GUILTY VA - Angelyn Ogdoc, 2, thrown off 4-story skywalk, Tysons, 30 Nov 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
A Fairfax woman has been arrested and charged with throwing a toddler over the railing of a fourth-floor outdoor walkway at Tysons Corner Center Monday night, police said.
[Carmela Dela] Rosa, 50, lives in the 3100 block of Ellenwood Drive. Other family members were with her and the little girl about 7 p.m. Monday when, "for some reason," Wright said, Rosa allegedly "picked [the child] up and threw her over the edge of the skywalk."

more here

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/local-breaking-news/dc/girl-2-falls-from-walkway-at-t.html

Watched this on WJLA last night... at the presser LE reported that the toddler's injuries are life threatening. :(

Oh no... I clicked on the link and it says the baby has died. :( This is horrible...

Girl, 2 Dies after Tysons Plunge

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/local-breaking-news/dc/girl-2-falls-from-walkway-at-t.html

tysons.jpg

PH2010113001706.jpg

This story is heartbreaking and so horrible to me. This happened within walking distance of my work and from a walkway that leads from a parking garage to the foodcourt of the local mall. I used that walkway just last week. Why would this woman do this? How could she do this to her own grandddaughter? Did she just suddenly snap? She looks so normal, even in her mug shot. That poor baby girl and her family!

Toddler Allegedly Thrown from Mall Walkway, Dies
Grandmother Arrested after 2-Year-Old Girl's Fatal Fall from 6-Story High Walkway at Tysons Corner Center in Virginia

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010...Feed:+CBSNewsPCAnswer+(PC+Answer:+CBSNews.com)

Wright said the toddler and Dela Rosa were leaving the mall with family when Dela Rosa allegedly picked the girl up and threw her off the walkway. The Washington Post reports Dela Rosa allegedly threw the girl over the guardrail - which would be above waist-level on an average height adult.

The articles say that other family members were with the grandmother and the little girl at the time, but did not specify who.

OMG! How sad, I wonder if the mom was the one with them while they were shopping. God, if you can't trust your own parents who can you trust with your little ones? :(

Family members said there was "no reason".......

Neighbor reports seeing the two interact joyfully when the grandmother babysat.

I don't get this........why........this is nauseating.

Yet another one! A two year old baby toddler girl!

McLEAN, Va. — A Virginia toddler was walking out of a shopping mall with relatives when her grandmother suddenly flung her over a railing, sending the girl on a fatal plunge to the pavement several stories below, police said Tuesday.

Carmela Dela Rosa, 50, of Fairfax was arrested and charged with murder, said prosecutor Ian Rodway. Authorities said interviews with witnesses and Dela Rosa led them to the conclusion that the girl's fall Monday night was no accident, but they couldn't yet explain why the grandmother threw her.

The 2 1/2-year-old child, Angelyn Ogdoc, died in a hospital several hours later. She fell from a walkway linking the mall's third floor to the parking garage's sixth floor at Tysons Corner Center in Fairfax, just south of Washington, D.C.

More at link" http://roadrunner.com/news/topic/ar...s_Grandma_threw_child_to_her_death_at_Va_mall

her grandmother suddenly flung her over a railing

OMG ..Well that statement leads me to believe the child was not throwing a tantrum or acting up .. (NOT THAT THAT IT IS OK TO THROW A ChILD IF SO) its like the woman went insane weird ..

oh my sweet jesus .. i cannot believe this !! .. how absolutely HORRID .. that poor angel .. someone should throw that grandmother to her death ..

I just can't comprehend why this happened. What made this woman throw her beautiful baby granddaughter over a rail to her death? Were they just peacefully walking to the parking garage after shopping and she just snatched her up and tossed her over? Was she carrying the little girl and the child was being uncooperative and the grandmother got too close to the rail and she dropped her over? What happened?

I was on that walkway today. The rail comes almost up to my midchest, as I stand at 5'4". She would have had to actually lift her up and over.

This makes no sense to me. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back