Thread: Why wasn't the matress listed in search warrant taken from SY/JY house?

Why wasn't the matress listed in search warrant taken from SY/JY house?

So, in reading through all of the search warrants, and this one:

http://content.news14.com/Zahra%20Warrants/14.pdf

The search warrant specified that the matress at the Hildebran house be taken. Why wasn't it? I understand from the video interview of JY, that it was allegedly his matress, and soiled admittedly by him, after a drunken night. That was his statement. But my question is, if the matress is specifically stated to be seized in the search warrant, why wasn't that done? I didn't think, with a search warrant in place, an officer had any choice. If it's listed, and found, it's seized. if what they take or don't, if it is specifically stated in the search warrant?

Page 6 of the warrant is where the matress is specifically named , and page 7 is where the officer checked the box that no items were seized. We know the officer observed the mattress outside the home, so it was even visible.

Am I missing something here?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Capri For This Useful Post:

Due to reports out tonight, which cite inside sources as claiming the rape story, including the involvement of the two men named in yesterday's documents, is unsubstantiated, we are not digging any deeper into the specifics of the rape allegation at this time, until further notice.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121198"]12.01.10 - Report: Rape Allegations Unsubstantiated at this Time - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    Last edited by WhyaDuck?; 12-02-2010 at 02:16 AM. Reason: typo; add link

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post: