1064 users online (188 members and 876 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

12/28/2010

Detroit TV station battles judge over Skelton search documents
    A Detroit television station filed a lawsuit seeking to force authorities to reveal search warrant documents related to the investigation of the Thanksgiving disappearance of three Morenci boys.
    Revealing such documents now could jeopardize the investigation and the safety of the missing boys, Lenawee County District Judge James E. Sheridan said in a letter to WDIV earlier this month.
    WDIV filed a complaint last week in Lenawee County Circuit Court, seeking an order to make public a warrant and results of a reported Nov. 30 search of the Morenci home of John Skelton, the boys’ father.
    More...

Father of missing boys waives preliminary exam
    The father of three boys missing since Thanksgiving from their Morenci home waived preliminary examination of parental kidnapping charges Monday and agreed to be bound over for trial in Lenawee County Circuit Court.
    John Russell Skelton, 39, who refused to tell a different judge last week the location of Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner Skelton, 5, appeared briefly before Lenawee County District Judge James Sheridan to relinquish his right to hear the evidence police claim to have that proves he took the boys.
    More...

12/29/2010

State law to be followed on release of Skelton documents
    Attorneys representing a Detroit television station and the Lenawee County District Court agreed Tuesday to follow state law in the release of any documents pertaining to a search of the home of the father of three missing Morenci boys.
    WDIV sued the district court to gain access to search warrant documents related to the search of John Russell Skelton’s home on East Congress Street in Morenci. Skelton’s sons, Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5, were last seen there on Thanksgiving.
    More...

Vigil shows famly that community cares
    A vigil was held Thursday night in front of the Hillsdale County Courthouse for the three missing Morenci boys.
    The vigil was attended by family members of Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner Skelton, 5, including their mother, Tanya Skelton, and their grandfather, Don Zuvers.
    More...

01/05/2011

John Skelton waives court appearance
    John Skelton waived his court appearance Wednesday where he was scheduled to be formally charged Wednesday with parental kidnapping in connection the disappearance of his three missing sons.
    SEE IMAGES: IMAGES: Missing Skelton Boys
    Skelton signed formal paperwork waiving his arraignment Tuesday.
    Skelton was arrested on Nov. 30 on three counts of parental kidnapping.
    Watch: Michigan Dad Of Missing Boys Waives Key Hearing
    More...

01/07/2011

Missing Morenci boys' Aunt calls John Skelton coward
    19-year-old Courtney Derby, like her mother, Tanya Skelton, wishes she knew what happened to Andrew, Alexander and Tanner.
    The boys' sister spoke only with FOX 2.
    "The I love yous and the screaming coming out the door. You forgot to give me a kiss. You forgot to hug me. Even snow, rain … the middle one and the youngest always running out the door. No shoes on, mom's yelling get inside, you're going to get sick. They didn't care. They wanted a kiss from their sister. I mean, that's what I miss," said Derby.
    More... Video included...

Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    Missing Morenci boys' Aunt calls John Skelton coward
    19-year-old Courtney Derby, like her mother, Tanya Skelton, wishes she knew what happened to Andrew, Alexander and Tanner.
    The boys' sister spoke only with FOX 2.
    "The I love yous and the screaming coming out the door. You forgot to give me a kiss. You forgot to hug me. Even snow, rain … the middle one and the youngest always running out the door. No shoes on, mom's yelling get inside, you're going to get sick. They didn't care. They wanted a kiss from their sister. I mean, that's what I miss," said Derby.
    More... Video included...
    From the article above:
    "Police Chief Weeks said he does continue to hold out hope that there is a chance that the boys still may be alive."

That's the best thing I've read about this case, in weeks. Besides the judge saying she could keep JS in jail indefinitely for contempt of court.

01/08/2011

Skelton pleads not guilty to kidnapping charges, avoids court appearance
    John Russell Skelton remained out of sight in a Lenawee County Jail cell Wednesday while a not guilty plea in his parental kidnapping case was entered for him in Lenawee County Circuit Court.
    The Morenci father of three boys missing since Thanksgiving was scheduled for a hearing on Feb. 9 before Judge Margaret M.S. Noe in the criminal case. Public defender John Glaser filed a written waiver of arraignment with a not guilty plea, avoiding an appearance in court that would likely have drawn a crowd of television cameras and news photographers.
    More...

Last edited by KateB; 04-04-2015 at 12:57 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

01/13/2011

Three Skelton boys still missing in 2011
    The three boys, 9 year old Andrew, 7 year old Alexander and 5 year old Tanner Skelton were reported missing on Nov. 26th 2010 from Morenci, Michigan after which a Amber Alert was issued. They were abducted by their father, John Skelton, who was found in neighboring Lucas County, Ohio. According to police John Skelton lied to investigators when he said he gave the boys to a female acquaintance to hand over to their mother before he tried to commit suicide. John Skelton waived extradition and remains incarcerated on a 3 million dollar bond.
    More...

01/14/2011

Missning Morenci boys continue to generate tips, reports of sightings
    It has been nearly two months since 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner Skelton went missing.
    The boys were last seen on Thanksgiving with their father John Skelton, who is behind bars on parental kidnapping charges.
    Investigators say they still receive tips and reports of possible sightings, but that they have not been able to confirm if any are true.
    In addition, police have not received any new information from the boys' father.
    More...

01/24/2011

Mother of three missing boys holds hope they're still alive
    Nearly two months after three Morenci, Mich., brothers disappeared, the children's mother holds hope they'll be found safe.
    "In my heart, I feel that they are still alive, and I just am waiting for the right clue or tip to come in, or for their father to finally decide to tell who he gave the children to," Tanya Skelton, 44, says in an interview with PEOPLE.
    The boys' dad, John Skelton, 39, told police several accounts about what he did with 5-year-old Tanner, 7-year-old Alexander and 9-year-old Andrew the day after Thanksgiving.
    He said he gave them to a pastor's wife named Joann Taylor because he was going to commit suicide. Then he said he gave them to an "organization."
    Then he got a lawyer and stopped talking.
    More...

01/27/2011

Morenci pastor driven by desire to see Skelton brothers return
    Donna Galloway has been the public face of Morenci's hope that the three missing Skelton boys will make it home.
    Although she doesn't want to be the center of attention, Galloway, the pastor of Morenci United Methodist Church, which the Skelton family attended, has been thrust into the spotlight during the agonizing search for Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5.
    More...

01/28/2011

Divorce hearing held for missing Skelton boys' parents
    A divorce hearing will be held Friday morning in Lenawee County for John and Tanya Skelton, the parents of the missing Morenci boys.
    The Skelton brothers -- Alexander, 9, Andrew, 7, and Tanner, 5, -- haven't been seen since Thanksgiving while they were in the care of their father, John.
    They were reported missing the following day by their mother, Tanya Skelton, when their father didn't bring them home after an arranged visit.
    More...

John Skelton, father of missing boys, due in court on parental kidnapping charges
    The father of three Michigan boys missing since Thanksgiving is to appear in court before a judge who plans to ask him what happened to his children.
    More...

01/28/2011 Updates...

Judge asks father of missing boys where they are
    A man charged with parental kidnapping after his three boys went missing on Thanksgiving told a judge Friday that he wasn't able to turn over the children.
    John Skelton, appearing during a brief divorce hearing, answered "I can't" when the judge asked whether he was prepared to give the children to their mother.
    More...

Father of missing boys in court
    The father of three Michigan boys missing since Thanksgiving says he's unable to turn over the children to their mother.
    John Skelton appeared Friday for a brief court hearing as part of his divorce case. The judge asked him whether he was prepared to give the children to their mother, and he answered: "I can't."
    A pre-trial hearing is March 18.
    More...

01/29/2011

John Skelton silent on sons, eager to oppose alimony for wife
    A judge suspended action Friday on a child custody contempt charge against John Russell Skelton of Morenci. The father of three boys missing since Thanksgiving will first have to deal with pending criminal charges, said Lenawee County Circuit Judge Margaret M.S. Noe.

Skelton’s wife did not look at him during the court proceeding. While remaining silent on their sons’ whereabouts, John Skelton seemed eager to dispute any effort by her to obtain alimony or an order that he pay her attorney fees for the divorce.
    More...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast