1007 users online (172 members and 835 guests)  

Websleuths News

Canada - Danita Faith Bigeagle, 22, Regina SK, 11 Feb 2007

Danita Faith BIGEAGLE

Date Last Seen: 2007-02-11
    Last Seen Location Regina, Saskatchewan
    Date of Birth: 1984-03-06
    Race: Aboriginal Descent
    Height: 167 cm (5'6")
    Weight: 50 kg (110 lbs)
    Hair Color: Black, Short, Straight
    Eye Color: Brown
    Distinguishing Features: Tattoo of a happy face and the letter "D" on the web of her left hand, four .04 inch scars on her forehead, possibly shaved eyebrows.
    Clothing Worn at time of disappearance: Black quilted parka with drawstring waist, black toque, black t-shirt, blue jeans and white shoes
    File #: 2007-005298
    Agency: Regina Police Service

Additional Information:
    On the 11th day of February, 2007, Danita BIGEAGLE was last seen on the 800 block of Victoria Avenue in Regina. Danita rarely leaves Regina and frequents the downtown area.

If you have any information regarding the disappearance of this person please contact one of the following agencies:

Regina Police Service Cold Case Unit at (306) 777-6453
    Crime Stoppers at (306) 545-TIPS (8477) or 1-800-222-8477

Last edited by Danaya; 11-26-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Reward offered in Sask missing person case

up north
    North American Missing Persons Network

Saskatchewan Association of Chiefs of Police

Regina Police Service

5 years on, Danita Bigeagle's mom still hoping

On Saturday, it will have been five years since Danita Bigeagle went missing in Regina.

More: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...ears-1202.html

Toronto illustrator sends portraits of missing, murdered aboriginal women to Prime Minister Stephen Harper

OTTAWA—A Toronto illustrator has started drawing portraits of missing or murdered aboriginal women and plans to send a new one to Prime Minister Stephen Harper every day to bring more attention to the issue.
    “Let’s make it higher on his radar. Let’s make it higher on everyone’s radar,” Evan Munday, 34, said in a telephone interview after he launched the project on Twitter Monday.
    This endeavor, which could conceivably go on for over three years, bears some resemblance to a project Munday tweeted in December and has archived on his blog as "December 6, 1989: in Illustrations," a tribute to the 14 women killed at Montreal's Ecole Polytechnique 25 years ago.
    His sketch of Danita is in The Star link and can be found on Twitter.

Bumping for Danita!
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

Interesting article here http://www.cbc.ca/missingandmurdered...faith-bigeagle

Her case is currently at a standstill. With no new leads, it now sits with the Regina Police Service Cold Case Unit.

According to the RCMP’s database* Canada’s Missing*, Bigeagle was last seen in Regina on Feb. 11, 2007, in the 800 block of Victoria Avenue. Her profile on the site says she rarely leaves Regina and is known to frequent the downtown area.

But her mother has a different story. Diane says her neighbors told her Danita was grabbed by men driving a black SUV.

“From right in front of my house.... I went to the police and I went and told them," she said.

At the time, she was living at 1555 Garnet St.