Someone please tell me - Who would have profited by Zahras being kidnapped

peg4x4

Reaction score
Is there one thing in this whole mess that makes any sense at all?
I cannot wrap my head around any of this..
What did they think was going to happen?
Media looking for kidnappers?
Donations?
WHAT!?

They killed a child, they tried to cover it up. It really is that simple. It won't make sense to 99.9% of the population. That's a good thing.

I've already given my theory of what happened on Oct. 9. It seems logical, I can't see any holes in that theory, and until something comes up to prove my theory wrong, I'm sticking with it.

It's all just useless speculation anyway. ;)

Yes,useless wheel spining..
But I can't help myself..

Yes,useless wheel spining..
But I can't help myself..

Me either, Peg.

I do think it will all come out eventually, though. It's not a very complicated case, imo (although it is a bizarre one). Lots of mistakes made along the way.

Can we have a clear topic/focus for this thread? Otherwise, it will become general discussion, and will end up closed when/if that happens. Please clarify the OP, if possible.

Thanks.

ETA: Is the topic, "What did AB/EB think would happen?", i.e. motive?

Me either, Peg.

I do think it will all come out eventually, though. It's not a very complicated case, imo (although it is a bizarre one). Lots of mistakes made along the way.

I agree, FWIW. I think it is sadly simple. I don't understand it on a human level, mind you - but, as teh said, that's a very good thing.

Let me see ~~
*Who would have profited by Zahras being kidnapped.*
Is that more targeted?
My brain is a bit scattered,I claim due to chemo..

I think the intent, after killing Zahra, was simply to get the focus off of them. In order to do that one would have to claim or point toward an abductor. To think that an abductor risked coming into a home, while the parents were asleep, to take a child, not only Zahra's age but a child who had to hop out of the house (not wearing the prosthetic...) or be carried, so not to wake the parents, + take the prosthetic with them - For what purpose? Sexual? Not believable. Simply wouldn't fly as a sexual predator could have chosen 100 other easier targets. I think AB and EB realized this - after - and had to come up with a different/more plausable motive - Kidnapping for ransom/mistaken identity. Still, not much of an improvement but it had a little more chance of being believable than the former idea. JMO ~ at the moment.

Fortunately, as teh has said, this crime doesn't make sense to the majority of us. It reminds me of the Caylee Anthony case alot. Sad.

I believe that it became bigger than EB and AB ever envisioned it would. They never realized that people would care, or that LE would work with such determination in finding Zahra!

I think it was a horrific, sickening, deadly crime that was poorly thought out by 2 sick individuals, and in the end EB and AB are going to get what's coming to them.
It just can't come soon enough!

I think the intent, after killing Zahra, was simply to get the focus off of them. In order to do that one would have to claim or point toward an abductor. To think that an abductor risked coming into a home, while the parents were asleep, to take a child, not only Zahra's age but a child who had to hop out of the house (not wearing the prosthetic...) or be carried, so not to wake the parents, + take the prosthetic with them - For what purpose? Sexual? Not believable. Simply wouldn't fly as a sexual predator could have chosen 100 other easier targets. I think AB and EB realized this - after - and had to come up with a different/more plausable motive - Kidnapping for ransom/mistaken identity. Still, not much of an improvement but it had a little more chance of being believable than the former idea. JMO ~ at the moment.
If we assume that either one or both of the B's did intend to implement the phony kidnapping story (and it was not by fluke that the ransom note was discovered) I share your opinion, NMS, that the purpose was to place the focus elsewhere.

Further, their options were limited. As you pointed out, an intruder alibi wouldn't fly, nor could they claim Zahra was abducted on her way to or from school, since she didn't attend school. And who would believe she ran away on her own, considering her age, physical limitations, and lack of relatives and friends? Any of those excuses would have placed the B's under intense scrutiny, especially in light of the past accounts of abuse.

In answer to peg4x4's question: "What did they think would happen?", I'd say they thought, or hoped, that the investigation would be directed at the boss and his family, as the wording of the ransom note was meant to raise questions about them. "Controlling" businessman? Son involved with drugs? Gossip and speculation would ensue, while the B's garnered sympathy and quite possibly, financial gain.

I question whether the ransom note being found in the burning car was intentional or, as I said, it was a fluke and the forced the plan into action prematurely. Regardless, the note admittedly written by EB tells us that at some point at least one of them was of the mindset described above.

In the Casey Anthony case I do see intent.
My personal opinion of course.
But in this case I really think the death was due to abuse and failure to seek medical care. There was no plan, there was no motive to kill her, and that is the senseless mess you see you before you. This was a sad attempt a cover up. A much over thought cover up. Not well thought, no clever, ingenious, or brilliant in its complexity. Just overthought.

I understood the OP's question to be in reference to a motive for the kidnapping alibi after the fact of Zahra's death, which I agree was the unintentional result of abuse and neglect.

The death was accidental...as in no one got up one day and decided "let's kill and dismember Z and stage a kidnapping so we can profit" IMO.

The kidnapping/ransom note/fire charade was a badly executed plan to explain her disappearance to someone. Still not sure who that someone is.

ETA No one was going to profit from a kidnapping because there was no kidnapper. But EB may have thought that the community would rally around her and that she might have profitted somewhat from that. It would have been the same if she had just announced that Zahra went missing from her bed though so I have no idea why the kipnapping angle was used.

MOO

I don't think anyone would have profitted from Zahra's death. My gut feeling is that it her death wasn't intended. But if she was purposely murdered, I can see no reason for that to have occurred other than to keep some terrible secret hidden, either because someone was afraid she was going to talk, or because they feared Zahra's body itself would give the secret away.

MOO

I think the thread poses to me this question:

"was there an underlying motive of money or financial gain behind the choice/idea of a "kidnapping" as the expanation for Zahra's disappearance?"

In answer, yes, that may have been a part of the (failed) reasoning for the ransom note if Mountain_Kat's theory of it being an idea that was tossed around and not a spur of the moment thing is correct. Having formed some opinion of EB's (at least, don't know about AB's) idea of making her way in the world. And how she seems to enjoy free money that is not garnered through work. Also having formed an opinoin on EB's need for attention and sympathy, the answer for me is:

Yes, I can see the motivation for the possible excuse for Zahra's disappearance being a "kidnapping" as financially motivated.

ETA two birds --> one stone

one possibly lucrative stone

I think the ransom note was just pulled out of their rear ends in a panic. However, I can see EB envisioning how the community would surround her and support her and there would be numerous fundraisers for them, etc. etc. for the poor family whose child went missing.

I think the ransom note was just pulled out of their rear ends in a panic. However, I can see EB envisioning how the community would surround her and support her and there would be numerous fundraisers for them, etc. etc. for the poor family whose child went missing.

My thoughts also. I believe she probably thought there would be some financial gain. MOO

Someone suggested in another thread that perhaps they thought the boss would feel so bad about the "mistaken identity" that he might cough up some money...not sure but thought I'd toss it out there...

By "profit" I don't mean only $$.. Attention is also profit.
To me,it all comes back to EB .. I can't seem to put my thoughts into words..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back