FL - Brandi Peters, 27, & her 3 kids found murdered, Tallahassee, 20 Nov 2010 *Guilty*

UGHH i have twins that are 7 and a 3 yr old, this is sickening!

I'm trying to find news stories out of Florida about this, but can only find the same story in the above link reported over and over again all over the US :(

Oh my! When will it end??? (at least Fla has Sunshine law) I think all states should have it, especially Oklahoma...that would put a stop to "the good 'ole boys" nonsense we have here.

UGHH reminds me of the other case :( :( Except these bodies aren't in a tree :(

3-page article - but mostly it just repeats the same details
<snip>

Investigators were scrambling to find out exactly what happened to the four. McCranie said the inside of the one-story home on Saddle Creek Run off Jim Lee Road showed obvious signs of violence.

&#8220;We&#8217;re looking at anyone the family knew and anyone who would want to harm them,&#8221; McCranie said, adding that investigators have not ruled out a murder/suicide.

Police had no leads and no motive, McCranie said. They were examining all possibilities. Forensics investigators and patrol officers were on the scene throughout the day.

&#8220;The crime scene (inside the house) is very expansive,&#8221; McCranie said. &#8220;There is a lot of detail involved. So we will be taking steps to gather evidence very carefully.&#8221;

The cause of the deaths was not released.

McCranie urged citizens who might have knowledge about the deaths to call Crime Stoppers at 574-TIPS (8477) or TPD at 891-4200.

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/...n-found-dead-in-residence-on-Saddle-Creek-Run

Thanks Mist. The murder suicide t hing was very helpful!

<snips>

"We had a neighbor call us who was concerned so we responded to try to look around the house and so forth and that's when we discovered the bodies," said Officer David McCranie, spokesman for the Tallahassee Police Department.
McCranie says it may likely be some time before they figure out what happened. He's expected to release additional information Sunday.

more here

http://www.wtxl.com/content/topstor...-Tallahassee-home/9ScqViq37kOVA1PbYmBaLQ.cspx

Oh my! When will it end??? (at least Fla has Sunshine law) I think all states should have it, especially Oklahoma...that would put a stop to "the good 'ole boys" nonsense we have here.

I am so all over this! After what happened a few miles from my hometown in Mt. Vernon....this?? I am so thankful they have the Sunshine law. Murder-suicide would mean the mother killed the children and herself. I can't see a mother chasing her children all over the house to create a scene like they described. Of course, it wouldn't be the first mother:(
^i^

Police spokesman David McCranie wouldn't elaborate on the signs of violence police found at the home, but investigators believe the four were slain by someone else. The case is being investigated as a homicide.

"We are trying to find out if anyone would want to harm the family," he said.

The man who lives two doors down said the neighborhood had burglary problems in recent years, though the crimes had waned with increased police patrols.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/20/police-body-woman-children-florida-home/?test=latestnews

Bumping for this poor family.

The comments by the neighbors are kind of strange. There are break in's so you're not surprised that a mother and her three children were murdered?! I'm looking at the neighborhood on Streetview and it doesn't look like some inner city/crime-ridden place. There's a big difference between a burglary and a home invasion; there's a reason why the murder of the Petit family in CT got so much media coverage. I doubt this was someone who went in their house to rob them and they discovered each other--this was not random IMO.

Hi Eileen, I'm in Iowa too :)

I agree, that the neighborhood looks nice, I read it's a new addition just put up 5 years ago :) Way nicer than my house/neighborhood LOL Article from fox said the kids had 2 different father's I'm sure they are being looked into... The whole thing about the crime scene to me indicates it was brutal and the mom and kids were spread throughout the house :( Makes me ill

I live about 5 minutes from Jim Lee Road and it is a very shady neighborhood. I was just telling the hubby we should ride over there (in the daylight hours) to give everyone here an update. The hubby gave me a unibrow!

OT - I wanted to share some excitement with my fellow WSers.. I completed my certification for a concealed weapons permit today. Next step is to fill out the paperwork for my permit!!

So sad

"... but investigators believe the four were slain by someone else. The case is being investigated as a homicide...."

So it wasn't murder suicide

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/20/police-body-woman-children-florida-home/#ixzz15swYHK2d

that may be older info...tallahassee.com (from my link above) showed updates earlier in the day it was investigated as homicide...the most recent update in my post was possible murder-suicide.

either way it's sad.

Ahhh gotcha texas, I didn't think to look at that sorry!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back