Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 128

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    395

    Zahra's memorial and where to be buried.

    In this link it says Z is having a memorial in Hickory. It says it hasn't been decided where Z will be buried. Wouldn't ED, AB and KB have say in that? hasn't it been said they want her back in Oz? I'm a little confused as to why they say it hasn't been decided.

    http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Memor...110874714.html
    Last edited by daisy7; 11-29-2010 at 02:44 PM.


  2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Clue Hopper For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hinky Hollow
    Posts
    14,670
    I'm just guessing, but probably AB and Emily are fighting over who gets custody of her remains.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.


  4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    land of most amazing sunsets
    Posts
    12,498
    this ''feels'' like another shoe is going to drop soon -- I'll bet that repatriation to Australia is in the making and that Z's mom is coming to attend. That's a six day lead time and I imagine there are lots of details that are being negotiated right now. Given that the mom has had visitation rights etc that were not respected, I would hope she's got an Australian Court Order in her hand as we speak today and that the Consulate here is assisting.
    Just My Opinion



  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    this ''feels'' like another shoe is going to drop soon -- I'll bet that repatriation to Australia is in the making and that Z's mom is coming to attend. That's a six day lead time and I imagine there are lots of details that are being negotiated right now. Given that the mom has had visitation rights etc that were not respected, I would hope she's got an Australian Court Order in her hand as we speak today and that the Consulate here is assisting.
    BBM

    Sadly, from reading over at HM, Emily found out about the memorial service from reading about it there. She has posted a few times today, and my heart breaks for her.


    http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/11...rt-2/#comments



  7. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Clue Hopper View Post
    In this link it says Z is having a memorial in Hickory. It says it hasn't been decided where Z will be buried. Wouldn't ED, AB and KB have say in that? hasn't it been said they want her back in Oz? I'm a little confused as to why they say it hasn't been decided.

    http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Memor...110874714.html
    I am curious as to who arranged it, I imagine it is to give closure to Zahra for Hickory (although I thought that's what the vigil was for). I would certainly hope that ED will be getting Zahra's remains to have a memorial in Australia, and decide for herself whether to cremate or bury her. I hate to think that EB & AB would have any say at all considering they are responsible IMO. I don't think KB would have a say as she is not next of kin unless AB was somehow allowed to arrange things and he took her advice.

    They may still be working out legalities and final arrangements.


  8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hamsterdance For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterdance View Post
    I am curious as to who arranged it, I imagine it is to give closure to Zahra for Hickory (although I thought that's what the vigil was for). I would certainly hope that ED will be getting Zahra's remains to have a memorial in Australia, and decide for herself whether to cremate or bury her. I hate to think that EB & AB would have any say at all considering they are responsible IMO. I don't think KB would have a say as she is not next of kin unless AB was somehow allowed to arrange things and he took her advice.

    They may still be working out legalities and final arrangements.
    I think AB and his mom likely arranged it, since they didn't attend the vigil, but that's just my speculation. I think the public vigil was for the town, and this for the family/friends, from what I gather.


  10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hinky Hollow
    Posts
    14,670
    I seriously doubt the remains have been released. I think they are just announcing the memorial. I feel quite sure there will be a battle over them, and that is why it has not been decided. But as far as them being released, naw. Too soon.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.


  12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16,800
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    I seriously doubt the remains have been released. I think they are just announcing the memorial. I feel quite sure there will be a battle over them, and that is why it has not been decided. But as far as them being released, naw. Too soon.
    I'm not sure there will be a battle over them. Didn't AB say in his interview he wanted her buried in Australia?

    I think it is too soon for them to be released, but they wanted to have a service now that her death is confirmed, and the funeral/burial will take place in Australia. They might have a battle over where in Australia, I guess, but I doubt AB will contest her being repatriated. MOO.


  14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16,800
    Some other threads of interest:

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119659"]releasing Zahra remains - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]


    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119169"]Who will get Zahra's remains if AB goes to jail? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]


  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hinky Hollow
    Posts
    14,670
    Interesting post in the thread that you bumped Ducky, seems like the big wigs in OZ are already helping ED get her remains.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nosee_Parker View Post
    I'm not sure whether this has already been posted .... forgive me if it has.

    Australian national news just reported that our Prime Minster, Julia Gillard, is personally overseeing that consulate officials assist Emily to bring Zahra's remains home. (source: Channel 7 News Australia). It was also reported that our PM was advised of the latest development some days ago.

    ETA: There was no mention of support for AB. Interesting. There was reference to Zahra's 'mother' (Emily) a couple of times.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.



  18. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    395
    This explains more. It was done by AB.

    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...hra-baker.html


  19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Clue Hopper For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Clue Hopper View Post
    This explains more. It was done by AB.

    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...hra-baker.html
    Awkward....I can imagine some mixed emotions outside this service from some of the public if AB is there.


  21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hamsterdance For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    25,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterdance View Post
    Awkward....I can imagine some mixed emotions outside this service from some of the public if AB is there.
    Hopefully AB is arrested along with EB by then and in jail.
    If not AB better wear bullet proof clothes..........to many enemies!
    I am so afraid of a riot!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........


  23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:


  24. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9

  25. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Desertsand For This Useful Post:


  26. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    6,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertsand View Post
    This made me cry, again.


  27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Zahra's hearing aide's
    By wenwe4 in forum Zahra Clare Baker
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 03:09 PM
  2. Who will get Zahra's remains if AB goes to jail?
    By passionflower in forum Zahra Clare Baker
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 10:52 PM
  3. Zahra's life in Australia
    By 4BB in forum Zahra Clare Baker
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 10:58 PM
  4. What support is available for Zahra's Mum?
    By simlyme in forum Zahra Clare Baker
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 10:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •