Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MT - Noah Pippin - Last Seen in Montana - 25 Aug 2010

A state medical forensic examiner has determined that the bones found at the base of the Chinese Wall in the Bob Marshall Wilderness Area were not human.

http://www.krtv.com/news/bones-found-not-noah-pippin-s/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

Ex-Marine from Michigan missing since last year

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_19137788

By MARTA HEPLER DRAHOS Traverse City Record-Eagle
    Posted: 10/18/2011 07:21:41 AM PDT
    Updated: 10/18/2011 07:35:58 AM PDT

LAKE ANN, Mich.óNoah Pippin looks out from a photo on his parents' dining room wall, serious in Marine dress uniform. His old dog tags lie atop a guestbook on a nearby table.

The Discovery Channel tv show called "Disappeared" will show Noah's case on February 27.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Have-y...32638076795075
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

False hope in Flathead search for missing soldier

http://www.kaj18.com/news/false-hope...ssing-soldier/

Posted: Dec 28, 2011 5:06 PM by Katy Harris (KAJ News)
    Updated: Dec 28, 2011 9:23 PM

KALISPELL- The Flathead County Sheriff's Department has been tracking missing soldier Noah Pippin's credit card history for signs he's alive for months.

As the mother of an active duty Marine, my heart goes out to the Pippin family. My hope is that Noah is alive & well & healing himself.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Snarky247 For This Useful Post:

http://www.choteauacantha.com/articl...7260917654.txt

A Feb. 27 episode of "Disappeared" on the Investigation Discovery Channel will feature the story of an ex-Marine who was last seen near Salt Mountain in the Bob Marshall Wilderness on Sept. 15, 2010.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

I did watch this episode and it seems as though Noah was walking into the storm on purpose, almost. He clearly made the trip to Montana on purpose, knowingly not checking in with the National Guard for his assignment, as he had researched it in advance. And despite warnings given to him by a family he met in the mountains, the last known people to see him, he went on alone into a storm and was never seen again. His mom felt he may be suicidal as soon as she heard he was missing, which really struck me, since that is usually the last thing a parent would think. And he did make a point of telling others me met along the way that he was armed. Very sad...he had already been to war in Irag, been an LAPD, but was very depressed when he quit the police force.
    Just my opinion, of course.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyBenton For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know if and where his rental car was found? Also, has anyone considered that he might have been headed to Canada for whatever reason, due to it's proximity to where he was last sighted?

The rental car was returned to the rental company's office at the Kalispell airport [by Noah] IIRC.
    "I protested that context matters, and he said it did not. He said, 'If you stepped on my foot and you did it by accident, it would not hurt less than if you did it on purpose.' I thought that was ignorant of course, because hurting someone purposely is very different than accidental harm.

But Iíve come to see that there is, in fact, truth in that statement, and that truth is simply this:

YOUR context doesnít matter."

~ April Winchell http://www.regretsy.com/

Parents Search For Answers In Case Of Missing Marine

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2012/08/1...missing-marine

Monday, August 13, 2012
    BY: ALEX ASHLOCK

Itís been nearly two years since Noah Pippin disappeared into the Bob Marshall Wilderness in Montana, but people are still haunted by it because he hasnít been seen since.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Have you seen Noah Pippin?

The Lewis and Clark County Sheriff's Department will go in to search for Noah in the Bob Marshall Wilderness on Wednesday the 22nd! They will be assisted by several other agencies and departments for the week long opperation. For those of you who pray we'd appreciate prayer for new details to come out, as well as smooth cooperation between all the agencies involved!
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

New wilderness search to be made for missing hiker

http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...c5de3df83.html

28 minutes ago ē By ANGELA BRANDT Independent Record

Lewis and Clark County officials along with others will once again venture into the Bob Marshall Wilderness to search for a Marine who went missing in 2010.

Remains found believed to be missing marine

http://www.abcmontana.com/news/local...167389555.html

By Sarah Gravlee
    Story Published: Aug 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM MDT
    Story Updated: Aug 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM MDT

MISSOULA - Search crews say they may have found the remains of a U.S. Marine who was last seen in the Bob Marshall Wilderness in 2010.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Thank you for posting this! I often wondered about him after watching seeing him on Disappeared. My heart breaks for his family.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Masterj For This Useful Post:

Remains found in Montana wilderness area where Iraq war veteran was last seen in 2010

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...d67_story.html

By Associated Press, Published: August 24

KALISPELL, Mont. ó Human remains have been found in the Bob Marshall Wilderness in northwest Montana, where a team has been searching for an Iraq war veteran who disappeared two years ago, a sheriff said Friday.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Parents thankful that Noah Pippin's remains found, offer gratitude to searchers

The body of missing soldier Noah Pippin was flown out of the Bob Marshall Wilderness on Saturday.

Pippin's parents Mike and Rosalie have been staying in the Flathead Valley during the search for their son.

"We are grateful to have closure after two years. Our mystery is solved," Mike said.

[snip]

Searchers found a firearm with matching serial numbers to Pippin's pistol, a Pippin family photo, a card, and clothing in the area.

"That made a pretty strong identification, and so they just have to wait for a little bit more to make that 100 percent," Rosalie said.

More: www.krtv.com/news/parents-thankful-that-noah-pippin-s-remains-found-offer-gratitude-to-searchers/

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

My sincere condolences go out to the Pippin family. I am bowled over that against incredible odds, Noah's remains were found.

RIP Noah and thank you for your service to our country.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oceanblue For This Useful Post:

RIP Noah

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monicafussy For This Useful Post:

I extend my condolences to his family and wish they could have had a better outcome!! RIP devil dog!!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shamrocker99 For This Useful Post:

Sheriff will trek into wilderness for key evidence in Pippin death

[snip]

The search team will head to the location Pippin was found along Burnt Creek, which is a 2 and-a-half day hike from the South Fork Trailhead. While the Sheriff will not share what the evidentiary item is they're look for, he will say this:

"There is some question about the cause of death. That's the coroner's job. What my job is, is to gather all the evidence to support his conclusion, whatever conclusion he comes up with. This evidence in my opinion is still there and needs to be gathered."

More: http://www.krtv.com/news/sheriff-wil...-pippin-death/

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12