780 users online (104 members and 676 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

CO - Mindy Lee, 33, Woodland Park, 26 Nov 2010

http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...6366&catid=188

WOODLAND PARK - Police are looking for a woman who was last seen Friday at 8:15 p.m. in a truck near Woodland Park High School.
    Last edited by Salem; 12-01-2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: add to title
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

Lee is described as 5 foot 3 inches tall, heavy set with shoulder length blond hair. She was last seen wearing a red shirt and black pants, she was not wearing any shoes.

The missing woman exited a truck near the high school, police say the people she was riding with tried to follow her, with no success.

Police are now using Search and Rescue dogs to search the area where she was last seen.

Snipped from http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/P...110913909.html

A little bit more information..

Mindy Lynn Lee was last heard from yesterday her mom says she was visiting friends in divide. She says the friends told her they were taking her to Pikes Peak Regional Hospital for laryngitis. They say she didn't want to go and, they ended up on Rampart Range Rd., where she jumped out of the car with no shoes and ran. Lee's mom says the story sounds fishy.

Snipped from http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/searc...woodland-park/

This doesn't make any sense...
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

Quote Originally Posted by DeepThinker View Post
    This doesn't make any sense...
    It makes zero sense. I wonder who her friends are that she was with?

The weather at night there has been in the 10s. http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/color...ay-11-26-2010/

Either the kids were partying and "feeling no pain" or the story is a bunch of hooey.

It's mountainous and woodsy...west of Colorado Springs, further up into the mountains. There's also creeks/rivers, areas of snow, etc.

I would also like to know who these "friends" are...

jmo imo

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    A little bit more information..

Mindy Lynn Lee was last heard from yesterday her mom says she was visiting friends in divide. She says the friends told her they were taking her to Pikes Peak Regional Hospital for laryngitis. They say she didn't want to go and, they ended up on Rampart Range Rd., where she jumped out of the car with no shoes and ran. Lee's mom says the story sounds fishy.

Snipped from http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/searc...woodland-park/
    rbbm

it's been a long time, but the last I knew, Rampart Range Rd, at BEST, was dirt. It's a main dirt road with several trails that take off for camping, hunting, etc. A lot of 4-wheel drive trails in there. Of course a lot has been restricted now, so I don't know how much of the area is actually "useable" anymore.

I just can't get over the "jumping out of a car in freezing cold weather with no shoes on, and no where to go" part.

You can see the street on Google streetview. It becomes very rural quickly and I imagine there has to be some animals in the area like bears and wolves so I can't see any reason for her to be running in this area, at night, with no shoes. It looks like there are houses nearby so hopefully someone heard or saw something. The story is very strange though.

"her mom says she was visiting friends in divide. She says the friends told her they were taking her to Pikes Peak Regional Hospital for laryngitis."

So they are taking her to the hospital for laryngitis - their 30 year old friend - and she jumps out of the vehicle without her shoes on????????????? On Rampart Range Road?

http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/searc...woodland-park/

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but is there any mention if Mindy has any mental limitations? This just isn't making such sense to me...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    "her mom says she was visiting friends in divide. She says the friends told her they were taking her to Pikes Peak Regional Hospital for laryngitis."

So they are taking her to the hospital for laryngitis - their 30 year old friend - and she jumps out of the vehicle without her shoes on????????????? On Rampart Range Road?

http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/searc...woodland-park/
    That has GOT to be one of the most ridiculous stories I've ever heard. I'm not buying it. Laryngitis is not something I've ever heard of someone needing to go to the hospital for. My husband is a doctor..and I just asked him if he's ever heard of someone being hospitalized for laryngitis and he said "only if it's combined with other serious illnesses, like pneumonia. Never laryngitis on it's own". Why would her friends feel the need to drive a 30 year old woman to the hospital for an illness such as laryngitis? Especially when it was clear (according to their story) that she didn't want to go?

If she was in that bad of shape that they REALLY felt they needed to take her to the hospital, and she refused, why not just call 911 and send a paramedic out to look at her?

I don't buy this at all.

Maybe they were partying and she took a hallucinogen
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast