GUILTY GA - Francis Brohm, 23, killed by drunk driver, Marietta, 29 Aug 2004

Newswolf

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MAN_DECAPITATED?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

A drunken driver hit a telephone pole support wire that decapitated his passenger, then drove 12 miles home and slept in his bloody clothes, leaving the headless body in his truck, police said.
A neighbor walking with his young daughter Sunday morning discovered Daniel Brohm's headless corpse in the truck in John Kemper Hutcherson's driveway and called authorities, said Cpl. Dana Pierce, county police spokesman.
Officers found Hutcherson asleep inside his home. He was visibly drunk and his clothes were bloody, authorities said. They later found Brohm's severed head at the crash site.
"It's hard for one to imagine that you would drive miles from a crash site to your home, turning in various directions, and yet not know what has happened to a passenger sitting next to you," Pierce said.
Hutcherson, 21, was charged with vehicular homicide, driving under the influence and failure to stop at an accident with death or injury. He was jailed on a $100,000 bond; it was unclear Monday whether he had an attorney.
Police said Hutcherson and Brohm - friends since high school - were drinking at a bar Saturday night and left after Brohm said he felt sick.
Brohm, 23, apparently was leaning out of the window when Hutcherson hit the support wire about a mile and a half from the bar.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have never been that blasted!

Reminds me of that lady who had the guy stuck in her windshield for three days in her garage until he finally died.

Jeana (DP) said:
Reminds me of that lady who had the guy stuck in her windshield for three days in her garage until he finally died.
I remember that one too.:( I was shocked that the person would have lived but she let him suffer until he died. I could never figure out why she didn't help him, or what sentence she finally recieved. ???

snorky said:
I remember that one too.:( I was shocked that the person would have lived but she let him suffer until he died. I could never figure out why she didn't help him, or what sentence she finally recieved. ???

I think she got 50 years.

OMG ~ I remember that case too! She just left him suffering, let him die on purpose :(

both stories horrible and grotesque....that female was cruel and worried about her own sorry butt, and let the poor man suffer and die. this GA. incident will reverberate in this guy's life forever...as it should. in a heartbeat it's all over. drunken driving does that. :furious:

Newswolf said:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MAN_DECAPITATED?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

A drunken driver hit a telephone pole support wire that decapitated his passenger, then drove 12 miles home and slept in his bloody clothes, leaving the headless body in his truck, police said.
A neighbor walking with his young daughter Sunday morning discovered Daniel Brohm's headless corpse in the truck in John Kemper Hutcherson's driveway and called authorities, said Cpl. Dana Pierce, county police spokesman.
Officers found Hutcherson asleep inside his home. He was visibly drunk and his clothes were bloody, authorities said. They later found Brohm's severed head at the crash site.
"It's hard for one to imagine that you would drive miles from a crash site to your home, turning in various directions, and yet not know what has happened to a passenger sitting next to you," Pierce said.
Hutcherson, 21, was charged with vehicular homicide, driving under the influence and failure to stop at an accident with death or injury. He was jailed on a $100,000 bond; it was unclear Monday whether he had an attorney.
Police said Hutcherson and Brohm - friends since high school - were drinking at a bar Saturday night and left after Brohm said he felt sick.
Brohm, 23, apparently was leaning out of the window when Hutcherson hit the support wire about a mile and a half from the bar.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have never been that blasted!

Brings to mine the age-old addage, With friends like these, who needs enemies!

Its about time to make a law that people such as this young man can't operate a motor vehicle after having anything to drink. Their car should be fitted with a blood alcohol detector. And the law should stipulate that if they're caught driving after drinking again, they would face severe penalties.

This reminds me of a case in CO. where a man who had 6 prior drunk driving convictions ran into a car and killed 1 or both occupants after a session of heavy drinking. He was 39 and had probably been doing that for close to 20 years, and had even served jail time. He got a long sentence, but will someday get out and may not be prevented from driving again.

From May 2005:

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/may/26/nation/na-decapitate26

A drunk driver who veered off the road and decapitated a friend who had leaned his head out a window was sentenced to five years in prison Wednesday.

John Kemper Hutcherson, 21, pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide in the death last August of Frankie Brohm, 23, whose head was severed when the truck grazed a telephone pole guy wire.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back