740 users online (110 members and 630 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TSA pat-down leaves Mich. man covered in urine

This makes me sad.

*Snip*

ROMULUS, Mich. — A bladder cancer survivor from Michigan who wears a bag that collects his urine said the head of the Transportation Security Administration called to apologize for an airport pat-down that caused the bag to spill its contents on his clothing.

more at link:
    http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world...es-750644.html

Poor guy. I hope this doesn't prevent him from venturing out in the future.

JMHO
    fran

I saw Mr. Sawyer interviewed on Fox News yesterday and my heart truly goes out to him. He tried to warn the TSA agent about his condition and was totally rebuked at every attempt....therefore his ostomy bag contents spilled out. How utterly humiliating and embarrassing. He should contact an attorney, IMO.

I don't have the link, and I couldn't get the one above to load...but I read an interview where it was said that he was forced to walk through the airport, board the plane and take his seat while covered in urine. Then, and only then, was he allowed to use the plane's restroom to clean himself up.

This, to me, is despicable, and will eventually lead to the end of air travel by the general public...I refuse to fly. Refused to fly long before the TSA got power hungry and really refuse now. And I don't have any special medical equipment, just a desire to keep my body to myself, something that the TSA doesn't seem to allow anymore.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    I don't have the link, and I couldn't get the one above to load...but I read an interview where it was said that he was forced to walk through the airport, board the plane and take his seat while covered in urine. Then, and only then, was he allowed to use the plane's restroom to clean himself up.
    This is the part that bothers me even more than the screenings and the pat downs...the refusal to have even basic human decency. I don't think this is all TSA. The airlines have been treating customers like cattle for years because they CAN...they have a captive audience with no rights. Holding people on planes for hours, not having basic needs covered (working restrooms, water) when trapped on the tarmac, and rude behavior in the name of security. That is not just TSA doing that. This whole thing is an extension of treating air passengers badly. I cannot imagine what it will take, and at what cost to the industry and the country, for it to turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Poor guy. I hope this doesn't prevent him from venturing out in the future.

JMHO
    fran
    Poor guy is right.
    I hope he gets lots of money for this big oooops on their part.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

I really felt for the guy. These bleeping employees act is if everyone is bs'ng made me so angry I have lost all interest for wishing we could fly somewhere. This incident along with recent news has me far more interested in road trips! It may require closer trips but still lots to see and do.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

They only called him to apologize? How about a whole truckload of free travel vouchers?

This story almost has me in tears. How humiliating for him.

Sawyer said that once he got through security, he changed his bag, but didn't have time to change his clothing and had to board the plane soaked in urine.
    "I was embarrassed to death," he told the Free Press.
    Yeah, he had to get on the airplane soaked. This is soooo horrible!

I felt for the man's embarrassment and ALSO for anyone sitting
    near him.
    I am sure people talked and wondered why he was
    smelling.
    The airlines (TSA) should of made SPECIAL arrangements for him
    to shower and get clean clothes and PAY for his drycleaning.
    I do not believe in suing, but this is a case where I think the man is entitled to
    have a compensation! JMOO

and what about bacteria in the seat and seatbelt for others health.
    Last edited by passionflower; 11-23-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: to add last sentence
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

If I was the manager/supervisor, some heads would be rolling.

Poor guy. I don't wish anyone's misfortune and maltreatment, but I hope the airlines continue screwing up and the media keeps flapping their gums about it. It's the only way there is a slight chance that there will be some reform.

Someone needs suspended for this, at the very least.
    Hope the guy gets lots of $$ from suing.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    This is the part that bothers me even more than the screenings and the pat downs...the refusal to have even basic human decency. I don't think this is all TSA. The airlines have been treating customers like cattle for years because they CAN...they have a captive audience with no rights. Holding people on planes for hours, not having basic needs covered (working restrooms, water) when trapped on the tarmac, and rude behavior in the name of security. That is not just TSA doing that. This whole thing is an extension of treating air passengers badly. I cannot imagine what it will take, and at what cost to the industry and the country, for it to turn around.
    One thing that really irked me with the Bush Admin. is federalizing the TSA. There should still be private security companies - they would be much more aware of how their behavior could affect the bottom line and the airlines would be majorly pzzzzzd if they started to affect business. Right now we've given over this duty to the Federal Government which we should know by now people, seriously, they could EFF up a one car funeral procession. The government can rarely do anything better than a private company. There is no complaining to the government - they don't give a rip - they just get Big Sister Janet to say they are listening - yeah listening with no intention of doing anything at all.

I agree the airlines have been treating people like cattle - I always fly SWA because they are at least nice to you as they herd you. The major airlines employ major beotchs.

People out here are paying over $3.00 a gallon for gas - we are stupid sheep - we aren't going to get fed up with ANYTHING and that is what the government is counting on. Today my hope for my country is at an all time low.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    I saw Mr. Sawyer interviewed on Fox News yesterday and my heart truly goes out to him. He tried to warn the TSA agent about his condition and was totally rebuked at every attempt....therefore his ostomy bag contents spilled out. How utterly humiliating and embarrassing. He should contact an attorney, IMO.
    We have had the same reaction from the agents when trying to tell them anything. They don't give a *****. Not only that, but most of them seem to be highly....Uneducated. Sometimes, even if they were to listen, I don't believe that many of them have the intelligence to understand what is being told.

I live in an area that has a relatively small airport, and when flying usually fly in and out of Dallas. The agents at BOTH locations are awful.

Gee, this makes so much sense! Employ uneducated, untrained individuals to ensure our personal and national security! What a world.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast