638 users online (75 members and 563 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NC - Danielle Lunsford, 8, starved to death, Danville, 2 Oct 2010

Here is yet another example of a child who needed real parents, not what she ended up with.

This young lady was discovered to be 30 lbs at 8 years old, she weighed almost twice as much just six months ago.

The parents are charged with intentionally starving this child for a YEAR.

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-stor...,3161821.story

3 other children were placed in fostercare.

the Parents claim they tried to get her to eat but she was "depressed"

follow the link and read the father's statements if you want to get angrier.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    Here is yet another example of a child who needed real parents, not what she ended up with.

This young lady was discovered to be 30 lbs at 8 years old, she weighed almost twice as much just six months ago.

The parents are charged with intentionally starving this child for a YEAR.

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-stor...,3161821.story

3 other children were placed in fostercare.

the Parents claim they tried to get her to eat but she was "depressed"

follow the link and read the father's statements if you want to get angrier.
    BBM No kidding!

Yeah....I dont think an eight year old is going to get that depressed...and if they do..here's an idea...TAKE THEM TO THE DOCTOR. Guilty.

RIP McStays

So sad. I have tried to find any other news articles so that I could link them here. But this case, unlike little Zahra and Shaniya before her, seems to be flying under the radar. It is not a compelling enough story with compelling enough victim for it to garner the attention that some others.

So so Sorry Danielle.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

I am trying to imagine an 8 year old who weighs 35 lbs.

It is a frightening image. My 6yr old son weighs 48 lbs and is of average weight for his height

Poor little doll. We care.

RIP Danielle. I too am so sorry nobody helped you.

Willie and Dominique Lunsford, both of Milton, N.C.,
    Okay were was childrens services when an 8 year old is NOT in school????
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

At 8yo, Danielle is old enough to be in school....did I miss something about anybody else checking up on her?

In Austin if a kid doesn't show up for school, a constable knocks on your door - even if the child only missed a day w/o a parent/caregiver notifying the school.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

She did weigh 60 lbs and went down to 35 in 6 months!!!..........
    come on, why not take her to a doctor???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

well she was depressed pasion, thats what her dearest father says <--- sarcasm. I'll just be she was depressed! <--- sorry , more sarcasm.

This makes me angry. and is it me or in NC not looking so good lately as far as parents harming their children and DSS being oblivious? Probably an unfair assessment on my part but gee-manetly, WTH is going on in NC lately?

well, with parents like that, she probably was depressed

RIP Danielle - I'm so sorry you were born into that

the other kids are said to be normal weight so why were they singling out Danielle I wonder ...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    the other kids are said to be normal weight so why were they singling out Danielle I wonder ...
    I've asked that question all of my life. I grew up with a brother 18 mos older and a sister 12 mos younger...I was "it", the "scapegoat" all of my childhood
    years. My parents divorced when I was 9 and my mother had 3 more children. I was still "it". I'm 58 now, married 32 yrs and my mother has seen my two sons no more than 5 times in their life. I've sent graduation notices, wedding invitation for my 28 yr old this summer and she just ignores that I or they exist. My 28 yr old will graduate from Med School in May and I can guarantee that she will ignore that, too.
    She mentally abused me, physically, also and knew my father was molesting me and did nothing about it.
    How folks can do it to any child or why just one child is beyond me. Therapist have told me that I was the outlet for her hatred of herself.
    Thanks, mom! I'm thankful I learned to set boundaries when my children were born and you weren't able to hurt them, too.
    ^i^

"I believe there are angels among us..."

I am so sorry storm.

There is no reasonable answer to "why" a parent will decide to take out all their rage on one child while passing over another.

We will never understand it because it cannot be understood.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    I am so sorry storm.

There is no reasonable answer to "why" a parent will decide to take out all their rage on one child while passing over another.

We will never understand it because it cannot be understood.
    Thank you! My point really is that we can look all of our lives for a reason, but the truth is insanity just doesn't make sense. I looked exactly like her, was her first born daughter, you would think a mother would treasure that....but she literally gave me away-to an aunt and uncle at about 3 months until I was walking. When they asked to adopt me, my parents made them bring me back. They didn't want me, but they certainly didn't want my well-off aunt and uncle to have something they couldn't have-another child.
    This poor angel girl had to have suffered beyond our imagination and I can't believe that can happen in 2010 without anyone knowing about it!
    ^i^

"I believe there are angels among us..."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast