MN MN - Minneapolis, WhtMale 30-45, UP763, in train car from IL/WI, clothes, Sz 10 Fila shoes, Dec'03

masnitram

Antithesis
Reaction score
https://identifyus.org/cases/763
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/909ummn.html

*Note the footwear. Patient escape? He was wearing womens sweatpants so I'm thinking transient....

The victim was discovered on December 16, 2003 in Hennepin County, Minnesota

The victim was located on a rail car in a rail yard, at Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Inter-modal Facility in Hennepin County, MN. The train came out of Illinois, and had stopped in Portage, WI.
Inappropriately dressed for the winter weather conditions.

*Estimated age: 30-60 years old

* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8"; 131 lbs.

* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown, straight hair, balding. Blue eyes. Beard and mustache. Small pox vaccination scar on upper right arm. Uncircumcised.

* Clothing: Red fleece "Polo Jeans Co." hooded sweatshirt, size XL. Green "Hanes Her Way" sweatpants, size L. Blue hospital "Medichoice" footwear. White "Fila" sneakers with blue trim, size 10. Tan baseball cap, "Hyt" brand, with "Telecenter CPS" logo on front.

* Dentals: Available. Tooth 21 has a crown fracture. Poor teeth, with several missing teeth.

* Fingerprints: Available

* DNA: Available

*Note the footwear. Patient escape? He was wearing womens sweatpants so I'm thinking transient....

The victim was located on a rail car in a rail yard, at Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Inter-modal Facility in Hennepin County, MN. The train came out of Illinois, and had stopped in Portage, WI.

* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown, straight hair, balding. Blue eyes. Beard and mustache. Small pox vaccination scar on upper right arm. Uncircumcised.

* Clothing: Red fleece "Polo Jeans Co." hooded sweatshirt, size XL. Green "Hanes Her Way" sweatpants, size L. Blue hospital "Medichoice" footwear. White "Fila" sneakers with blue trim, size 10. Tan baseball cap, "Hyt" brand, with "Telecenter CPS" logo on front.

* Dentals: Available. Tooth 21 has a crown fracture. Poor teeth, with several missing teeth.

I would think the first guy would be more likely, but it could be either of them. The hospital footwear does make it sound like a patient or maybe nursing home resident (or VA patient?) that wandered off. Thanks for trying to match this man up.

I would think the first guy would be more likely, but it could be either of them. The hospital footwear does make it sound like a patient or maybe nursing home resident (or VA patient?) that wandered off. Thanks for trying to match this man up.

I deleted the second guy...found out he was already ruled out for this UID.

I realized I also deleted the link for Christopher Schultz. Being that the UID was not dressed for a Midwest winter; California may not be totally outrageous. I think however his jawline is wrong and I can't make heads or tails of the nose in comparison to the drawing....I look one time and say maybe...another time I think it isn't remotely close...I just don't know.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/schultz_christopher.html

*Note the footwear

* Distinguishing Characteristics: Uncircumcised.

* Clothing: Blue hospital "Medichoice" footwear.

If he was wearing slip resistant socks, then did the victim have any broken bones or any healed fractures?

The fact that the victim was uncircumcised could be that he is from outside the United States.

And where did the train travel from prior before it went thru Illinois?

If the victim was wearing light clothing, then he could have boarded the train somewhere in the Southeastern or Southwestern United States

I don't think the Medichoice socks necessarily indicate he'd suffered a fracture. They're commonly distributed to hospital inpatients along with gowns; you typically give the gown back at the end of your stay but not the socks, as they're single-patient use. They're not single-use items, though, and they're machine-washable.

I frequently see them at church flea markets and the like. If John Doe had been admitted to a hospital recently he might have kept them to wear afterward or he may have gotten them from a charity that distributed clothing or a stay at a homeless shelter. You'd probably recognize them from this photo:

http://www.medicalsupplygroup.com/Patient_Care/Patient_Care_Misc/0153066600/product.aspx

I don't think the Medichoice socks necessarily indicate he'd suffered a fracture. They're commonly distributed to hospital inpatients along with gowns; you typically give the gown back at the end of your stay but not the socks, as they're single-patient use. They're not single-use items, though, and they're machine-washable.

I frequently see them at church flea markets and the like. If John Doe had been admitted to a hospital recently he might have kept them to wear afterward or he may have gotten them from a charity that distributed clothing or a stay at a homeless shelter. You'd probably recognize them from this photo:

http://www.medicalsupplygroup.com/Patient_Care/Patient_Care_Misc/0153066600/product.aspx

Make perfect sense, thanks! I thought he may have been wearing 1 orthopedic shoe and 1 normal shoe or something a little more odd.

Thoughts -- when they say "Medichoice blue flootwear," I believe they are referring to the blue shoe covers that you would have if you are either working in a surgical environment or are visiting someone in the hospital who is under some sort of contact precautions. Example:
http://www.amazon.com/MediChoice-Cover-SPUNBOND-MELTBLOWN-Universal/dp/B00MQ8W9QM

That would explain why he was also wearing shoes.

I do not believe he was a patient. I believe he was either an employee or had been visiting someone admitted to a hospital.

Also, it says the train left out of IL -- the company listed on his cap, Telecenter CPS, is based out of Mount Prospect, IL. They provide tech services to what looks like schools (and maybe hospitals...)

The ladies' sweatpants make me think that he most likely was visiting a (very sick) patient. He probably was just wearing whatever was available, especially if he was staying overnight with the person. Hospital staff might have grabbed it out of the lost and found so he didn't have to wear the same pants two days in a row but also didn't need to leave his loved one's bedside.

Either that, or he works in a hospital and just wanted to wear some comfy sweatpants.

I feel like this man should be identifiable! I wonder if he wasn't reported missing because the person who would have done so was ill/passed away. Off searching...

Just wondering. If Medichoice blue flootwear, was ALL he was wearing or if another shoe? I googled that, and only got shoe covering in my search?

He was also wearing white FILA sneakers size 10. It actually lists the "Medichoice blue footwear" under the clothing section on NAMUS, while the sneakers are under the actual footwear section, w hich is why I thought they must be shoe covers and not actual shoes.

Ok, I retired from Home Health (medical), and this Term ^^^^ Struck me as googling for some one who works in the medical field. JMO though.

He was also wearing white FILA sneakers size 10. It actually lists the "Medichoice blue footwear" under the clothing section on NAMUS, while the sneakers are under the actual footwear section, w hich is why I thought they must be shoe covers and not actual shoes.
Thank you! I just regoogled it! :)

Over 418 exclusions, wow....

Was Christopher submitted? He was never ruled out...

Could he have been wearing the MediChoice covers as socks? He could have found them while dumpster diving or a box of them at a thrift store, etc. given the condition of his teeth and his other clothing, I think he was a transient.

The fact that the victim was uncircumcised could be that he is from outside the United States.

That point struck me as well. From the information available he was probably born somewhere between 1958 and 1973, and from what I've read circumcision in the US was running at 90% by the late 1950s. So given that it was getting on for almost universal by the time he would have been born were there any groups or communities in particular in the US who rejected the practice?

Or of course as nerosleuth says, he could have been born elsewhere.

That point struck me as well. From the information available he was probably born somewhere between 1958 and 1973, and from what I've read circumcision in the US was running at 90% by the late 1950s. So given that it was getting on for almost universal by the time he would have been born were there any groups or communities in particular in the US who rejected the practice?

Or of course as nerosleuth says, he could have been born elsewhere.

Hmm he could have also been a rural birth or be Canadian. I have also read that Christian fundamentalists do not circumcise (and anyone who would outright rejects the practices commonly associated with Jews and Muslims)

Or his parents could have not agreed with circumcising their children... or they never thought about it. Possibilities are endless.

Over 418 exclusions, wow....

Was Christopher submitted? He was never ruled out...
Yes, but I dont believe he is still missing...I cant find any current page for Christopher Schultz.

Regarding circumcision, my nephews are both under 13, city kids, and unaffiliated religiously and my sister did not allow the procedure. Apparently my dad and his brothers and a few of my cousins are also uncut...so yeah, literally a myriad of reasons why or why not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'm Canadian, and I'm not sure I've heard of Canada being a place that doesn't circumcise? Nowadays, it's less common because it's deemed cosmetic. But in my family, circumcision was the norm up until my brother.
Hmm he could have also been a rural birth or be Canadian. I have also read that Christian fundamentalists do not circumcise (and anyone who would outright rejects the practices commonly associated with Jews and Muslims)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

There were over 400 ruleouts for this case two years ago which makes you think familial DNA may be the only way to solve this one, since they seem to have checked as many MPs as possible.
www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/763?nav
Thumbnail

Studying the railway maps from where the train was known to have stopped and the location at the time this man was found on the train it seems to me that he might have been trying to take this train ride all the way to Canada. I have a few friends that "train hop" meaning that they have no fixed address and choose to utilize the freight train systems to ride to various locations within the United States just where ever they want to go and for ever how long they want to stay waiting for the next train. They always travel in the buddy system though at least two will stay together at all times not sure why this man chose to go solo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back