Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Bradyn, where are you?
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

Bumping for Bradyn, missing 3 years today.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I just watched the ID show via Netflix. I have to say that if he didn't want to be found ever again, he wouldn't go to Montana. That's just where he wants everyone to think he went. It's too obvious. If he likes hunting and fishing, the great northwest is where he wanted to be, IMO!

We need to keep our eyes out in Idaho, Oregon and Washington.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I just watched the ID show via Netflix. I have to say that if he didn't want to be found ever again, he wouldn't go to Montana. That's just where he wants everyone to think he went. It's too obvious. If he likes hunting and fishing, the great northwest is where he wanted to be, IMO!

We need to keep our eyes out in Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
    I have to disagree, Kimster. Montana is the 4th largest state by area. It's very rural. Very. You could easily hide there and never be found... Look at Google Streetview. I wouldn't doubt he could be in Wyoming or Montana. Just my 2 cents.

I don't think he's near where his car was, but if he is still alive, he could be anywhere. He very well could be in Wyoming or Montana, or the Northwest as you stated.

Wyoming, Montana both have great hunting and fishing... as well as North Dakota, South Dakota, and other states.

I wouldn't rule out Wyoming and Montana on his whereabouts.
    ...Always remembering the missing...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M86 For This Useful Post:

Just watching this episode of Disappeared on Netflix again and felt like bumping. I have a feeling he is alive. I certainly hope so.
    All posts are my opinion and nothing more.

...and that visibility which makes us most vulnerable is that which also is the source of our greatest strength.
    ― Audre Lorde

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlithePlum For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Bradyn.
    All posts are my opinion and nothing more.

...and that visibility which makes us most vulnerable is that which also is the source of our greatest strength.
    ― Audre Lorde

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlithePlum For This Useful Post:

for Braydn.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

kai

Bumping Bradyn's thread with his episode of Disappeared for anyone that hasn't seen it before:

Disappeared - Lost Highway - YouTube
    Last edited by KateB; 04-05-2015 at 03:32 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mayqueen View Post
    I wonder why he took his father's handgun, when his girlfriend says he had his own?
    Maybe he sold his gun earlier when the financial troubles started.

Why did he leave his cold-weather clothes, including his Carhartt jacket, in the car he left behind? I know it was July, but I would think he'd take the jacket at a minimum.
    I agree, but if he was operating on fear it's easy to imagine he never even thought about jacket in July if he was specifically planning a high-altitude hike.

Why did he leave the car where he did? The gas tank was 3/4 full. He could've driven further and saved himself some walking / hitching(?).
    I suspect that after he had the tire replaced, he saw squad car just patrolling the interstate. It freaked him out. He started wondering if the mechanic put his VIN or name into a national database somehow and the police in the area had been notified to look for his car. As soon as he was out of sight of the police car, he stopped the car and abandoned it quickly.

He was on his way to visit an girlfriend or someone who he had done small drug deals or other small crimes with. He either called that person to get a lift or he hitchhiked the rest of the way.

I hope he's alive, but I just don't know what to think. He was pretty close with his family, so I'm surprised he hasn't found a way to let them know he's OK.
    I wonder what his family would do if many months after he disappeared he reached out? What if he said beyond the stolen money, he thinks the police may be on to him regarding some other crimes he did that no one else knows about-- maybe some drug deals, selling hot goods for another thief, and robbing some store at night using his knowledge from working in store security. If the police could prove all that, he might be a risk for prison time.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CircuitGuy For This Useful Post:

I just thought of Bradyn yesterday. Come home soon.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MagnoliaMountain For This Useful Post:

Any way to prove police don't suspect him of other crimes?

The ID show and the article someone posted from The Pitch both make clear that the police want to help a missing/lost person, not track down a fugitive from the law; the charges are not serious. Can anyone verify this claim by the police? Suppose the police suspected him in five other similar crimes. I'm not suggesting he's a master criminal but rather that this might not have been his only serious crime.

One way to verify it would be the public records of the charges. If they even suspected him of other crimes, I think (can anyone confirm?) the practice is to charge him publicly with everything they suspect and get him to do a plea bargain to admit at least to the things they could prove in court.

The public records would not indicate if they began to suspect him of other crimes after the initial charges. What if some other criminal had turned on him? Police may have gotten the person he bought drugs from to reveal his customers. They may have caught a thief for whom Bradyn sold the stolen goods. The police could be compiling a binder of evidence for a bunch of other crimes they suspect him of, and they would not need to make any of the investigation public.

The ID show supports the narrative that he was a law-abiding person who ran into a financial trouble and made one bad decision to steal. It suggests the police scared him saying he would go to prison for years. That story doesn't ring true to me. His parents offered to help him. He appears able-bodied and could have gotten some other job. He hid from his parents the fact that his hours had been cut to almost nothing, he was behind on rent, and he had been accused of a crime. It just doesn't sound like an honest person who made one mistake.

If this guess is right, he may have decided to stay in hiding rather than risk going to prison if the police figure out all the crimes he committed. Maybe he saw this a chance to start clean. He either began working in undocumented jobs for legitimate businesses, worked in illegal businesses like drugs, or built a new identity using fake documents.

Is there anyway to prove that the police really don't even suspect him of crimes serious enough to lead to prison?

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CircuitGuy For This Useful Post:

I would like to know if Bradyn's own gun was ever found. I know many young men about his age who have sold their firearms when in a tough financial spot. He may have then taken his parents' gun to use to protect himself or even to pawn that for extra cash as well. Although, I trust that LE looked into these possibilities at the time Bradyn went missing.

It seems as though Bradyn would have looked for additional employment when his Bass Pro hours were cut to only 8 per week. Neither he nor his parents could realistically have expected him to pay for rent & other bills unless he found another source of income, so it doesn't seem (to me) that Bradyn's financial struggles prior to his disappearance would have been a surprise. His parents also seemed perfectly willing and capable of helping him out financially. It's hard (for me) to believe that there was no other reason Bradyn was in need of so much cash (gambling, credit card debt?) than just to pay typical bills. The felony theft from his workplace seems to be motivated by Bradyn wanting to obtain a large amount of cash without his parents' knowledge. It makes me think-- what did Bradyn need so much cash for that he couldn't tell his parents about? He had been comfortable living at his parents home and being supported by them since finishing high school four years prior. I believe he would have asked his parents for money if he needed it for something routine.

I feel like I'm missing a piece of the puzzle regarding the circumstances prior to Bradyn's disappearance.

All just my own opinion!
    Just my opinion!

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dixie811 For This Useful Post:

it makes me wonder that he borrowed a lot of money from his parents either to pay off something he owed or use it towards making a new life for himself... but it is definitely weird how no one has even seen or heard from him... assuming that he has created a new identity, if his case has been aired.. someone must have seen his resemblance on TV... makes no sense.. and i too feel like something was missing in this case.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to annoulzz For This Useful Post:

I'm thinking he must have gotten a ride with a trucker at the truck stop just up the road from where he left his car on the highway. Carrying a gun into a truckers cab is not a good idea. While driving perhaps the trucker saw the gun and assumed the worst. Or maybe he wanted the gun for himself or just perhaps he wanted to do something to this young 22 year old boy. Lot of bad truckers out there.

But maybe he did make it to his destination, tried to live off the land, and simply died of exposure. I'm inclined to think he didn't make it to his destination though. He seemed to get along with his parents. I know others have before but I doubt he would have gone this long without contacting them. I just think he's most likely not alive.

Bumping for Bradyn. Now missing 4 years.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast