2010.11.30 DNA Due Back in 45 Days

Will DNA on Caylee's shorts/shirt/Whitney bag bring any viable evidence?

• No

Votes: 88 38.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No evidence after lying in swamp for 6 months

Votes: 99 43.6%
  • Plenty of evidence will be found on those items

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • other-write in your own

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • it will point to George or Cindy Anthony

Votes: 7 3.1%

• Total voters

LiveLaughLuv

Reaction score
Seems the testing on Caylee's shorts/shirt and Whitney bag are finished and due back in 45 days...I wonder what will be found, if anything???

To be honest, I'm a little worried that after RK kicked the bag he found in the swamp on Suburban, his DNA might be there. Had he not done that, I believe after lying in that swamp for 6 months that there would be no viable evidence to create doubt...JMHO

Just wondering what everyone else is thinking especially after I heard Baez wants to hold back the motion regarding RK until after the results from the testing are back...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I cannot imagine there will be anything useful found. After 6 months in the elements I would be shocked if anything significant were there. Of course, the defense only needs there to be something found, period, in order to try to create reasonable doubt. I think this is just another showing for the sake of appearances. JMO.

I should think prosecution has already taken care of this.They dont drag their feet.If anything is left after lying in a swamp I will be leery of it.They are grasping at straws.This test simply proves they have NO proof someone else did it. What a waste of tax payers money. :banghead:

Seems the testing on Caylee's shorts/shirt and Whitney bag are finished and due back in 45 days...I wonder what will be found, if anything???

I know the DNA on the Hair samples is complete(Baez first mentioned that in the 11minute telephone hearing) but I didn't know the Touch DNA on the other 2 items sent to PA was completed yet.

Was this said in the hearing yesterday?? I must have missed it.
I thought the Judge asked Baez how long it would take for the Touch DNA to be completed and Baez was fumbling for an approximate date and then Judge Perry said 45 days...will have to go back and listen.

Obviously if there is no trace of DNA for Caylee and something comes up for RK he would be ruled out because he found the remains. The shorts were in the trash bag so there should be Caylee's DNA found on them. If no DNA found from Caylee it would lead you to believe no other DNA would be found unless it was from the recovery of her remains. Any jury would make sense of that IMO. jmo

The laundry bag underwent standard DNA testing and none was found. Now, the bag and the shorts will be tested for touch DNA, a relatively new field. I read somewhere that there was an outside possibility there could be something on the stretchy waist-band of the shorts which could have been more protected from the elements.

I believe that the long exposure to the elements and flooding will have erased even the tiniiest amout of DNA.

For the defense, however, it is possibly their last, best hope to get someone else to put on the hook.

I just listened to the hearing again and I took it that the shorts, t shirt and laundry bag had not been sent out yet. Ashton had only yesterday, been given the signed stipulation (chain of custody waiver) from Baez. Ashton then said he thought the items "would go out today".

I doubt they will get any viable dna, not one that would yield a full profile.

That said, Caylee wore that t shirt whilst at Riccardo's. Cindy said she didnt recognize it. The baby may even have slept in it and we are told Caylee would sleep between Riccardo and MOTY. Indeed, MOTY might have worked that out, all on her ownsome. :waitasec: Is that their stab in the dark?

And would we ever find out, if they only found dna that matched a member of the Anthony family?

I just listened to the hearing again and I took it that the shorts, t shirt and laundry bag had not been sent out yet. Ashton had only yesterday, been given the signed stipulation (chain of custody waiver) from Baez. Ashton then said he thought the items "would go out today".

I doubt they will get any viable dna, not one that would yield a full profile.

That said, Caylee wore that t shirt whilst at Riccardo's. Cindy said she didnt recognize it. The baby may even have slept in it and we are told Caylee would sleep between Riccardo and MOTY. Indeed, MOTY might have worked that out, all on her ownsome. :waitasec: Is that their stab in the dark?

And would we ever find out, if they only found dna that matched a member of the Anthony family?

kriskross, the shirt (or what remains of it) are not included for the DNA testing.

I'm confused here :waitasec:
The thread title says DNA due back in 45 days but the first post says testing is finished. When did the testing begin?

I'm confused here :waitasec:
The thread title says DNA due back in 45 days but the first post says testing is finished. When did the testing begin?

I hope I didn't hear wrong....but the September status hearing, His Honor allowed this testing in...I thought I heard Baez state the results are due back in 45 days....if that is incorrect, the testing is not done, this poll would still apply since it is being done...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Casey Anthony team gets DNA testing
Testing to be done at Pennsylvania lab
September 28, 2010|By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando SentinelThe judge in the Casey Anthony case filed an order today stating that he will allow DNA testing on a pair of shorts believed to belong to Caylee Anthony and a bag found with the remains of Anthony's dead daughter nearly two years ago.

But Chief Judge Belvin Perry maintains the tests will have to be done in the United States — not at a Dutch forensic lab where a defense-team DNA expert is based.

He decided the testing be done at National Medical Services, Criminalistics Laboratory in Willow Grove, Pa.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._1_dna-testing-richard-eikelenboom-dna-expert

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, Casey Anthony makes yet another appearance in court as her murder trial looms. The defense and the prosecution battle it out over expert witnesses. The prosecution wants to know if the defense is wining and dining their experts. They want to know what they`re getting paid, where they`re eating, where they`re staying.

Why do they want to know all that? Is the prosecution concerned that sweet perks could sway the experts` testimony in favor of the defense?

But hold on. I mean, these experts are hired by the defense. What do they expect? They`re defense experts. The no-nonsense judge well, quickly put the fight to rest. He ruled the prosecution will only get the cold hard facts that these expert witnesses have dug up. If they want to know where these experts are being taken out to dinner, he says, hey, ask them yourselves when you depose them.

The judge also made a very shocking announcement. DNA testing on the shorts little Caylee was wearing the night she was murdered. Plus a laundry bag -- crucial laundry bag found in the woods near her body. DNA testing on those items will be complete in 45 days. What will those DNA tests prove?

Straight out to my fantastic expert panel, we begin with Mark Eiglarsh. First of all, I`m wondering, this poor child`s body was found in December 2008. Why are we still waiting 45 days for the DNA test results on clothing that was found with her to come in? And what could --
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/29/ijvm.01.html

Obviously if there is no trace of DNA for Caylee and something comes up for RK he would be ruled out because he found the remains. The shorts were in the trash bag so there should be Caylee's DNA found on them. If no DNA found from Caylee it would lead you to believe no other DNA would be found unless it was from the recovery of her remains. Any jury would make sense of that IMO. jmo

You are right, because RK found Caylee's remains, he could have looked in the bag and touched. But, RK was very definitive in his LE interview. He insisted that he didn't "touch" anything at the remains scene.OCSO pressed him pretty hard too. And RK said that he ONLY used his worker's stick to poke. He specifically said he didn't touch anything.

So, there is opportunity for Casey's defense should RK have not been forthcoming about what he did when he found Caylee's remains.

ICA & George & Cindy were Caylee's caretakers, you'd expect them to dress her, change her diapers, carry and touch the bag that held Caylee's toys. Finding their DNA on Caylee's pants or the ball/laundry bag would not mean anything sinister. After 6 months in the swamp and being wrapped in plastic for days in the trunk of Casey's car their DNA would be degraded and easily contaminated.

Anybody who touched the shorts and bag just before or while they were collected could contaminate them. We know traces of a lab worker's DNA was picked up during less sensitive testing of the duct tape.

I think further DNA testing is a smart move by the defense. It makes it look like ICA is looking for the "real killer" and like she isn't afraid of scientific results. There is no risk. You'd expect to find the mother's DNA on her toddler's clothes or toy bag. Any foreign DNA is an opportunity to point the finger at SOD and also to scream about LE and lab sloppiness (they can't be trusted, they make mistakes...blah, blah, blah).

Articles on the risk of Touch DNA contamination:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/iuatld/ijtld/1998/00000002/00000005/art00012

http://columbiauniversity.us/cu/biology/faculty-data/martin-chalfie/resources/nature-2002.pdf

RK interview (he insists he didn't touch anything except with his stick on page 4):

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4782210/Casey-Anthony--Roy-Kronk-Interview-Transcript-released-March-6

Jolyanna, I do hope that's correct. I somehow recall RK saying he kicked the black bag and a skull rolled out...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Judge Perry also ordered that the defense review of DNA evidence be completed within 45 days. The defense will also be required to give the state a list of witnesses, as a result of the EquuSearch document review, by December 31 and any depositions of those witnesses must be completed by March 2011.

Judge Perry also said that death penalty witnesses will be sealed for now from public release.

Also Monday, the defense said its campaign to discredit former meter reader Roy Kronk, who found Caylee's remains, might have been "premature" and it might be backing off its court argument that Kronk should be investigated as a suspect in Caylee's murder.
Monday's hearing was the second in two months that switched from a simple status conference to a motion hearing that required Casey's attendance.
http://www.wftv.com/news/25921057/detail.html

Justice for Caylee

Would it even matter if DNA from any of the Ant's was discovered on any of the items? I would think not since Caylee lived with these people it would only make sense that their DNA would have the opportunity to find its way to her clothing and to that laundry bag.

Would it even matter if DNA from any of the Ant's was discovered on any of the items? I would think not since Caylee lived with these people it would only make sense that their DNA would have the opportunity to find its way to her clothing and to that laundry bag.

Not in my opinion.

I'd guess that when ICA was "busy" on her phone and computer other familly members pitched in. Caylee's grandparents probably did their share of changing Caylee when potty training accidents happened. Caylee probably crawled up into her grandparent's laps for cuddles and hugs. Plus, I think George and Cindy probably did their share of toy picking up which might include putting balls into the ball bag.

If they can find unknown DNA like the Ramsey case it might raise doubt in the minds of people who don't really understand how DNA is transferred.

But DNA from any, and I do mean any of the known players, means nothing because it could all have occurred in benign circumstance. Even unknown DNA could just be some guy that Casey was in contact with before touching an item, but unidentified DNA would be *somewhat* helpful to the defense.

Marginal in my opinion though.

If they can find unknown DNA like the Ramsey case it might raise doubt in the minds of people who don't really understand how DNA is transferred.

But DNA from any, and I do mean any of the known players, means nothing because it could all have occurred in benign circumstance. Even unknown DNA could just be some guy that Casey was in contact with before touching an item, but unidentified DNA would be *somewhat* helpful to the defense.

As far as Caylee's murderer placing her in a bag that her grandmother or grandfather's dna was found, imo would be less than benign to a jury. It points to the bag originating from the Anthony home, as I suspect the prosecutors will argue with the duct tape.

Plus the laundry bag belonged to someone else prior to the A's. They got it from a neighbor at a tag sale. Shorts? Anyone of KC's friends could have touched the shorts if KC washed them while visiting, or picked Caylee up, etc. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back