933 users online (105 members and 828 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,889

    Burial planned for man who failed to rise from the dead

    South African authorities will bury a 77-year-old man who has been dead for seven weeks, despite his family saying a "prophet" had promised them he would be resurrected, according to police.

    Paul Meintjes's body was returned to his family late last week after the local mortuary refused to store it any longer.

    The body was kept in his widow's bedroom at their Free State home for three days before officials said it was a health risk and ordered it taken to the state morgue.

    "The body is OK - it is still recognisable," police spokesman Sam Makhele told Reuters by telephone from Bloemfontein.

    "But after a few days out of the fridge the smell was not OK."

    Police had obtained permission from a magistrate to bury the corpse, he said. This would happen in the next 24 hours.

    The family did not oppose the move in court, Mr Makhele said, adding that the family would not be allowed to attend the funeral because the cost would be met by local authorities.

    Mr Meintjes died on July 1.

    He has been in South African newspaper headlines ever since, with his family at loggerheads with other members of their small farming community over his anticipated resurrection - several dates for which have come and gone.

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...8/s1184581.htm

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    He has been in South African newspaper headlines ever since, with his family at loggerheads with other members of their small farming community over his anticipated resurrection - several dates for which have come and gone.

    http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...8/s1184581.htm
    Some people NEVER give up hope.
    This is my opinion, and change is good.