1294 users online (287 members and 1007 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    will the evidence in the trial be published when the trial begins? i would think the prosecution has a strong case, but from all of the evidence i have seen or that has been mentioned in the press all of it is circumstantial.

am i missing anything, or is that what everyone else has seen?

please post what you have heard, seen, or read about existing evidence that you believe the prosecution has

mustang sally, firefox07 has there been any mention of any other evidence collected.

i read about the campsite in north georgia, but all the links listing items found no longer work.

its allmost as if all evidence is being suppressed, court ordered in the cheryl dunlap trial, but why all evidence collected everywhere?

Isn't Florida very open about releasing this type of information? Why is this trial so different from Casey Anthony's?

Today's update:

Court administrators confirm that two batches of jury summons have already been mailed in the Gary Michael Hilton case.

The first batch for January 31st were mailed on December 30th and the second batch for February 1st were mailed on Wednesday. (1-5)

Danny Davis with court administration says the judge requested four panels of 55 potential jurors a piece for a total of 220.

Davis said they mailed out 530 summons in hopes of getting that panel of 220.

http://www.wctv.tv/floridanews/headl...113041224.html
    I do not "Obsess".....I just think "Intensely"

Today's Update:

UPDATED 1.10.2011 by Julie Montanaro 11:45pm

Gary Michael Hilton has made a personal request for a change of venue, in addition to the 30 page motion filed by his attorneys.

A letter dated January 8th, includes Hilton's own signature at the bottom.

Hilton says "All of the publicity and comments thereof show that Tallahassee and Leon County has a bias in favor of Ms. Cheryl Dunlap and against me. I do not believe that these communities can fairly and impartially decide my guilt or whether I should die."

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Ju...113041224.html

if they grant this request, i'll be slamming my head against my desk.

after 3 years, all the motions, etc., etc.

The judge also denied a request to completely seal four defense motions, including one to forbid the condition of Dunlap's body and the murder of the Georgia hiker Hilton confessed to killing in 2008 from being used by the state to show aggravating circumstances during sentencing.

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2...eat-local-jury
    Last edited by stormsailor; 01-13-2011 at 04:39 PM. Reason: correct link

Quote Originally Posted by stormsailor View Post
    The judge also denied a request to completely seal four defense motions, including one to forbid the condition of Dunlap's body and the murder of the Georgia hiker Hilton confessed to killing in 2008 from being used by the state to show aggravating circumstances during sentencing.

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2...eat-local-jury

Seems to me, it is what it is. After killing, mutilating & other unspeakable acts, do not come crying to the court about evidence that is prejudicial. Our justice system already bends over backward in favor of the accused.

Hi Glenn. Hi Climbergirl. I found my way...I'm here. Let's get this show on the road.
    Sounds like maybe the judge has a good handle on all of this.

Judge denied request for another pretrial hearing to hear two late-filed defense motions. "We will see you all on Jan. 31." Hearing done

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2...in-Hilton-case

i like this judge, 1/31/11 at long last a trial for the accused in the death of cheryl dunlap

Todays TV update:

UPDATED January 20, 2011 5pm by Julie Montanaro

Accused killer Gary Michael Hilton is now counting the days until trial and prosecutors want to crack open his medical files before opening day.

"Gary Hilton"

Accused killer Gary Hilton raised his right hand and answered a series of questions from the judge.

"Do you understand that?"

"Yes."

"And do you agree to that?"

"Yes."

It was a rare chance to hear Hilton speak for himself in hearings that are now nearly three years running. This may be Hilton's last appearance in court before attorneys start choosing a jury to weigh the evidence against him in the 2007 kidnapping and murder of Cheryl Dunlap.

"Fulton County Sheriff's Office from an arrest on July 31st, 1974," defense attorney Robert Friedman began to read from a list of Hilton's previous arrests.

Hilton's attorneys asked the judge to halt a request from prosecutors to look at Hilton's medical files dating back to 1974.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Hi...114277639.html

You should be able to read the whole story at the website....It makes me so mad...

Cheryl Dunlap was my friend.....and this monster ended her life in the most horrible way....I hope he gets the Death Penalty!!!!

Rest In Peace...Cherly Dunlap and Meredith Emerson

Today's update:

Attorneys for accused killer Gary Michael Hilton have asked the judge to ban all cameras from the courtroom during the trial.

In a motion filed Monday, defense attorneys’ content that cameras in the courtroom will disrupt and affect the council effectiveness. They further content that cameras will possibly intimidate potential jurors and will impact Hilton ability to get a fair trial. At a minimum, attorneys are asking the judge restrict cameras in the courtroom. The judge has yet to rule on the motion. Hilton trial begins Monday, Jan. 31.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Hi...114277639.html

Less than a week until the POS is tried......Yeah!!!

if nothing else, i hope that all list of evidence, witnesses, etc. are published along with testimony. this disease needs sunlight, a fair trial, and a quick execution of sentence.

Here is some old info:

UPDATED 1.7.2011 6:30pm by Julie Montanaro

Jury summons have gone out for the upcoming trial of accused killer Gary Michael Hilton.

Attorneys continue to do battle over how much those jurors will eventually see and hear in court.

Today, they argued for hours over a bayonet.

Gary Michael Hilton is set to stand trial January 31st. The judge has asked for 220 potential jurors to report that week and summons are already in the mail.

"The tool in question was a bayonet style knife," said FDLE Firearms Analyst Jeff Foggy.

Hilton's attorneys are hoping those jurors never see the bayonet in question - a bayonet like this one.

Prosecutors contend Hilton used one to slash a tire on victim Cheryl Dunlap's car and have forensic tests to prove it.

FDLE's Jeff Foggy did the lab work on that.

"And were you able to make an identification based on those microscopic imperfections?" asked prosecutor Georgia Cappleman.

"Yes, ma'am," Foggy replied.

But defense attorneys called an expert who says unlike dna, there are no scientifically objective standards to prove a particular bayonet was responsible for the mark only that a particular *type* of bayonet may have been used.

"And it's very difficult, because you get marks in tires," toolmark expert Dr. Adina Schwartz testified. "You don't know, you don't know what tool made it. You don't know what pressure. You don't know what angle of attack."

Judge James Hankinson reserved judgement, saying he'll review stacks of rulings and studies before deciding if the bayonet will be admissible in this court come time for Gary Hilton's trial.

Hilton's attorneys also asked the judge to send out questionnaires to all prospective jurors in hopes of speeding up jury selection.

Late this afternoon, the judge denied that motion, saying he feared that could make it even tougher to choose a jury because people might be tempted to study up on the case or try to come up with ways to get out of it.

More old info:

[UPDATE] 1-7 11:00AM -- by Julie Montanaro

The defense is calling experts to the stand to try to have a bayonet declared inadmissible as evidence. The state contends Hilton used the bayonet to slash a tire on victim Cheryl Dunlap's car. Dr. Adina Schwartz testified that there are no objective scientific standards that will allow forensic scientists to prove that a "particular" tool was used to leave a mark, only that "that type" of tool was used.

Stay with WCTV.tv for updates.

I missed this earlier on the TV website.....sorry!

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast