718 users online (85 members and 633 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,218

    OH - Tia, 31, Tahlia, 10, & Tyron Hendricks, 2, murdered, Columbus, 25 Nov 2010

    A woman and two children are dead and a man has been hospitalized in critical condition after all four were stabbed in a North Side apartment, police said.

    more here

    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...ople-dead.html

    ================================

    Anita Hayes of Columbus says those killed were her niece, Tia Hendricks, 31, and Hendricks' children, Talia Hendricks, 10 and Tayron Montgomery, 2.

    more here

    http://www.local12.com/news/state/st...zuywFBqAQ.cspx


    Prayers for the families - and all of Ohio...so sad & tragic are the past few weeks
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,838
    The case has made national news..

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/26...est=latestnews

    According to the article, police aren't looking for a suspect. Murder suicide, maybe?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,218
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    The case has made national news..

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/26...est=latestnews

    According to the article, police aren't looking for a suspect. Murder suicide, maybe?
    That's what it sounds like to me - and the 'suicide' vic is still alive in the hospital.

    This is so awful - to stab a woman & her kids...that takes a lot of rage...I don't know how someone can do that, especially the little kids.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Howard, Ohio
    Posts
    389

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Howard, Ohio
    Posts
    389
    http://www.topix.net/forum/source/co...Q6LG173TAK6/p4

    comment #83

    Franklin County Municipal Court:
    http://www.fcmcclerk.com/case/

    Boyfriend is Caron Montgomery, according to news reports.
    I only see old cases (lots btw).
    Can anyone find anything else?

    First case listed: 2009xxx = Domestic Violence/Assault
    Fourth: 2010xxx = OVI (operating while impaired)
    (just hitting some highlights of his record before studying further ... lots involved traffic type things)

    Wondering if 2009 Domestic Violence case involved victim. Child = age 2 (child of boyfriend)
    Last edited by CKay; 11-27-2010 at 12:46 AM. Reason: add

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of NC
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by CKay View Post
    http://www.topix.net/forum/source/co...Q6LG173TAK6/p4

    comment #83

    Franklin County Municipal Court:
    http://www.fcmcclerk.com/case/

    Boyfriend is Caron Montgomery, according to news reports.
    I only see old cases (lots btw).
    Can anyone find anything else?

    First case listed: 2009xxx = Domestic Violence/Assault
    Fourth: 2010xxx = OVI (operating while impaired)
    (just hitting some highlights of his record before studying further ... lots involved traffic type things)

    Wondering if 2009 Domestic Violence case involved victim. Child = age 2 (child of boyfriend)
    Thank you for the link. The murder charge was the 5th one down for me. Here is the case number 2010 CR A 027028.

    This is so sad ... I am so tired of the violence against women and children

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Howard, Ohio
    Posts
    389
    see above link for Franklin County ... per that site:

    Case 2009 CR B 009791
    Filed 4/26/2009 (seems to be during timeframe of Tia's 2nd child being born)

    6'2
    230#
    DOB 05/22/1974

    Domestic Violence - arrested and jailed, plead guilty, probation start dated 6/9/2009 (730 days)
    Assault - dismissed

    Reading through all of the court notations:

    4/30/2009 - Subpeona Filed, Issued Personal Residence Service for"
    TIA HENDRICKS

    6/9/2009: Sentence: Fine: 100.00, Susp: 100.00 Costs: , Susp: , Incl: N Jail Start: , days: 180, Jail End: susp days: 175, susp time: 5 Points: 0, Lic susp: , Dr Ed: N Susp start: , days: , Susp end: Clearance Date: Mod: , narr: , Lic flag: Dr sch: N, DUI sch: N, Rest: Prob type: COMMUNITY CONTROL SANCTION, start: 06/09/2009, days: 730, End: 06/09/2011 Charge #1: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

    So this did involve the victim
    Last edited by CKay; 11-27-2010 at 01:00 AM. Reason: add sentence

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Howard, Ohio
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by adonicawolf View Post
    Thank you for the link. The murder charge was the 5th one down for me. Here is the case number 2010 CR A 027028.

    This is so sad ... I am so tired of the violence against women and children
    Thank you! Yes, filed 11/26/2010
    2903.02 Murder
    Degree of Offense: CA (???)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Howard, Ohio
    Posts
    389
    On front page there is a video, that shows "on again, off again" boyfriend taken into squad:

    http://www.abc6onyourside.com/

    New story, so direct link until later.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Howard, Ohio
    Posts
    389
    Continuing through Caron Montgomery's list of cases on FC website:

    2004 CR B 010563 Domestic Violence (appears to involve another victim)


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,218
    Quote Originally Posted by CKay View Post
    Thank you! Yes, filed 11/26/2010
    2903.02 Murder
    Degree of Offense: CA (???)
    I'm guessing at the 'CA' but I'm thinking Capital/FDM w/ Aggravating circumstances (children under 13 or some other horrible thing we don't know about yet)
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Howard, Ohio
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    I'm guessing at the 'CA' but I'm thinking Capital/FDM w/ Aggravating circumstances (children under 13 or some other horrible thing we don't know about yet)
    Thanks so much TexasMist!

    I kept thinking "Capital", but could not connect the "A" part. Your guessing makes perfect sense.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Howard, Ohio
    Posts
    389
    I will never understand anyone taking the lives of innocent children.

    My thoughts go out to Tia's family and friends.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    I'm guessing at the 'CA' but I'm thinking Capital/FDM w/ Aggravating circumstances (children under 13 or some other horrible thing we don't know about yet)
    In Ohio, the crimes of aggravated murder and murder are first degree felonies.
    Here is the Ohio law on those crimes.

    http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2903.01 Aggravated Murder

    http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2903.02 Murder

    http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2929.02 Murder penalties in Ohio

    If the charges are upgraded to aggravated murder, I believe it will be on account of two of the victims being under 13 and the fact that more than one person was killed at that crime scene.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Howard, Ohio
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by nerosleuth View Post
    In Ohio, the crimes of aggravated murder and murder are first degree felonies.
    Here is the Ohio law on those crimes.

    http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2903.01 Aggravated Murder

    http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2903.02 Murder

    http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2929.02 Murder penalties in Ohio

    If the charges are upgraded to aggravated murder, I believe it will be on account of two of the victims being under 13 and the fact that more than one person was killed at that crime scene.
    Same statutes will probably apply to both Matthew Hoffman and Caron Montgomery, if I'm understanding correctly (both DP cases).

    Matthew Hoffman will have more charges added, still unknown.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. IN - Susan Hendricks, 30, & 3 kids brutally murdered, Bloomington, 7 Nov 1983
    By imthemom in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-26-2017, 09:21 PM
  2. GUILTY KY - Julie Hendricks, 34, raped & murdered, Louisville, 12 May 2010
    By believe09 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-29-2015, 07:47 PM
  3. GUILTY UT - Robert Hendricks, 2 mos, smothered by mom, Ogden, 24 Jan 2010
    By mysterygirl in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-27-2015, 02:52 PM
  4. IN IN - Steven Hendricks, 22, Washington, 4 Sept 1988
    By 2sisters in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 11:38 AM
  5. GUILTY SC - Four Hendricks family members murdered, Liberty, 14 Oct 2011
    By stillwatersc in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 06:07 PM

Tags for this Thread