1306 users online (289 members and 1017 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NC - Photos of cats holding knives, cigarettes prompts animal control investigation

http://www.shelbystar.com/news/holdi...igarettes.html

In an e-mail to city leaders, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Rodney Monroe said his department had been investigating the "inappropriate" pictures since August.

One picture showed a cat, apparently sedated, with a cigarette in its mouth and a knife in its paws.

Another showed a cat with a pen in its mouth.

One showed a ferret that's missing fur, with a caption that read "someone thought it would be funny to Nair" the animal.

A whistleblower alerted a website that employees at the animal shelter had posted the pictures on Facebook.

Monroe said a review board was formed last week to determine what will happen to the employees.
    This is so sad that people hired and paid to care for these animals are doing this.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

I love my babies (see Avatar) and if I knew of anyone doing this to them, I'd be furious. My littlest one was just neutered a few weeks ago, and while you think they're being put in the best hands, often times they're not. This is such a sad story.

To think a responsible owner paid for this humiliation is sickening. To me it's a really big deal!

Mel

I hate cats, but they dont deserve to be abused like this - horrible, horrible people

This breaks my heart! I love my cat more than I love most human beings (and I love human beings). At least once a year I have to place her in the Cat Inn (I would never leave my baby alone in the house) and I love all the employee's there. They spoil my cat even more than I spoil her. This just reminded me that I have to take my cats annual X-Mas picture/card and send them a one.