2010.11.29 Hearing: RE: Baez Intern Sworn In

Amil

Reaction score
At the 11/29 hearing J.Baez's law intern was sworn in at side-bar. It was lengthy and he raised his right hand and repeated word-for-word what the judge said. It was this which caused KC to crane her neck and smile adoringly. Even though I was there, I do not know the reason he was being sworn in. Does anyone know?

Could he have been giving some type of testimony at the sidebar? I was thinking that sidebar pertained to TES since that is what was immediately discussed once they came back.

Could he have been giving some type of testimony at the sidebar? I was thinking that sidebar pertained to TES since that is what was immediately discussed once they came back.
No, I don't think so. He waited at the podium until that sidebar discussion was finished. Then he was motioned to come forward. He simply raised his right hand and repeated after the judge. Then he was congratulated. The swearing in took quite some time.

I found this article:

http://www.floridabar.org/divcom/jn...e2add2c6e852577d2006bd760!OpenDocument&Click=

This is from the FL Board of Bar Examiners: http://www.floridabarexam.org/public/main.nsf/erf
<snipped>

Who can administer my oath?
If you are authorized to be sworn in, your oath and all information needed to be sworn in will be mailed to you with a letter from the Clerk of the Supreme Court of Florida. You may be sworn in by any judge, notary, or other person authorized to administer oaths of office. It is not necessary to attend an induction ceremony or otherwise travel to Florida to be sworn in.

Where do I send my completed oath?
If you are authorized to be sworn in, you must send your properly executed oath to the board&#8217;s office at 1891 Eider Court, Tallahassee, FL 32399-1750 within 90 days of the letter authorizing you to be sworn in. Your Certificate of Admission will be ordered, at no cost to you, when your properly executed oath is received by the board. Approximately eight weeks is required for preparation of the certificate. Your Certificate of Admission will be sent to you at the address designated in your return letter. Additional certificates may be purchased for $25 each.

When will I receive my bar number and how do I practice law in the meantime?
Once the board has received your executed oath, your name will be forwarded to The Florida Bar&#8217;s membership records department. A membership package containing your bar number will be mailed to you from The Florida Bar, usually within three weeks. In the interim, you may write &#8220;Pending&#8221; on filings requiring your Florida Bar number and you may use the letter from the board acknowledging your oath as proof of your membership. You must use the name you were sworn in under to sign legal documents.

Baez has an Intern? You mean he is teaching someone the correct way to do things? :innocent:
Can you imagine putting that on your resume- I interned with a[n unusual person]...

Baez has an Intern? You mean he is teaching someone the correct way to do things? :innocent:
Can you imagine putting that on your resume- I interned with a[n unusual person]...
The chubby fellow and the girl who sat with Casey during the giggling session come to court together and sit together. I don't know what their roles have been, but it appears the chubby fellow was sworn in yesterday. They sit directly behind Baez while the rest of the lookers-on sit behind the gate.

Kathi B confirms that the intern was sworn in as an attorney, and he is who Inmate Anthony was smiling and giggling about and craning her neck to see at the sidebar.

Part 2
http://www.wftv.com/video/25949991/index.html
RAW VIDEO: Casey Anthony Hearing 11/29 - Part 2 Of 2

11:27 - interns walk in while Ashton talking about Frye Hearing

24:48 - intern goes up to sidebar - KC smiles

25:29 - KC is smiling at him

26:17 - KC craning neck and smiling

26:33 - "Do you solemnly swear ..."

30:58 - he came behind KC and she said "congratulations"

the female atty who sat beside Inmate Anthony is Michelle M whose name is on many of the filings filed by JB

Attachments

• intern 2  1201.jpg
    intern 2 1201.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 116
I think this was the discussion that was going on between KC and the para sitting next to her. As the new attorney walked past her coming back she acknowledged him with a response and after he passed behind her she flipped her eyes up as if she thought he might be "interested" in her. A replacement for Attorney Garcia I would imagine. JMO

Well thanks for clearing that mystery up. One of her "boys" getting sworn in...she really thinks JBs assistants are her very good friends.

Well thanks for clearing that mystery up. One of her "boys" getting sworn in...she really thinks JBs assistants are her very good friends.

At this point they are all she has. All she has control over. After the trial, she won't even have that. jmo

Wow. Someone getting sworn in... really hilarious stuff there. SO much impropriety it boggles the mind.

Well thanks for clearing that mystery up. One of her "boys" getting sworn in...she really thinks JBs assistance are her very good friends.

She bought and paid for them fair and square. They'd be doing exciting DUIs if not for her.

At the 11/29 hearing J.Baez's law intern was sworn in at side-bar. It was lengthy and he raised his right hand and repeated word-for-word what the judge said. It was this which caused KC to crane her neck and smile adoringly. Even though I was there, I do not know the reason he was being sworn in. Does anyone know?

