Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zahra's memorial and where to be buried.

Hybrid View

Zahra's memorial and where to be buried.

In this link it says Z is having a memorial in Hickory. It says it hasn't been decided where Z will be buried. Wouldn't ED, AB and KB have say in that? hasn't it been said they want her back in Oz? I'm a little confused as to why they say it hasn't been decided.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Memor...110874714.html
    Last edited by daisy7; 11-29-2010 at 02:44 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Clue Hopper For This Useful Post:

I'm just guessing, but probably AB and Emily are fighting over who gets custody of her remains.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

this ''feels'' like another shoe is going to drop soon -- I'll bet that repatriation to Australia is in the making and that Z's mom is coming to attend. That's a six day lead time and I imagine there are lots of details that are being negotiated right now. Given that the mom has had visitation rights etc that were not respected, I would hope she's got an Australian Court Order in her hand as we speak today and that the Consulate here is assisting.
    Just My Opinion

“You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to."
    (Robin Williams)

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    this ''feels'' like another shoe is going to drop soon -- I'll bet that repatriation to Australia is in the making and that Z's mom is coming to attend. That's a six day lead time and I imagine there are lots of details that are being negotiated right now. Given that the mom has had visitation rights etc that were not respected, I would hope she's got an Australian Court Order in her hand as we speak today and that the Consulate here is assisting.
    BBM

Sadly, from reading over at HM, Emily found out about the memorial service from reading about it there. She has posted a few times today, and my heart breaks for her.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/11...rt-2/#comments

Quote Originally Posted by Clue Hopper View Post
    In this link it says Z is having a memorial in Hickory. It says it hasn't been decided where Z will be buried. Wouldn't ED, AB and KB have say in that? hasn't it been said they want her back in Oz? I'm a little confused as to why they say it hasn't been decided.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Memor...110874714.html
    I am curious as to who arranged it, I imagine it is to give closure to Zahra for Hickory (although I thought that's what the vigil was for). I would certainly hope that ED will be getting Zahra's remains to have a memorial in Australia, and decide for herself whether to cremate or bury her. I hate to think that EB & AB would have any say at all considering they are responsible IMO. I don't think KB would have a say as she is not next of kin unless AB was somehow allowed to arrange things and he took her advice.

They may still be working out legalities and final arrangements.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hamsterdance For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterdance View Post
    I am curious as to who arranged it, I imagine it is to give closure to Zahra for Hickory (although I thought that's what the vigil was for). I would certainly hope that ED will be getting Zahra's remains to have a memorial in Australia, and decide for herself whether to cremate or bury her. I hate to think that EB & AB would have any say at all considering they are responsible IMO. I don't think KB would have a say as she is not next of kin unless AB was somehow allowed to arrange things and he took her advice.

They may still be working out legalities and final arrangements.
    I think AB and his mom likely arranged it, since they didn't attend the vigil, but that's just my speculation. I think the public vigil was for the town, and this for the family/friends, from what I gather.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

I seriously doubt the remains have been released. I think they are just announcing the memorial. I feel quite sure there will be a battle over them, and that is why it has not been decided. But as far as them being released, naw. Too soon.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    I seriously doubt the remains have been released. I think they are just announcing the memorial. I feel quite sure there will be a battle over them, and that is why it has not been decided. But as far as them being released, naw. Too soon.
    I'm not sure there will be a battle over them. Didn't AB say in his interview he wanted her buried in Australia?

I think it is too soon for them to be released, but they wanted to have a service now that her death is confirmed, and the funeral/burial will take place in Australia. They might have a battle over where in Australia, I guess, but I doubt AB will contest her being repatriated. MOO.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

Some other threads of interest:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119659"]releasing Zahra remains - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119169"]Who will get Zahra's remains if AB goes to jail? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

Interesting post in the thread that you bumped Ducky, seems like the big wigs in OZ are already helping ED get her remains.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosee_Parker View Post
    I'm not sure whether this has already been posted .... forgive me if it has.

Australian national news just reported that our Prime Minster, Julia Gillard, is personally overseeing that consulate officials assist Emily to bring Zahra's remains home. (source: Channel 7 News Australia). It was also reported that our PM was advised of the latest development some days ago.

ETA: There was no mention of support for AB. Interesting. There was reference to Zahra's 'mother' (Emily) a couple of times.

This explains more. It was done by AB.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...hra-baker.html

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Clue Hopper For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Clue Hopper View Post
    This explains more. It was done by AB.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...hra-baker.html
    Awkward....I can imagine some mixed emotions outside this service from some of the public if AB is there.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hamsterdance For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsterdance View Post
    Awkward....I can imagine some mixed emotions outside this service from some of the public if AB is there.
    Hopefully AB is arrested along with EB by then and in jail.
    If not AB better wear bullet proof clothes..........to many enemies!
    I am so afraid of a riot!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

25. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Desertsand For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Desertsand View Post
    This made me cry, again.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:

Zahra is a citizen of AU, so IMO she should go home to her mom in AU.
    AB made arrangements in US for memorial.
    IMO, Zahra will have another memorial and burial in AU.
    Giving to St. Judes for Children is a wonderful thing to do.
    And I am sure there is a Children's Cancer research in AU also to donate in her honor.
    IMO no memorial were she had to live, h*llhouses.
    If anything a living tree or garden in a park or playground or anywhere Zahra would be happy.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

One last cruel act towards poor Emily by the Bakers, at the very least they could have informed her, and given her the opportunity to attend.
    Put down the pitchfork and back away from the monitor ..

31. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

http://www.drumfuneralhome.com/

In lieu of flowers, memorials in Zahra’s name may be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105 (1.800.805.5856).

-----a worthwhile charity-hospital i'm sure, (as AY had been proclaiming on his f/b for days back in october.)

------the place she truly enjoyed----"camp quality" makes so much mre sense to me --
    ---very unfair that they only list one maternal 'relative'------her mum.---when in fact there are many---

"–the step-brother Douglas doesn’t count? how about —-emily’s ENTIRE side of the family?!? “nicole dawson—sister of emily, says: -”-Zahra has grandparents, aunties, uncles and cousins in the Wagga area who are dealing with the loss in different ways.”

"http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/wagga-relatives-mourn-zahra-baker-who-would-have-celebrated-her-11th-birthday-today/1999750.aspx
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:

I can not fault KB in all of this. No, I don't understand her standing beside her son, but it's probably not my place to try understand that. I have no children. I do know that KB appears to have been a rock for Zahra through her awful ordeal with cancer...for that reason alone, I can find some respect for KB.

What appalls me is that neither AB nor KB can seem to find it in their hearts to show any compassion at all to Zahra's mother. This is a woman consumed with grief...what would it cost the Bakers to show this woman just a tiny bit of respect or kindness? Nothing. And yet, they can't bring themselves to give it. That doesn't speak well of them, imo. At a memorial where Zahra's life should be the focus, the Bakers once again elevate their own pettiness.

Shame on them.
    Last edited by Mountain_Kat; 11-27-2010 at 08:33 AM.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~Bob Dylan

35. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

I guess they didn't like the negative press. #$%$$##.

Zahra is survived by her father, Adam Baker of Hudson, NC; her mother, Emily Dietrich of Australia; paternal grandparents, Karen and Tony Baker of Australia; aunts and uncles, Kate Baker, Gemma Bell, Donna Shaw, David Baker, Scott Baker and Dale Baker, all of Australia; great-aunt, Mandy Edwards of Australia; great-uncles, Lance Edwards and Stephen Edwards, both of Australia; great-grandmother, Lola Edwards of Australia; and step-sisters, Amber Fairchild and Brittany Starbuck.

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    I guess they didn't like the negative press. #$%$$##.

Zahra is survived by her father, Adam Baker of Hudson, NC; her mother, Emily Dietrich of Australia; paternal grandparents, Karen and Tony Baker of Australia; aunts and uncles, Kate Baker, Gemma Bell, Donna Shaw, David Baker, Scott Baker and Dale Baker, all of Australia; great-aunt, Mandy Edwards of Australia; great-uncles, Lance Edwards and Stephen Edwards, both of Australia; great-grandmother, Lola Edwards of Australia; and step-sisters, Amber Fairchild and Brittany Starbuck.

It truly does read like PR, doesn't it?

I see the obligatory mention of Emily's name. Of course, no way the Bakers could avoid that...all of Hickory has stood witness to this woman's grief. And then I see mention of alot of Bakers, and 2 of Elisa Baker's children. How sweet. Does Emily not have parents? Siblings? Does Emily not have children who are the blood siblings of Zahra? A simple call from AB or KB could have produced the names of the other side of Zahra's family for this obituary, had anyone had any interest what-so-ever in doing the right thing here. They obviously weren't interested in that.

Immaturity, pettiness, and "Vengence", seems to be something BOTH AB and his family thrive on.

JMO
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~Bob Dylan

39. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Reading one of the guestbook entries immediately made me think of my signature here.

(sigh)

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Once again I sit shaking my head in disbelief. Not much time to be on here lately, but still trying to keep up.

43. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carolina Girl For This Useful Post:

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    wow, that was some hiccup websleuths! Sorry bout your indigestion! I couldn't anything to load for nuttin, lol
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

45. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Along with the obvious omission of Emily's children in Au, I'm Wondering why Zahra's step-sisters (AB's daughters) were named in the obit, but Zahra's step-brother, Douglas Proctor was not?

47. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Capri For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast