GUILTY OR - Darrick Haaby for soliciting 8yo girl, Tigard, 2009

Missizzy

Reaction score
Listen to the young lady, she knows what's right and what's wrong.

What a horrid man!! And one has to wonder how many times he's been successful. First we have the Wisconsin guy who was obsessed with a 9 year old and here we have Mr. Haaby, pining over an 8 year old. I'm relieved that the step-dad found the email but I have to ask a very pointed question. Why would an 8 year old have email access? My children didn't and my grandchildren don't until they are around 10 (for family notes). Did Haaby think that it was private? Another reason to know all codes and to keep the computer in the family room, parents.

Make sure you read Haaby's denials and rationalizations. Tearful, too.

http://www.oregonlive.com/tigard/in...ison_for_his_pursuit_of_sex_with_a_child.html

Tigard [OR] man gets 20 years in federal prison for his pursuit of sex with a child

"A 35-year-old Tigard man Tuesday received a 20-year sentence in federal prison after he admitted to begging an 8-year-old girl via e-mail for sex.

Assistant U.S. District Attorney Gary Sussman said in the court Tuesday that Darrick Haaby was "relentless" in his pursuit of his friend's young stepdaughter. Haaby and his wife sometimes babysat his longtime friend's two stepdaughters, and when his friend found several inappropriate e-mails to his 8-year-old stepdaughter in October 2009, he called police.

In a pre-sentencing report, Sussman wrote that Haaby sent "message after message" to the girl, asking her to promise that when she was ready to have sex, she would be with him.

"I will never ever try it and stop saying sex," the girl responded in an e-mail, according to court records.

In another response, she wrote, "I DO NOT WANNA HAVE SEX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"....."

more at link

My daughter is 7, and conceptually understands that married people have babies by having sex. She would have no concept of what it meant for someone to say they want to have sex with her. I would have much less restraint than the step dad did.

Thank you Charlie. I agree that most 8 year olds would probably ask mom or dad what this guy was talking about. I know most of us don't think they'd have restraint in a situation like this. I can assure you, though, that when it happens (and it happened to us), you are in such shock that it actually slows your reactions down. That gives you time to consider the best course of action. I think this is why more pedophiles are not immediately killed or maimed by family members. Our reptilian brains lose out to our good sense.

This guy really infuriates me with his excuses and minimization. He says it only happened once? I think not. The documents state, "message after message". I am very sorry that he was abused but he's plenty mature enough to have sought counseling and to have reported the abuse to the authorities. Let's hope that is done now.

I know most of us don't think they'd have restraint in a situation like this. I can assure you, though, that when it happens (and it happened to us), you are in such shock that it actually slows your reactions down. That gives you time to consider the best course of action. I think this is why more pedophiles are not immediately killed or maimed by family members. Our reptilian brains lose out to our good sense.

The father of one of my friend's daughter's friends (confusing!) who was also a neighbor of theirs and very good friends of theirs (vacations together) was inappropriate with their daughter a few years back & she told her mom (my friend). Well, let me tell you that there was nooooooo way on earth she could stop her husband from going to their house, dragging the perv outside & beating the crapola outta the guy! Fortunately she was able to stop him from killing the guy & her husband told the perv you go ahead & call the police because that's exactly what I'm going to do when I get home as I have a couple of things to tell them too. Seems this guy was accused in the past so within a few weeks they were packed up & moved out of the area. Imagine, this guy lived with his wife & daughter & they just pack it up & move on! Makes you wonder about the wife doesn't it.....I pray their daughter is safe & all the little girls in the next neighborhood they move to are safe too. Sick pig!

In one online exchange with the victim, Haaby reminded her of a sexual encounter they'd had at his apartment. For that incident, Haaby pleaded guilty in Washington County Circuit Court to two counts of first-degree sexual abuse.

From the top link...he obviously didn't stop with just begging her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back