1071 users online (219 members and 852 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221

    Glad to be wrong

    Hey, all.

    I usually don't like "therapy" threads, but I thought it might be good for us to say whether or not we'd like to be wrong about our respective theories and why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
    I HOPE I'm wrong, believe me.
    That caught my eye, HOTYH. I'm legitimately interested. Why do you say that?

    For the record, I hope I'm wrong, too. I'm DESPERATE to be wrong. The idea that JB was killed by a parent is a LOT scarier than any intruder I can think of, regardless of motivation. And there are a few reasons for that:

    1) The idea that a child is not safe with the people he/she is SUPPOSED to be safe with is much more disturbing than a straight good & evil story about some boogeyman.

    2) More importantly, if my theory is correct, than it's a case of "there, but for the grace of God, go I." Which is what I suspect scares most people.

    Everyone's welcome. Let's give it a go.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    653
    I actually hope I am RIGHT.

    If there was indeed an intruder, there is nothing to say that he/she hasn't killed again or will kill again. If I am right, I think the tally stands at 1 forever.

    What I DO hope I am wrong about is the history of sexual abuse...I'd feel better about things if this was a sudden death rather than a drawn out history of abuse leading up to it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,769
    How can one determine whether JonBenet being killed by her parents or by an intruder is more disturbing? Like you said, if Patsy and/or John killed her, she was killed by someone she thought loved her. But if an intruder killed her, then she was being murdered while her parents slept and they couldn't help her. Both scenarios are horrible. If JonBenet was killed by her parents, how is her murder more scary/disturbing than Samantha Runnion's, who was killed by a complete stranger? Or vice versa? Both are them are equally sick in my mind.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,897
    If I'm wrong about anything I believe right now, I sincerely hope it is that JonBenet was being molested prior to that night. There are feelings on that issue that I cannot even begin to express here. So much pain. I cannot even type here without tears falling as I think of her needing so bad for someone to rescue her, just someone she could talk to, who would take her seriously and not come to the conclusion that she was just a little bit molested. So, if it really was RDI, I truly hope it was some kind of freak accident that just escalated out of hand and then I could be wrong about all of it, including JonBenet knowing that someone she loved took her life.
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,897
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    How can one determine whether JonBenet being killed by her parents or by an intruder is more disturbing? Like you said, if Patsy and/or John killed her, she was killed by someone she thought loved her. But if an intruder killed her, then she was being murdered while her parents slept and they couldn't help her. Both scenarios are horrible. If JonBenet was killed by her parents, how is her murder more scary/disturbing than Samantha Runnion's, who was killed by a complete stranger? Or vice versa? Both are them are equally sick in my mind.
    I agree that both are completely horrifying. "Home", "mommy", "daddy", these all mean safety to most kids. Well, we all know that no matter what happened that night, those words didn't mean safety for JonBenet. No, neither of these crimes is any worse than the other except for the fact that a man is paying with his life for what he did to Samantha and nobody has ever had to answer for what was done to JonBenet. I guess that's what makes hers more horrifying, for me anyway.
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    How can one determine whether JonBenet being killed by her parents or by an intruder is more disturbing? Like you said, if Patsy and/or John killed her, she was killed by someone she thought loved her. But if an intruder killed her, then she was being murdered while her parents slept and they couldn't help her. Both scenarios are horrible. If JonBenet was killed by her parents, how is her murder more scary/disturbing than Samantha Runnion's, who was killed by a complete stranger? Or vice versa? Both are them are equally sick in my mind.
    Equally sick, but both result in a dead child.
    The Intruder option results in the possibility of more dead children.

    I think the 'hope I'm wrong' in this instance is thinking about OTHER children, not JonBenet, who is already dead irrespective of who killed her.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    586

    Glad To be Wrong

    A Fond Hello To All,

    I hope that my post does not cause a problem because it's not on the correct thread. Franky, I had no idea where to put my request.

    Here is my request:

    I'd like to order some more books regarding this case since it is being looked into once again.

    I'd be very appreciative if member's could recommended books that they feel are the most informative and reliable.

    As I stated above I had read some books regarding this case years ago; however my husband and I have since "downsized" and redecorated our home, I have no idea where these books are.

    I have a very large collection of true crime books because reading true crime books is one of my favorite hobbies. It's a bummer that I got rid of some of the books.

    TIA!

    ~Wysteria~
    ~all of my posts are imo~

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,897
    Welcome to the forum, Wysteria. I'll leave it to others to recommend the books you should read as I always come down on the RDI based books; although I do recommend reading "Death of Innocence" by the Ramseys. It only solidified my opinion on who was responsible for JonBenet's death.
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,309
    Wysteria... I'm new too, the posters here are great and very helpful, this is where I recommend you start.. acandyrose and these threads, the posters here are very knowledgeable about this case and through their trials and tribulations you can and will become informed. Also, I google a lot, if I read something that sparks my interest, I google it and read everything that comes up, and keep notes you'll need them...lol..

    Oh, and welcome aboard....
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,309
    I too would love to be wrong, but as the old saying goes...If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck, its not a confused chicken or if it walks like an R and it talks like an R, its not a confused intruder.
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    5,042
    Quote Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
    although I do recommend reading "Death of Innocence" by the Ramseys. It only solidified my opinion on who was responsible for JonBenet's death.
    Hey joeskidbeck.

    lol.
    What a book review!

    Ah, I wonder about the proof reader, editor of that book, and why some of the material, particularly, PR's 'premonitions' were included.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    How can one determine whether JonBenet being killed by her parents or by an intruder is more disturbing? Like you said, if Patsy and/or John killed her, she was killed by someone she thought loved her. But if an intruder killed her, then she was being murdered while her parents slept and they couldn't help her. Both scenarios are horrible. If JonBenet was killed by her parents, how is her murder more scary/disturbing than Samantha Runnion's, who was killed by a complete stranger? Or vice versa? Both are them are equally sick in my mind.
    All child murders are horrific. But it goes beyond the pale for one to imagine having their life snuffed out by the givers of life, i.e., a parent. From early on kids are taught to fear the unknown stranger, boogeyman, whatever name by which he goes in the child's mind. As scary as it would be for a child to be abducted and murdered by a nameless, faceless stranger of the night, I think it would be doubly hard to have it be a parent. As long as it was a stranger, the child could hold out hope until their last breath that Daddy or Mommy could somehow manage to save them from certain death. But to know in the depths of your heart that no hope will ever come because the monster is the mother or father would, to me, be utterly soul-destroying.
    Last edited by akashana; 11-22-2010 at 09:18 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    17
    I would like to be wrong about the constant thought that I have that the police did not canvas the surrounding area enough the first couple days and miss evidence outside the house.


    I would also like to be wrong about the possiblity that an intruder sat in the Ramsey house learning the layout, then hid when they got home, and waited till they went to bed to go get Jonbenet. It freaks me out that somone could be lurking in your house where you feel most safe, and you have no idea that they are in there.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysteria View Post
    A Fond Hello To All,

    I hope that my post does not cause a problem because it's not on the correct thread. Franky, I had no idea where to put my request.

    Here is my request:

    I'd like to order some more books regarding this case since it is being looked into once again.

    I'd be very appreciative if member's could recommended books that they feel are the most informative and reliable.

    As I stated above I had read some books regarding this case years ago; however my husband and I have since "downsized" and redecorated our home, I have no idea where these books are.

    I have a very large collection of true crime books because reading true crime books is one of my favorite hobbies. It's a bummer that I got rid of some of the books.

    TIA!

    ~Wysteria~

    Hello and Welcome. I'd recommend "Jon Benet - Inside the Murder Investigation" by Steve Thomas. Also "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town" by Lawrence Schiller (also in DVD- it is an very interesting portrayal and can be rented online via Netflicks or bought online at Barnes and Nobel)
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    I would like to be wrong about this case not being prosecuted because the DA was intimidated by the R lawyers. (but I don't think I am).
    I'd like to be wrong about the last person that poor, terrified baby saw before she died being someone she loved.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 10:54 PM