676 users online (96 members and 580 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

They cut down the tree!!?

"They" donated all the toys to "Toys For Tots" which I think is great,but they cut the tree down! Was it dead or a danger somehow?
    I am "The Elephants Child."

WOT! They cut down the tree where heartfelt people put donated toys and letters?....or did AB (the so called tree man) do it? If I find out he did it, I hope charges are brought against him. I can't see the city going out and cutting it down - it looked healthy to me.

Just my opinion!

Mel

ETA: besides, where I come from, the city will come around and put a yellow X on a tree if there's a danger (regardless of private or public property). There's still a tree out there waiting to be cut down for 6 months now. This news is very sketchy to me.

I think I read the owner of the house had it cut down. Will have to look for link.

I couldn't believe all the cut down trees on that property. Ticked me off. Probably weed trees but still... it's not like they were attempting a habitat restoration.
    ~ If you talk to God, you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic...... House MD ~

Also Saturday, the front yard memorial, including toys and cards people placed around the tree, is gone.

The tree was cut down, too.

It became a landmark in Hickory.

The property owner says it was time to take down after the home got vandalized last week.
    From Dar's link in the media thread.

Where did you see they cut down the tree?
    Why would they do that?
    Wierd.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

I believe the landlord/former boss did it. I was very unhappy to see a perfectly good tree was cut down for the convenience of a landlord who was probably tired of all the traffic.

I feel for the man, who is goiing to want to rent/buy that home? I get that he has been financially harmed by this case through no fault of his own. But to cut down the tree seems silly. The tree is not what is bringing people there. Zahra's story is.

As far as AB doing it. That is very unlikely, as all the equipment he would need to do it belong the the boss/landlord and not AB. Besides, I get the impression that since the eviction, AB os not welcome on the property.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Here ya go --

not sure who's cutting it down though

Zahratree1.jpg

More at link:

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Memor...109563879.html

Mel

I think cutting down what many probley looked at as a living tribute to Zahra is just sad. I see the landlords point of trying to take the focus off of his property. I felt bad for him when I read of the vandalism he doesnt deserve that. I just think cutting down the tree was going a step beyond what was needed. Im kind of torn between hating that Zahras tree is gone and feeling like the landord just wants the noteriety to be taken out of his everyday life.
    Donating the toys to needy children is a wonderful thing.
    This whole thing is just horrible. I thought I was getting toughened up and away from the emotional part of all this...Im crying over a TREE!!!
    GREAT MOUNTAINS OF HAPPINESS GROW OUT OF TINY HILLS OF KINDNESS

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Vanda...109097504.html

The most notable sign of frustration comes from the crunching sound of glass on the ground. In an act of vandalism, someone punched out two of the front windows.

It is just part of the growing anger at the home where the Baker family lived. Signs line the front yard. Many of those signs strike a similar tone – a need for justice.

Among the signs, "Stepmom and Daddy both need to be in jail” and “God, please let someone pay for this.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...leaned-up.html

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Sounds like someone throwing a 2 year old fit to me..............
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

But how stupid is it for people to vandalize a house? It is not the house's fault that sick people rented it...I get the frustration, but that is just plain ignorant to me.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Personally, I think a new tree planted in a park or garden somewhere similar would be a better tribute to Zahra, rather than a memorial placed where she not only lived, but died.

It just makes me so sad, who would want to live in that house anyways. House should be demolished and the tree should have stayed as a permanent memorial. IDK what he was thinking.

While I hate to see a tree cut for this reason I do get that this man probably just wants to be left alone, to try and pick up the pieces and recoup his losses. I wish he hadn't cut the tree, but I am sympathetic to his plight.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast