1306 users online (264 members and 1042 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Australia - Chantelle Rowe, 16, & parents found deceased, 08 Nov 2010 #2

Please continue here.

Thread 1

Salem
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 05-19-2015 at 01:01 AM. Reason: broken link

Im interested to know more about this 2nd arrest, and the role this '17 year old' has played.

Does anyone have more details?

Quote Originally Posted by James23 View Post
    Im interested to know more about this 2nd arrest, and the role this '17 year old' has played.

Does anyone have more details?
    This arrest was in relation to another murder in Salisbury. Not connected.

One thing that I thought of earlier today about how the [alleged suspect ]have made entry to the home...

He was friends with Chantelle and has been to the home several times before. Many homes have a "hidden" spare key. If you are friends with someone, many times they tell you where their key is. Or you even see them need to use it.

I know for me personally I have a couple keys that were given to me over the years. Coming over to feed their pets while on vacation etc. But when I was a teen I remember seeing several friends need to go to the "hidden" key after school while the parents were at work. I even had a home alarm code and a garage keypad code to one of my friends house.
    Last edited by JBean; 11-21-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: removed name

benny,

you may be right. I however believe that the front door was simply left unlocked. Alot of homes (before this happened) in Kapunda leave their doors unlocked. This kinda thing just doesnt happen around here.

Crimes and Awaiting Trial info exchange

This link was mentioned on the last thread. Notice how it has said he had been charged with a sex offense. That is the only report i have seen that mentions that

Yes it is highly likely that the door was left unlocked. Its not uncommon for some people to leave a door unlocked. Although we often have robberies in the region, If there is a disturbance, intruders usually flee. Robberies are usally targeted at parked cars and sheds/garages or when the house is known to be empty. There has never been a wide spread fear of violent situations like this till now.
    Last edited by JBean; 11-21-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: removed link to AS

Quote Originally Posted by smbc View Post
    benny,

you may be right. I however believe that the front door was simply left unlocked. Alot of homes (before this happened) in Kapunda leave their doors unlocked. This kinda thing just doesnt happen around here.
    Oh no doubt. I agree he probably just came in through an unlocked door. Just tossing out other possibilities.

Kind of surprised nobody has mentioned the MVP song that autoplays on his Bebo page. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9wUJBfvTL4 .

"One two, you hear the clock ticking?
    You about to stop living.
    I want you to remember me.
    But the day don't have no memory.
    I'm comin'!"

Listen to the song and its words, combine that with some intoxicating substance, a guy with no father, and unrequited love and that's all you need to know.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 05-19-2015 at 01:01 AM. Reason: broken link

I'm not really understanding this 'sex offense' story. Are they trying to say that he raped her before killing her? I dont think that would have been possible as she would have screamed for help, and her dad would be in there straight away.

Perhaps this 'sex offense' is from another night? There might be evidence to suggest that they had previously had consensual sex from phone messages or something. Consensual sex with a 16 year old girl is statutory rape in South Australia. Although it would seem rather pointless convicting him of sex with a minor, considering the barbaric crimes he is already facing.

Quote Originally Posted by James23 View Post
    I'm not really understanding this 'sex offense' story. Are they trying to say that he raped her before killing her? I dont think that would have been possible as she would have screamed for help, and her dad would be in there straight away.

Perhaps this 'sex offense' is from another night? There might be evidence to suggest that they had previously had consensual sex from phone messages or something. Consensual sex with a 16 year old girl is statutory rape in South Australia. Although it would seem rather pointless convicting him of sex with a minor, considering the barbaric crimes he is already facing.
    I think maybe one of the "cuts" he made may have been.. errm how do I say this.. down in her lower area? That may account for a sex offense. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by canterbury View Post
    Kind of surprised nobody has mentioned the MVP song that autoplays on his Bebo page. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9wUJBfvTL4 .

"One two, you hear the clock ticking?
    You about to stop living.
    I want you to remember me.
    But the day don't have no memory.
    I'm comin'!"

Listen to the song and its words, combine that with some intoxicating substance, a guy with no father, and unrequited love and that's all you need to know.
    Someone did mention this in the last thread. It's buried in there somewhere.

That song just freaks me out when you listen to the lyrics....I wish we could have seen when he posted it to his Bebo page.
    Neither the state nor the defense team are saints, and there is usually plenty of incompetence to go around on both sides of the courtroom.

This quote from the article listed above is the first thing we have heard from his mum;

Last night, a family source in Scotland said: "His mum Lorna says the evidence against him means it doesn't look good. We can't believe it - he was a quiet, gentle giant."

At least she's not living in denial like a lot of other mothers of accused killers. Really feel for her.
    Neither the state nor the defense team are saints, and there is usually plenty of incompetence to go around on both sides of the courtroom.

No, i honestly believe IF there was a sex offense it was after she was dead and after the parents were dead he may have 'raped' the corpse. Yes it sounds sick but it would not be the first time it has been done. This is the sort of case where i would not be surprised if it happend one bit at all.

Anything anyone of us say is simply hearsay and opinion as we could be anyone and our sources could be totally fiction for all anyone knows. I worry about whether talking about it could help the accused so not sure whether to comment or not.

I am thinking that the reason they had the accused driven to the station by a work mate was to avoid leading the media to his workplace. They didn't tell anyone the reason because it would be given away, I mean how could you possibly act normal knowing something like that?

Thankfully he didn't get all paranoid in the car, who knows what someone whom, could do what they allegedly did be capable of, let alone when they have nothing else left to lose like he does now...

In my opinion, I find it hard to believe that the accused is totally quiet and nerdy. When I was reading the argument that I can only assume he was involved in as his account has been deleted - judging by the responses, he was threatening to bash someone and was using not very nice language. His I assume brother was also not very pleasant and though he expressed surprise that the alleged was using such language and owning this other person because he was weak - he also gave that warning that the alleged was capable of ******* this person up. The brother also made threats of both he and his mates would put this person in hospital if the alleged didn't **** this person up. This was early October so not that long ago. The brother also mentioned smoking weed and losing his job so it is possible that the alleged could have access who knows, what teenager doesn't know someone whom does these days.

I am assuming this person is his brother because he shares the same last name, refers to both he and the alleged as Scotts, refers to the alleged as his bro and also by the first name of the alleged.

I looked around at the alleged friends posts and someone commented on a rumour that apparently Chantelle said something to the alleged at the party that may have set him off. This person had also commented earlier on another wall something on the lines of 'if it was either of them I was told' suggesting there were rumours going around about 2 different people. But that could be relating back to when there was original speculation of a murder/suicide. Also, another commented that the alleged was in love with Chantelle but she was in love with his best friend. How true all this is who knows. A lot of his friends expressed total disbelief that he could do such a thing.

In regards to ice, from what I have heard from people whom work in ER is that people go into a rage the day after taking it. For example they go out one night, take the ice, the next day go to work thinking everything is normal and then bang. Perhaps he took it during the party and went into a rage the night after? or perhaps this was somewhat planned?

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast