709 users online (107 members and 602 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Australia - Eloise Worledge, 8, Beaumaris, Vic, 12 Jan 1976

Hey Blueclouds. I came across this article as well, a while ago by accident, when I was researching The Beaumont Children(3 children who went missing from Australia in the 60's) Its interesting isn't it? And also very sad. I have a friend who is Australian and this case and the Beaumonts are very very famous over there.

I was looking up the Beaumont children again and found an update- after some 30 odd years, they might have been spotted........Anyway I'm going to post a thread because the police always suspected it was an international abduction

THANK YOU for posting this link, I have an Aussie missing persons website and I didn't have Eliose on it, will update that soon.

I don't think the Beaumont case was thought to be international?? They were last seen playing with a blonde man on the beach. There's never been a confirmed sighting.

Eloise Worledge

thanks blueclouds. I am in melbourne and recall this case as a child.

http://bayside-leader.whereilive.com...se-in-bayside/

27 Jul 11 @ 06:53am
    by Jon Andrews

A NEW police cold case unit may consider reopening the suspected murder file on missing Beaumaris schoolgirl Eloise Worledge (pictured).

fascinating case-giving her dad the side eye

I remember this case vividly especially Elioise's picture. Why would someone cut the flyscreen from inside when the door was open? Would an opportunistic predator do that? I wish there was more information on this case.

This case doesn't make sense in many ways and like I said, I think the dad is suspicious. But also, this couple associated with a rather fast crowd.

I've never heard of this case before, to me the father sounds suspicious. But then again that's just my view.
    Staffies They're Softer Than You Think

"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start." Benny Fallout: New Vegas

"What is the most admirable creature on God's green Earth? Why, it's the bee! Have you ever seen a bee on vacation? Have you ever seen a bee take a sick day? Well, my friends, the answer is no! So I say, be... the bee! Be the bee!" - Jeremiah Fink Bioshock Infinite

I share your view as well. What are the parents up to these days, I wonder?

Forgive me as I didn't do much research on this case other than artcles here on websleuths (I plan to read up later) but I have a few questions...

Were there ever any leads? Did they follow on the fact that the window evidence pointed to an inside job?

Seems to me like after the initial search they just stopped.
    Also it seems to me that the parents were ready pretty early on to give up the search and move on with their lives. They just figured she was dead and that was that.

Other parents search for years and have hope and pray their child is out there some where alive. I just don't get that feeling from them at all, it's like they know she died on that night... I find it slightly fishy. (I hate to point fingers at grieving parents)

Could it have been a cover up of an accidental murder? The father was drinking rather heavily that evening.

Being the mother of an 8 year old little girl, this has hit home for me.

Somebody knows something.
    Last edited by momtolil; 10-02-2012 at 03:23 PM.

I really don't think so. Both parents lived pretty "free" lifestyles. I wonder if they are still alive

I don't get the impression that the dad was involved from the posted articles. One of the articles quotes him as talking about her as if she were alive, not dead at the time. To me, it suggests parents who probably felt the breakdown of their relationship was somehow to blame (not knowing/ignoring what the other was doing.) My dad would have a stiff upper lip also if faced with my sister or i having disappeared but would probably break down privately away from anyone else. Thats what some our parents generation were like, free with "love" but not able to show weakness or real emotion. It took her mum years to realise that she wasn't coming home. I do think sadly that it was a predator who knew them & watched for opportunity over time & knew that the parents were living separate lives.. Just my thoughts. :-)

I think it was someone in the circle of friends the parents had. Someone who was a known entity, but not an intimate. I would be interested to know if anyone the parents hung around or anyone that lived on that street was a sex offender.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast