NC - Delvonte Tisdale-Missing NC teen found mutilated outside Boston

crymesolver

Reaction score
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. A 16 year old teen went missing outside of Charlotte last week and his body was discovered 900 miles away in Milton,MA just outside of Boston. It was said he had massive trauma to his body.

I have provided some links, this is a scary case.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mutilated-body-found-boston-missing-nc-teen/story?id=12214886

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...y_of_boys_body_found_in_milton/?camp=obinsite

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...010/11/23/nc_school_grapples_with_teens_death

Our local newspaper just posted something that says they think he may have stowed away in the wheel wells of an airplane and fell out when they opened the doors upon approach for landing.

Very very horrible situation, but may be a great explanation for how he made it so far so quickly. I feel horrible for the family, and for this kid if he was so desperate to get back "home" that he felt this was his best or only option.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/23/1860627/airport-spokesman-charlotte-teen.html

Well that certaintly would explain the trauma to the body. You would think that is would be fairly easy to tell if someone was placed there or if they fell 300+ feet, probably much more off of an airplane.

Hopefully they are able to come to a conclusion for the families sake, and to put fears to rest that there is another killer on the loose.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/22/1857234/body-found-in-mass-that-of-local.html

Massachusetts authorities identified the mutilated body found last week in Milton, Mass., as 16-year-old Delvonte Tisdale, a North Mecklenburg High School student missing since last Sunday.

Authorities used a fingerprint analysis to identify Delvonte, according to a news release from Norfolk District Attorney William Keating.
He has been identified. Rest in Peace.

And now they think he might have fallen out of a plane??? :(

oh my. How very awful for his family. Prayers for them.

Poor young man, if he did indeed fall from a great height how frightened he must have been. I hope his passing was quick.

The place where he was found is directly under the landing pattern for Logan Airport, so if he fell when the landing gear came down, they probably weren't very high up. And if he was trying to smuggle himself in the wheel well, he was likely still unconscious from lack of oxygen at the higher altitudes.

I want to know how they arrived at the theory that he fell from a plane - seems awfully random as a cause of death. Several comments to the Charlotte Observer said that he would have been immediately compacted by the wheel's landing gear retracting upon takeoff, or would have died of hypothermia before he fell. Very, very weird case.

I want to know how they arrived at the theory that he fell from a plane - seems awfully random as a cause of death. Several comments to the Charlotte Observer said that he would have been immediately compacted by the wheel's landing gear retracting upon takeoff, or would have died of hypothermia before he fell. Very, very weird case.

The only thing I can think of is that his horrific injuries must have come from a fall from a great height. To cause such severe breaks to both arms and both legs, he had to have been moving fast. If there are no tall buildings around to have fallen from, a plane would be the next to investigate.

The only thing I can think of is that his horrific injuries must have come from a fall from a great height. To cause such severe breaks to both arms and both legs, he had to have been moving fast. If there are no tall buildings around to have fallen from, a plane would be the next to investigate.

No, he was found in a quiet residential street -- they are looking at a couple of vehicles also, to see whether it might have been a traffic accident. Initially they thought it might have been hit and run.

Wonder what moment he realized what a terrible idea it was if he stowed away?

Wonder what moment he realized what a terrible idea it was if he stowed away?

He might not ever have known. The local expert who was on the TV news yesterday speculated that he would have passed out from lack of oxygen after only a few minutes -- temps in the wheel well were probably -40F -- so he wasn't conscious when he fell.

Let me go see if they put that interview on line.

eta: couldn't find the video, but here's an article that says the same thing: http://www.thebostonchannel.com/newsarchive/25889947/detail.html. I have to correct myself; the expert didn't say he would have died. I grew up where temps occasionally reach -40F and I concluded that on a flight of more than, say, 20 minutes, he would have died.

<snip>

Law enforcement sources are nearly certain Delvonte Tisdale stowed away on a plane and that is how he got from his home in North Carolina to Massachusetts.

NewsCenter 5 has learned that the 16-year-old had industrial aviation grease on his pants.

more here

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/26039323/detail.html

family sueing airlines and airport?

how about the many passengers on the aircraft that this boy endangered if his body had kept the landing gear from lowering?

on the other hand, all passengers subject to draconian security measures by about 4 layers of security, and anyone can just walk up to the wheel-well? good thing it wasn't a backpack with a timer.

Family of teen stowaway who fell to his death from a passenger aircraft to sue because of 'lax security'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...S-Airways-fell-death-plane.html#ixzz1BbWq5i2E

of course they are

b/c these days, every poor decision we make has to be blamed on someone/something else

so let's find the individual/corporate entity with the most money and hopefully they'll settle to avoid bad publicity

(and we'll tell the media it's not about the money but about making sure this never happens again!)

(and maybe we'll say that the money will go to charity)

(and the public will eat that !#$% up)

(and the media will pay us for even more interviews)

and we can live out the rest of our lives in denial and a bit better off financially

and the hypocrisy of the situation will never occurr to us b/c we are righteous & indignant victims - our lawyer told us so

*arghhh!*

:banghead:

Of course they did! Some one else is to blame.

of course they are

b/c these days, every poor decision we make has to be blamed on someone/something else

so let's find the individual/corporate entity with the most money and hopefully they'll settle to avoid bad publicity

(and we'll tell the media it's not about the money but about making sure this never happens again!)

(and maybe we'll say that the money will go to charity)

(and the public will eat that !#$% up)

(and the media will pay us for even more interviews)

and we can live out the rest of our lives in denial and a bit better off financially

and the hypocrisy of the situation will never occurr to us b/c we are righteous & indignant victims - our lawyer told us so

*arghhh!*

:banghead:

:clap: :bow: :clap: :bow:

Thank you button was not nearly enough. It is sad that we live in such a litigious society where every single poor decision or lack of personal accountability can be foisted off onto someone else, usually some large corporation with perceived deeeeeep pockets.

Wonder if the airline can sue for possible damage to the landing gear, placing their equipment in danger, placing passengers in harms way, etc. Wonder if they will countersue the parents for lack of supervision of their child?

I hope folks do not misunderstand. I sympathize with this family's loss, I truly do, but to sue the airline? Sigh. The legal field is my bread and butter. It feeds my family, but I am more and more disgusted over the last couple of decades by the blame game that seems to happen in this country. Sometimes a tragedy is just that - a tragedy. Why do we Americans always seem to think that a tragedy should be followed by a payday?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back