GUILTY VT - Jeffrey Charbonneau, 24, dies of gunshot wound, Manchester, 25 Nov 2010

Dam old enough to know better.

Manchester police told WCAX-TV that the two friends were staying at another friend's home Thursday. Police say 23-year-old Nicholas Bell of Manchester was hoping to play a prank on his friend and wake him up with an air gun.

This is too tragic for words.

Mel

I don't quite know what an air gun is but I'm thinking it could do some damage too if pointed closely at a chest. Who told him it was an air gun anyway? Not that it matters now.

I don't quite know what an air gun is but I'm thinking it could do some damage too if pointed closely at a chest. Who told him it was an air gun anyway? Not that it matters now.

This story is really fishy. Even though the airsoft rifles look really similar to actual guns, but are loaded with plastic BBs. A lot of airsoft rifles have the orange tip so you can tell it's not a real gun, but not all do.

I guess he assumed it was loaded, because if he checked he would have seen the bullets. .22 ammo looks nothing like the plastic BBs.

Getting hit with an airsoft rifle can cause bruising, severe bruising, or even break the skin. I was shot with a paintball gun, and got a bruise that covered half my thigh! :eek: It hurt for about a week.

Anyway, it would have been a really mean prank. He would have known he was going to injure his "friend." To shoot someone with anything without even checking to see if it was loaded, and with what is extremely stupid.

Being charged with manslaughter is appropriate. IMO

This seems like it would have hurt even if it was an air gun. Sounds like it was not a prank, or a practical joke. It appears to be done with malice. I'm glad they are looking into this story and charged him. He was not a child but a grown man of 23. He is a complete idiot as he should know this would have caused harm and known it was a gun too.

A young man lost his life over this stupid prank. (If it was one)
How very sad.

R.I.P.
Goz

I never post but this does sound fishy to me as well. We have a lot of guns in our family both real and BB. Some of the BB guns are pump or they they need a Co2 cartridge(sp). Also none have have orange tips, I am left trying to figure out how he didn't know this was BB gun because you can hear them rattle in all our guns. We have ones that look like Glock 9mm and Rifles.

Either he thought he was going to get away with murder with this lame excuse or he is a complete moron.

Still, I hate those Airsoft guns. They make me nervous. I don't get the point of making them so exactly like a real gun that even LE are sometimes fooled.

Either he thought he was going to get away with murder with this lame excuse or he is a complete moron.

Still, I hate those Airsoft guns. They make me nervous. I don't get the point of making them so exactly like a real gun that even LE are sometimes fooled.

Nope there is no need to, IMO. If it looks like a gun, I treat it like a gun. I'm sure the police do, too.

DH and our buddies used to be really into airsoft guns. Those buggers hurt!! I don't think any of them (even the less than bright ones) would have shot a sleeping person in the chest. Leg, arm, rear end? Yes. I also do not think they would have just grabbed a gun and used it. It would have been one of their own airsoft guns that they were familiar with. The only "excuse" I can come up with for this guy is they were using the guns the night prior, he didn't know there were any real guns in the home, and then grabbed the gun in the morning thinking it was one they used the previous night. Make sense? But then, why would someone have a gun just laying out......

Mr. zig's son has 2 paintball guns and an expensive airsoft gun. I once took him to the indoor range to fire my S/W snub nose 38. He'd never shot a real gun before. He got nervous the minute it went into his hands - he could tell the difference immediately. He fired it a few times, it hurt his hand and basically scared him chitless so he opted for no more. I don't know how anyone could make that mistake.

Mr. zig's son has 2 paintball guns and an expensive airsoft gun. I once took him to the indoor range to fire my S/W snub nose 38. He'd never shot a real gun before. He got nervous the minute it went into his hands - he could tell the difference immediately. He fired it a few times, it hurt his hand and basically scared him chitless so he opted for no more. I don't know how anyone could make that mistake.

My experience as well. I had used paintball guns, and pellet guns before. My first time a the range with a real hand gun kind of freaked me out. Big difference!

My 15 year old has fired almost all of our guns under supervision. She knows where they are, and how they work. She prefers however, to shoot a .22 pistol at the range. It's not as loud, and doesn't have the kick of the higher caliber guns.

But she sure knows the difference between them. It's really obvious even to the uninitiated, when you pick up a real gun, even before you fire it!

Oh Good Grief!

My 8 year old knows the difference.
And who in their right mind would shoot someone even for fun.

We have 'tried' to teach our children you don't point a gun even a toy gun at someone, I have a feeling this guy knew what he was doing.

DH and our buddies used to be really into airsoft guns. Those buggers hurt!! I don't think any of them (even the less than bright ones) would have shot a sleeping person in the chest. Leg, arm, rear end? Yes. I also do not think they would have just grabbed a gun and used it. It would have been one of their own airsoft guns that they were familiar with. The only "excuse" I can come up with for this guy is they were using the guns the night prior, he didn't know there were any real guns in the home, and then grabbed the gun in the morning thinking it was one they used the previous night. Make sense? But then, why would someone have a gun just laying out......

Don't mean to quote myself, but I asked DH about this last night. He said none of them, even in their young, dumb, "hazy" years would have done this. They wouldn't have shot a buddy in the chest, and if someone was sleeping they would be off limits for shooting. DH thinks something else is going on.

The article doesn't say, but I have to wonder if the shooter had been drinking.

I don't own guns, don't like guns, and never had even a BB gun as a kid. But even I know better than to shoot someone in the chest--even with an air rifle.

Sad, today a friend sent me an email with a video, this video was a "Prank gone Bad" also. Guy hiding with a mask, girl comes home, on cell, sets groceries down, turns around, sees mask, runs out the door and into the street. She got hit by a car and dead...the video was disturbing because it showed it ALL! I'm mad at my friend for sending me that, not even giving me a warning of what I was about to see.

Just a warning to everyone if they get that email titled "Prank gone Bad (wrong)" Don't watch it!

Sad, today a friend sent me an email with a video, this video was a "Prank gone Bad" also. Guy hiding with a mask, girl comes home, on cell, sets groceries down, turns around, sees mask, runs out the door and into the street. She got hit by a car and dead...the video was disturbing because it showed it ALL! I'm mad at my friend for sending me that, not even giving me a warning of what I was about to see.

Just a warning to everyone if they get that email titled "Prank gone Bad (wrong)" Don't watch it!

I have heard about this video. I hope you will feel better knowing that those were actors, and no one was really hurt.

I am so sick of seeing videos of people playing stupid, if not outright mean "pranks" on each other. Light-hearted jokes between friends that enjoy it, is one thing...

The article doesn't say, but I have to wonder if the shooter had been drinking.

I don't own guns, don't like guns, and never had even a BB gun as a kid. But even I know better than to shoot someone in the chest--even with an air rifle.

Funny this wasn't mention before. I really expected that too. Usually, these types of stories include the line: "Alcohol is believe to have been a factor in the incident." Yet, there's no mention one way or the other. hmmm...

I have heard about this video. I hope you will feel better knowing that those were actors, and no one was really hurt.

I am so sick of seeing videos of people playing stupid, if not outright mean "pranks" on each other. Light-hearted jokes between friends that enjoy it, is one thing...

Um not sure it was a fake one, because the car really hit her, it had to be some amazing editing job.

Um not sure it was a fake one, because the car really hit her, it had to be some amazing editing job.

It's a student film, and I guess they did a pretty good job of it. The actress is Cindy Vela. Here is her facebook page where she posted the video:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cindy-Vela/49938117634

Originally shot as a 4 minute short film, the 'court case' reference in the beginning of Exhibit B-5 is supposed to be the "backstory" of the short film. *Please note that other people who stole/downloaded the video from youtube uploaded only the last 1 minute of the short film and posted the 'not fake' or 'Prank gone ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3bell4010066bppts
Back