723 users online (88 members and 635 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Hi Everyone,

This case is so haunting. Glad to see we still have some discussion going on.

Did you all see this?

Ryan and Shane mention Websleuths toward the end. This is from Buzzfeed's UNSOLVED
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

I think the fact that Mrs. Sodder found the door unusually unlocked when she woke up at night indicates foul play. If only she checked to see if the children were still there, she may have found them already gone.

Thanks for the link Tricia. I watched approx 20 min of the video & it really upset me how the two narrators made light of such a tragic situation. It just didn't seem right. But I do appreciate that this horrible tragedy is receiving some publicity. The Sodder parents seemed to try so hard to find out what happened to their missing kids. How awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Thanks for the link Tricia. I watched approx 20 min of the video & it really upset me how the two narrators made light of such a tragic situation. It just didn't seem right. But I do appreciate that this horrible tragedy is receiving some publicity. The Sodder parents seemed to try so hard to find out what happened to their missing kids. How awful.

They could have solved their mystery 70 years ago if they had not been in such a hurry to bulldoze the site.

I agree about the levity from the narrators. It was tragic and not the stuff of jokes. Just because it happened some 80 years ago does not make it less.

Anyway I am glad this story is being kept in the public eye.

the person who took them might have had a gun or some kind of weapon to scare the kids into going. they were still pretty young and might not have known what to do and cooperated with the kidnapers.
    Last edited by jade.and.pals; 08-12-2017 at 12:54 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by jade.and.pals View Post
    the person who took them might have had a gun or some kind of weapon to scare the kids into going. they were still pretty young and might not have known what to do and cooperated with the kidnapers.

There is absolutely no evidence that anyone "took" the children. However there is overwhelming evidence that they were killed in the fire. The scene was never properly searched, the entire house had collapsed into the basement, and the father was in such a hurry to cover up the scene that he borrowed a bulldozer and covered up the site within three days. There are some in that part of West Virginia who believe that the father had something to do with the fire.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21