can tell it's a relatively small community and an event like this would rock the community to the core. To all the residents there, to the family and friends of the victims you have my sincerest condolences. I know your community will get through this with time. Small communities tend to be hit the hardest when something like this happens, conversely they also tend to be quite resilient because the people band together and support each other in such times of need. Please know that there are loads of people like me, across Australia and the world, who are thinking of all of you and sending our condolences. If you need someone to chat to then I am here (as I am sure many other people on this board are as well)

sb9257 I can't imagine what it must be like for you and your family during this trying time and thank you for taking the time to post here. Likewise for anyone else form the area who might be posting or even just reading the thread.
I find it disturbing that the police asked a Kapunda resident to drive him to the police station to be arrested. sb9257 I am sorry that your son in law had to go through such an ordeal especially after everything that he and his family (yourself included) have already been through. The only thing I can think of is that the police thought it would be too dangerous to arrest him at his workplace. Being an apprentice mechanic he would have had access to numerous potential weapons at work. If he felt cornered then he could have taken a hostage and endangered even more lives. That’s the only thing I can think of to explain why they chose the approach they did.

I don't normally follow crime cases but this one has really struck a nerve for me. The brutality of it and the alleged offenders age just make it seem so surreal. I can't understand what would make someone snap to the point where they could kill 3 people in what seems to be a very psychotic attack.

By what people have posted here I have garnered the following:

• The kid was quite normal in day to day life. A bit shy and withdrawn perhaps (why is it always the shy ones that commit these sorts of crimes?).
  • Apparently he wasn't known for taking drugs
  • He missed his home (Scotland) and family there (derived this from the screenshots of conversations and profiles from Mrs G Norris photobucket album). I got the impression that he wasn’t happy in Australia and wanted to go back home to Scotland. Perhaps he felt alienated here?
  • He dated Chantelle at some point in the past but it was brief and they remained friends afterwards
  • Chantelle was dating his best friend when she was murdered
  • He seemed to be perhaps a little possessive (based on his comment to a photo on bebo - but the comment itself was rather innocuous so not sure that much can be drawn from that). In every photo I have seen he also seems to be wearing the same shirt – looks to be a Sydney swans shirt? (another poster raised this and it’s an interesting point, perhaps it indicates that Jason is somewhat obsessive compulsive)
  • At least one Scottish newspaper {mod edit} remove link and a poster here, has suggested that he is likely to be charged (or has been) with some sort of sex offense.
  • By all accounts the attack was barbaric and sustained
  • Chantelle suffered the most wounds and appeared to be the target of the attack
  • The bodies were found in different locations in the house
  • One or mroe of the victims suffered defensive wounds
  • a neighbour heard a women cry for help followed by a loud bang and a man screaming
  • I am not sure about this as there are conflicting reports, but Chantelle was killed first?
  • According to a local resident who posted here, Jason suffered wounds on his hands and arms.
  • He acted normally, didn’t look overly stressed, and played a ‘supporting friend’ role after the murders took place. He didn’t miss any work, lay flowers down at the shrine, posted condolences on facebook and showed no signs of being overtly stressed, anxious or nervous. His only quirk was that he wore a jumper even when it was very hot and his friends and work colleagues noticed this and ribbed him about it. When he did finally take off his jumper his colleagues noticed several cuts and gashes on his arms, but didn’t suspect anything because he was a quiet and mild mannered individual.
  • His house was searched, his car and other items from the house were confiscated by police.

A few questions:

• It would have been obvious to him that he was at least considered to be a suspect. As far as I am aware, only two houses were searched, one being his. His car was confiscated, items from his house were taken by police. Yes, other residents in the community were questioned and gave statements but as far as I am aware they didn’t have their homes searched and items confiscated. Why didn’t he run? One suggestion was that he is a teen and teens often think that they are invincible and are emotionally immature. But surely even a teen would realise that they had become the focus of the investigation after their house was searched and their car taken. He was an apprentice so perhaps he didn’t have any money to flee. Perhaps he thought if he acted normal then he could get away with it. Maybe he doesn’t recall what he had done in what may have been a blind act of pure rage. Even if it was the latter, surely he would know that he was involved somehow. He would have had at least some recollection of going to the house, of perhaps the anger, or desires he may have felt before going there. Of the actions he took after the event. Even if he did black out and doesn’t recall what happened, surely he would have questioned why he had cuts on his arms and hands? His actions following the event just seem so bizarre to me. He even voluntarily gave a DNA sample. It’s just altogether strange. But then, by all accounts the murders were brutal and sadistic, who knows how the mind works in individuals capable of such a crime?
  • If Chantelle was murdered first, and by all accounts, her body was the most afflicted, it indicates that he went back to her after killing her parents. If it was an act or pure rage then why would he do that? Surely his rage would have been satisfied by the murder itself without having to further mutilate her body?
  • The screams that the neighbour heard, were they Chantelle's or Rose? Whatw as the loud bang? who was the male voice shouting?
  • What ever happened to the white Toyota? Did they find the car and it’s occupants? Has it been determined to even be relevant to the case?
  • If it was unrequited love why wait until a month after she started dating her new BF before cracking up? Did something happen at the party the night before? Maybe it became apparent that she was keen on her new BF, perhaps did some things that she didn’t do with Jason, and after seeing some (from what others have implied – I haven’t seen the messages myself) lovely, dovey messages on facebook he finally snapped? The BF being his best friend maybe he confided in him about his relationship with Chantelle, perhaps indicating it was, or had, become serious, and that was the final straw for Jason?
  • If a sexual offense occurred, did he go over there to try persuade her to have sex with him and when she potentially refused went on to rape her? Her parents hearing a commotion, getting up to investigate and then all hell breaking lose? Or did he sexually assault her after the fact?

I don’t know. I find this whole case very strange. The age of the alleged, the brutality of it. It just all seems so bizarre and tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith