675 users online (95 members and 580 guests)  

Websleuths News

El Segundo, California

CA - Sierra Madre, WhtMale 772UMCA, 22-28, #44 football jersey, Jan'81

The Doe Network:
    Case File 772UMCA

Blue Football Jersey

Unidentified White Male

* The victim was discovered on January 5, 1981 in Sierra Madre, Los Angeles County, California
    * Estimated Date of Death: The remains were likely at the location found in excess of one year.
    * Partial Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 20 - 40 (most likely 20-29) years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'8" (173 cm); weight could not be determined.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blonde hair; eye color could not be determined.
    * Clothing: The remains were found with a blue football jersey that had two stripes on the sleeve and the number 44 on the back of the jersey.

Case History
    The victim was located in a riverbed in Sierra Madre, California on January 5, 1981.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-05-2013 at 11:26 PM. Reason: added link

El Segundo, California
    Ronald David Kruska

Kruska was a former football player at Saugus High School, so the football jersey would be consistent. Classmates.com does not have any Saugus HS yearbooks, but I checked the Saugus HS site, and found that their current football team wears dark blue jerseys.

His blonde hair also corresponds to that of the UID.

His age is slightly (but not excessively) low, and his height is within an inch.

There is no indication of which direction he was heading when his friend dropped him off at I-5, but Sierra Madre is only 40 miles southeast of the I-5 near Saugus

western PA, USA
    I found this (2007?) article that says Kruska's siblings have given DNA and this match was being looked into, but the skeletal remains were "disposed of" and the jersey hadn't been found in the evidence room yet. It also says that although Kruska was #84 and a former coach didn't recognize the jersey, Kruska often wore athletic clothing so his siblings think there could be some connection.

<-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

What a sad case that is, I hope Ronald is found but sadly, he probably passed away as a young man with his whole life ahead of him.

People really need to be more careful with evidence, no matter how old it is.

Northeast USA
    this UID will never be identified. they lost the jersey and disposed of the bones. I checked the Namus profile and it said there were no facial bones and therefore no dentals.

when they say disposed of the bones, I take it that they were not buried in a marked site.

Long Beach, CA
    This is his page on NamUs --

On NamUs, his age is estimated as being 22 - 28 years old.