CANADA Canada - Forrest Schab, 26, Toronto ON, 8 Sept 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/11/19/missing-schab-forrest-dy-rapper.html

Last Updated: Friday, November 19, 2010 | 4:07 PM ET

Up-and-coming Canadian rapper Forrest Schab, who performs under the moniker DY, has been reported missing by his family.

"We haven't heard from Forrest since August. We are extremely worried about him. If anyone has information of his whereabouts, please help us by contacting the Toronto police department," the Schab family said in a statement.

schab-forrest-dy-facebook.jpg

Canadian rap newcomer missing, family says
Up-and-coming Canadian rapper Forrest Schab, who performs under the moniker DY, has been reported missing by his family.

"We haven't heard from Forrest since August. We are extremely worried about him. If anyone has information of his whereabouts, please help us by contacting the Toronto police department," the Schab family said in a statement.

The 26-year-old was last seen in Toronto in August, not long after having completed work on a forthcoming single and music video. Although he had expressed plans to visit Mexico in mid-August, it is unknown if he left the country.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/11/19/missing-schab-forrest-dy-rapper.html

Forrest Schab, 26
Up-and-coming Canadian rapper DY
He was last seen in Toronto in August 2010 - last twitter message: Sept. 8th

dypic.jpg

Persons with information can contact the Toronto Police Department at 416-808-2222

Canadian rap newcomer missing, family says

The 26-year-old was last seen in Toronto in August, not long after having completed work on a forthcoming single and music video. Although he had expressed plans to visit Mexico in mid-August, it is unknown if he left the country.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/11/19/missing-schab-forrest-dy-rapper.html

Forrest Schab, 26
He was last seen in Toronto in August 2010 - His last twitter message: Sept. 8th

dypic.jpg

Persons with information can contact the Toronto Police Department at 416-808-2222

Forrest Schab, 26
He was last seen in Toronto in August 2010 - His last twitter message: Sept. 8th

149922_454685321366_265438031366_5941634_2213800_n.jpg

LOTS OF PICTURES of him and friends (also promo pics) in his Facebook I AM DY : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=148879&id=265438031366#!/IAMDYOFFICIAL?v=photos

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=148879&id=265438031366

FB WALL : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=148879&id=265438031366#!/IAMDYOFFICIAL?v=wall

Much Music's Re Hot blog reports that "DY was last seen middle of August at his video shoot says Matt Attfield, DMD Promotions national publicist, who also said that he is unsure who the last person was to see DY but that he was seen at the video shoot for “That’s My Spot” on August 8th about a week before he was scheduled to go to Mexico.

The last Tweet from his account was on September 8th when he said, “Happy birthday to my favourite voice on the radio @jjisjeni. All the best!” That was him wishing Flow 93.5FM Toronto personality Jeni McKenzie a Happy Birthday.

This story is as bizarre as it could get. My calls to several industry people were mixed while some could not be reached. Some are speculating a "publicity stunt" but why and for what? It's almost 3 months and his family is very worried. DY as you know is on the same CP record label as Danny Fernandez and Belly among others. CP Records CEO Tony Sal speaks for all in them in his press release statement: “DY is such a great young talent. All of the artists and staff at CP Records have him and his family in our prayers.” Anyone with information can call the Toronto Police Department at 416-808-2222.

More: http://www.hiphossip.com/2010/11/breaking-news-dynamic-canadian-rapper.html

weird - pretty sure my friend's son (who is in the same scene) knows him

gonna go check facebook now

come home safe DY

you mean to say that the Canadian govt cannot check to see if one if its citizens took a flight to Mexico? that would have been the first place I looked after a missing person's report was filed.

it does seem kind of odd that someone who was supposedly such an up and coming star in the rap world would go unmissed for three months.

my initial impression is that when he was not in the middle of some project, he did what he wanted, when he wanted and didn't tell too many people. how else can you explain this sort of absence before anyone realized he was missing?

did he not have bills to pay? would not the mail carrier have noticed that the box was overstuffed with mail?

without any information on his personal life, something does not sound right at home. I could be way off on this, but even a single guy living in an apt would be missed, even if it is the landlord not getting a rent check.

yes webrocket, the Canadian gov't can check into anything they like just like other gov'ts but my real question is, why has the family waited three months to report him missing?

his sister has confirmed that "he flew to cancun, then cabo, then somewhere else ..." and says it seems to be the third day in Mexico that he disappeared

as per her FB:

http://www.facebook.com/jessicamystic#!/jessicamystic?v=wall

his sister also says that Forrest did not send that tweet on Sept. 8th - someone at the label did and that the real last contact anyone had with him was Aug.13th - a call to his manager saying he was in Mexico

sister says no activity in his bank for a long time as per LE

Thanks LadyL,
So you are saying his sister has confirmed that DY left Canada. :(
I have to admit that for a split of a second I also thought this could have been a 'publicity stunt', and being the weekend, the Toronto Police Service site doesn't update News Releases, so he is not listed there yet. That is probably the reason why the LE phone number given does not belong to a specific LE Division, but it is the Non-Emergency Toronto Police phone number.

