Ugly Betty Actor murders his mother

believe09

Reaction score
"PROSPECT HEIGHTS (WPIX) —
Police say an "Ugly Betty" actor held his mother hostage and then murdered her with a samurai sword while screaming Bible passages Tuesday in Brooklyn."

Micheal L. Brea was screaming Biblical phrases when he tood a samurai sword and killed his mother around 1:30AM. First responders had to taser him, and he was taken to King's County Hospital to be assessed.

This is a heartrending story, especially given how inspired he was by his mother...he owns a subway and one Thanksgiving gave away free turkey subs to honor how giving she was... :(

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-samurai-sword-son-mother,0,490069.story

Wow...the details are extremely gruesome. I can only conclude (not knowing his psychological background) that he was under the influence of an illicit drug.

Wow...the details are extremely gruesome. I can only conclude (not knowing his psychological background) that he was under the influence of an illicit drug.

I can see that as well-the only other thing that occurred to me was schizophrenia... :(

I can see that as well-the only other thing that occurred to me was schizophrenia... :(
Right. And/or very deep-seated issues with his mother or other woman/women in his childhood.

A very sad story and he had to be under the influence of drugs or has some mental disorder, maybe schizophrenia. A painful story even to read. May she rest in peace.

Goz

My heart goes out to his twin brother, who lost his mom and his brother (in a manner of speaking) in one fell swoop, just days before Thanksgiving. That's heartbreaking.

How horrible... :(

My thoughts, when I read the article, were along the same lines as Goz's post.

How horrible... :(

My thoughts, when I read the article, were along the same lines as Goz's post.

An actor who has appeared in the TV series "Ugly Betty" killed his mother with a samurai sword while screaming Bible passages, New York media outlets reported Tuesday.

Michael Brea, 31, went on a religious rant, ordering his mother to "repent" before stabbing her to death, the Daily News reported.

Sources told WPIX 11 News that Brea used a samurai sword to attack his mother, whose body was found hacked and decapitated.

The victim, identified as 55-year-old Yannick Brea, was dead when officers arrived, WPIX reported.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/23/national/main7082710.shtml
-----------------------------

Neighbors of a Brooklyn woman savagely slashed to death by her deranged, sword-wielding son claim cops refused to enter her apartment early Tuesday despite their pleas.

When cops finally got inside the Prospect Heights home, they found Yannick Brea kneeling with fatal lacerations to her head in a blood-spattered bathroom.

The son, holding the three-foot sword and babbling about religion and repentance, was arrested in a nearby bedroom, police said.

"I could hear her groaning inside ... She was still alive, but they wouldn't go in," said Clinton Clare, 52, who lived in the apartment below the Brea family.

Clare estimated police waited an hour before bursting into the apartment, where neighbors heard Michael Brea, 31, delivering a terrifying rant at his doomed mother.

"I heard a 'Help me!' shriek," said Vernal Bent, 18, who lived in the apartment above. "Police kept knocking on the door. Knocking and knocking ... All of us kept saying, 'Open the door.'"

Neighbors said the first screams came from the apartment shortly after 1 a.m., with one man saying he made a 911 call and told where he told a police dispatcher there was blood smeared on an apartment window.

The man said police initially came to the scene and then left - prompting a second 911 call.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...word_by_her_son_police_say.html#ixzz1695jl34U

--------------------------------------------

another snip from the above link:

He apparently removed the murder weapon from a Masonic lodge after a meeting Monday night and then used it later on his mother, said the suspect's uncle.

Brea was a low-level Mason who was not cleared to take one of the ceremonial swords - typically stainless steel blades with a short, black grip.

"Something happened that made him do it," said Martial Brea. "The devil entered him."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...word_by_her_son_police_say.html#ixzz1695ykJSy

-------------------------------------------------

Yannick Brea, 55, howled for help that didn't arrive in time to save her. Neighbors said she was a 9/11 survivor who had worked at the Marriott hotel in the World Trade Center.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...word_by_her_son_police_say.html#ixzz1696D6Yi1

--------------------------------------------------

A Brooklyn man is in custody and undergoing a psychiatric evaluation after police say he stabbed his mother to death with a samurai sword.
Michael Brea, 31, an aspiring actor, is currently in Kings County hospital.

When police entered the apartment on Park Place in Prospect Heights early this morning, they found Yannick Brea, 55, dead with multiple stab wounds.

Neighbors say they heard screaming inside the apartment and could later hear reciting what they believe were Bible passages.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Michael Brea was sitting in a chair, holding a Bible and the sword.

http://brooklyn.ny1.com/content/top...ing-suspect-undergoes-psychiatric-evaluation/

I am going to merge this thread with the one we have in Celebrity News

When I read this I immediately thought of it as some kind of ritualistic murder. He suddenly turns into a murderer after a meeting at the lodge? I wonder what kind of meeting that was.

Another concern was how long it took the officers to enter the apartment. They were there but didn't enter for some 45 min. Perhaps there was a chance to save her? How did it take that long to bring in a tactical squad, if that's what they were waiting for? When you're dealing with a possible hostage situation, isn't time of the essence?

When I read this I immediately thought of it as some kind of ritualistic murder. He suddenly turns into a murderer after a meeting at the lodge? I wonder what kind of meeting that was.

Another concern was how long it took the officers to enter the apartment. They were there but didn't enter for some 45 min. Perhaps there was a chance to save her? How did it take that long to bring in a tactical squad, if that's what they were waiting for? When you're dealing with a possible hostage situation, isn't time of the essence?

I'm wondering too. Neighbors said they could hear him ranting at his mother, and she was screaming for help. They continued to knock. The neighbors wanted the police to just go in. I don't see why they didn't?

Maybe they could have saved her?

This is one of the rare cases that I think might turn out to be truly a result of a psychotic illness.

This is one of the rare cases that I think might turn out to be truly a result of a psychotic illness.

I think you're right. I really sounds like he was having some sort of episode.

As I read more of this story, I wonder why the police came twice and why they didn't enter the apartment? Maybe, just maybe, the poor woman could have been saved. I hope this is being investigated further.

Goz

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back