Excellent, confirms exactly what I posted in the hearing thread. I knew it was the male intern she was laughing with.

Pretty sick behaviour in a murder trial but there you go.

I watched the hearing again and you could plainly hear them discussing TES and the searchers at the sidebar at the end of the hearing. I could plainly hear Mason saying (and I paraphrase) "there were 32 searches...but we are not talking about those ones"

Casey wrote a long note to Mason before the hearing ended, Baez was up at the podium talking at this time. In Mason's response to Casey he motioned to the bench with his finger. I'm guessing he was telling her that he would ask for a side bar to discuss the "issue" with the judge. At the end of the hearing Mason takes the piece of paper up to Baez and has a quite word with him. They both sit down and some other things are discussed then Mason flicks at the piece paper again and requests the sidebar. So it was Casey that brought up the issue and requested the sidebar. Casey is driving the "no Caylee there" when the searchers were looking, I have no doubt.

Well, I'm glad she had an attorney being sworn in just for her case (I'm sure she was thinking that when he got sworn in) to distract her from her dead child and the case against her because she killed her child. Even people like her need happy moments, right? *HUGE EYEROLL*

It's so bizarre what she chooses to ignore and what she chooses to be happy about. Yay, another lawyer that can't save you from jail, Casey. At least you'll have someone nice to drool over as you get convicted next year. Congratulations on that!

Excellent, confirms exactly what I posted in the hearing thread. I knew it was the male intern she was laughing with.

Pretty sick behaviour in a murder trial but there you go.

I watched the hearing again and you could plainly hear them discussing TES and the searchers at the sidebar at the end of the hearing. I could plainly hear Mason saying (and I paraphrase) "there were 32 searches...but we are not talking about those ones"

Casey wrote a long note to Mason before the hearing ended, Baez was up at the podium talking at this time. In Mason's response to Casey he motioned to the bench with his finger. I'm guessing he was telling her that he would ask for a side bar to discuss the "issue" with the judge. At the end of the hearing Mason takes the piece of paper up to Baez and has a quite word with him. They both sit down and some other things are discussed then Mason flicks at the piece paper again and requests the sidebar. So it was Casey that brought up the issue and requested the sidebar. Casey is driving the "no Caylee there" when the searchers were looking, I have no doubt.
Well...it could be she's getting ready to set up another "friend"...or requesting her chains off in court. That must have ticked her off royally.
I'd ask "What the heck's the matter with her?"...but already know the answer.

She looks like she's daydreaming of the day she too, graduates from law school (DePaul), passes the bar, and gets sworn in to protect wrongly accused tot moms.

I found this article:

http://www.floridabar.org/divcom/jn...e2add2c6e852577d2006bd760!OpenDocument&Click=

This is from the FL Board of Bar Examiners: http://www.floridabarexam.org/public/main.nsf/erf
<snipped>

Who can administer my oath?
If you are authorized to be sworn in, your oath and all information needed to be sworn in will be mailed to you with a letter from the Clerk of the Supreme Court of Florida. You may be sworn in by any judge, notary, or other person authorized to administer oaths of office. It is not necessary to attend an induction ceremony or otherwise travel to Florida to be sworn in.

Where do I send my completed oath?
If you are authorized to be sworn in, you must send your properly executed oath to the board’s office at 1891 Eider Court, Tallahassee, FL 32399-1750 within 90 days of the letter authorizing you to be sworn in. Your Certificate of Admission will be ordered, at no cost to you, when your properly executed oath is received by the board. Approximately eight weeks is required for preparation of the certificate. Your Certificate of Admission will be sent to you at the address designated in your return letter. Additional certificates may be purchased for $25 each.

When will I receive my bar number and how do I practice law in the meantime?
Once the board has received your executed oath, your name will be forwarded to The Florida Bar’s membership records department. A membership package containing your bar number will be mailed to you from The Florida Bar, usually within three weeks. In the interim, you may write “Pending” on filings requiring your Florida Bar number and you may use the letter from the board acknowledging your oath as proof of your membership. You must use the name you were sworn in under to sign legal documents.

What's the oath, like a dissertation or thesis or..?

She looks like she's daydreaming of the day she too, graduates from law school (DePaul), passes the bar, and gets sworn in to protect wrongly accused tot moms.

:clap: :clap:

And Cindy is sitting at her table in the evening, composing the Guest List for the big graduation party that they will have.

They just won't tell the guests that she won't really be able to get her licience, since she is a convicted felon.....kind of like being a credit "short".

:laugh: :rotfl: :rolling: :laughbounce: :floorlaugh:

POST OF THE DAY!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44