With so many Canadians being killed in Mexico the past years, and 3 months of nobody hearing from him, this is not sounding too good :(

I too am wondering why nobody noticed him missing before! He seems to have lots of friends/acquaintances.

Did he travel alone? no girlfriend / friend? Have they tried his cellphone? Pin towers?

He most likely rented a car first thing when he arrived in Mexico. How did he travel from Cancun to Cabo? By plane? Is that Cabo San Lucas? that is in Baja California, Mexico, on the west coast (Pacific Ocean).

DY.jpg
Attfield was also unable to say if he was planning on travelling alone or with anyone else. Currently, the investigation is only being done in Toronto by the Toronto Police Department and Mexican authorities have not become involved.
If he IS in Mexico, they need to get the Mexican authorities involved asap! Canada has no jurisdiction over there to conduct investigations. His family needs to contact the Canadian Embassy!

http://blog.muchmusic.com/canadian-rapper-dy-reported-missing/?album=6&gallery=127

Originally from Vancouver, Schab released a debut single, Passenger, in October 2009. The track featured fellow CP Records artist Fernandes, whom he joined on a cross-Canada tour with international chart-topper Akon earlier that year.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2010/11/19/missing-schab-forrest-dy-rapper.html#ixzz15tQ9Hom6

Not sure if this is the same person, but found someone with his name. Am finding out some 'aspects' of his life that IMO explain why his family didn't report him missing earlier. Don't see how that will help find him, reason why I'm not posting that info.

Answering my own question: he flew from Cancun to Cabo San Lucas, on the west coast, and there was mention of a blue bay hotel

Wondering if someone has been able to contact his publicist LP by now.

There are some not good comments re CP Records President posted on his FB - including old news articles

There's a reason the stars have security. He had to have, or think he had, someone else watching his back. I wonder who that is. Kind of like a spouse in a domestic case.

last year a friend's mother took a trip to Mexico. [the live on opposite sides of the US] I forget when he found out about it but she did not return from her trip as planned. Mexico is not safe for anyone. (I suppose if one stays only at resorts or on a cruise ship it might not be so bad).

needless to say, my friend fllagged me down online and we went through a whole laundry list of things to do. he called the local police to check the house to see if she was there - negative. the cops spoke to a tenant and asked him to have her call her son when she got back.

we tracked down the phone number of the next door neighbor and he spoke to them and said there were some strange people coming and going at the house. we struggled to figure out the name and number of her gentleman friend and finally were able to get a message to him. he called back and said she decided to stay in Mexico an extra week or so.

I suggested calling the State Dept but he did not know for a fact if she was really there.
not knowing if his mother was dead or alive or even in Mexico, all he could do was wait until the appointed date of her belated return. she did make it back a day late, connecting flight problems, and she was startled at what he did to try to find her. she was not upset and said she would keep him better informed in the future.

In this rapper's case, I have to question his motives for going to Mexico, but if he intended to stay at safer resorts then it is not the end of the world. However, if his sister last heard from him in mid-August, what is wrong with her that she waited until now to call the cops? if Rapper DY met with foul play, fat chance finding out now what happened.

• No updates on Forrest's disappearance
  • Forrest is still not listed as 'missing' in the Toronto Police Service site
  • Forrest's sister has removed the Wall in her FB account. We can no longer read of any updates/info
  • Other than the CBC, only blogs and entertainment sites are reporting about DY
  • In one site, they state that DY stands for "Die Young"

Canadian Rapper DY Reported Missing in Mexico
The Boombox - Posted Nov 22nd 2010 3:00PM
Forrest Schab (artistic name: DY)
dy-200-112310.jpg

Canadian rapper DY, born Forrest Schab, has been reported missing by his family, who last heard from him in more than three months.

The 26-year-old MC, whose rap name is an abbreviation of "Die Young," was recently signed to Canadian record label CP Records, and was preparing a followup to his popular club single 'Passenger,' when he made plans to fly to Mexico sometime in mid-August, and summarily disappeared without a trace.

Read more (also VIDEO) : http://www.theboombox.com/2010/11/22/canadian-rapper-dy-reported-missing-in-mexico/

odd that LE does not list him as missing and the family basically disabled the FB page.

very strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back