Woman in wheelchair and underwear misses flight at Will Rogers, blames TSA

Joe Friday

Getting the Facts
Reaction score
Woman in wheelchair and underwear misses flight at Will Rogers, blames TSA

A woman in a wheelchair wearing only her bra and panties in hopes of preventing an intrusive search by Transportation Security Administration employees missed her flight Tuesday at Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City.

She said TSA told her she couldn’t board her flight after a lengthy search and questioning.

Tammy Banovac, 52, said she chose to wear her underwear because of an unpleasant experience two weeks ago at airport security. She is typically hand-searched at airports because she uses a wheelchair, she said, and she felt violated by the more invasive searches employed at airports recently.

“If it happened anywhere else, it would have been sexual assault.”

Read more at link: http://newsok.com/woman-in-wheelcha...gers-blames-tsa/article/3519692#ixzz16xvywjTh

I see an appearance on Letterman or Leno in this ladies future.

It certainly captured the attention of everyone here in Oklahoma yesterday.

[video=youtube;4zFi18ioqYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zFi18ioqYk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

That's one scary looking robot...er..lady. Is she doped up? I'd be a little nervous having her on my flight - put some clothes on!

Sorry, but people are just going loopy over a body search. If it makes us safer why moan about it. Too bad they didn't search the underwear guy.

MOO

Mel

That's one scary looking robot...er..lady. Is she doped up? I'd be a little nervous having her on my flight - put some clothes on!

Sorry, but people are just going loopy over a body search. If it makes us safer why moan about it. Too bad they didn't search the underwear guy.

MOO

Mel

I think the reason most people object to this--besides the obvious distaste one has for allowing strangers to grope our 'privates'--is that it does NOT make us safer.

Geez, maybe I'll visit our local airport nekkid.

This is getting crazier by the day.

There are reasons for the searches.
Maybe a change of personnal, to trained people, (LEO) would be better.
imo

Since 911 the government has done a lot of things to give us all a false sense of security.We are not safe,another attack can come at any time.They can search us at the airport all they want but it does not ensure safety.Underneath every passenger plane there is all kinds of cargo, most is not checked as well as people are.

They need to assign an RN or PA to each airport for people that have medical reasons to undergo a body search. Someone with knowledge of their condition. For everyone else they need to stop bit##ing and get on with the scan. Just do it and get on the dam plane. This is getting past the point of being totally stupid. Do they really think after as many people that go through one daily they have time to sit there and ogle the passengers. Good thing they are not military. They would never get away with this kind of crap. You either do it or you sit this one out. Then tell someone with all those shiny things on their shoulders why you were being a jerk. Then the fun begins.

I just created new jobs. LOL

MOO

Mel

:(

I agree on the clothes part: but her constant robot-like movement and wide-eye expression is more than likely a product of whatever medical issue that put her in the wheel chair in the first place. She's not scary... she's handicapped...

Underwear-clad woman at Oklahoma City airport posed for Playboy

The headline-making woman who went through security at the Oklahoma City airport in her underwear appeared in a Playboy magazine pictorial featuring “dental girls” four years after her Arizona dental license was revoked over the death of a child in her care.
---
Banovac appeared in the April 1997 issue of Playboy under her real name as part of a photo spread featuring other women in the dental profession, Playboy spokeswoman Theresa Hennessey confirmed today.
---
When Tammy Banovac tried to pass through security the first time this week, it was caught on video camera and posted to YouTube by San Francisco filmmaker John Maringouin.

Maringouin said he had never seen Banovac before Tuesday, when Banovac was denied boarding by the Transportation Security Administration after security workers detected traces of nitrates on her luggage.
---
Banovac said she does not normally use a wheelchair, but only in airports, when she has to traverse a long distance or when she has to carry something. She would not say why she uses the wheelchair on those occasions, but said she suffers from seizures.
---
Banovac said she was not trying to draw attention to herself or make a scene.

much more here
http://newsok.com/underwear-clad-wo...article/3519982?custom_click=lead_story_title

I just got home from a 10 day visit in Philly thru Dallas...I wasn't scanned or anything out of the ordinary and I travel a lot...My daughter lives there. haha Glad I didn't connect thru OKC ...

Underwear-clad woman at Oklahoma City airport posed for Playboy

The headline-making woman who went through security at the Oklahoma City airport in her underwear appeared in a Playboy magazine pictorial featuring “dental girls” four years after her Arizona dental license was revoked over the death of a child in her care.
---
Banovac appeared in the April 1997 issue of Playboy under her real name as part of a photo spread featuring other women in the dental profession, Playboy spokeswoman Theresa Hennessey confirmed today.
---
When Tammy Banovac tried to pass through security the first time this week, it was caught on video camera and posted to YouTube by San Francisco filmmaker John Maringouin.

Maringouin said he had never seen Banovac before Tuesday, when Banovac was denied boarding by the Transportation Security Administration after security workers detected traces of nitrates on her luggage.
---
Banovac said she does not normally use a wheelchair, but only in airports, when she has to traverse a long distance or when she has to carry something. She would not say why she uses the wheelchair on those occasions, but said she suffers from seizures.
---
Banovac said she was not trying to draw attention to herself or make a scene.

much more here
http://newsok.com/underwear-clad-wo...article/3519982?custom_click=lead_story_title

BBM.....What a load of crap!!! LOL What did she THINK would happen showing up in a wheelchair at the freakin' airport in just her bra and panties??

If I'm defending a hoax-ter's robot-like movements, I'm gonna be ticked...

If I'm defending a hoax-ter's robot-like movements, I'm gonna be ticked...

The dog in her lap...that's an OLD trick.....who's to say it didn't have something shoved up his #ss?

I'm for safety and we adhere to all rules but was slightly disappointed that nothing has changed in all my travels...except we have to take off our shoes...my husband still got by with his ciggie lighter...sigh***

traces of nitrates on her luggage? what does that mean exactly?

oh and only uses a wheelchair in airports, for long distances, or when she has to carry something?

hmm ... I smell something fishy

oh and only uses a wheelchair in airports, for long distances, or when she has to carry something?

Nitrates are present in some types of bombs; ammonium nitrate-based explosives were used in the bomb at the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in (drumroll) Oklahoma City, as a matter of fact.

Don't know about that...my husband has cancer and I have a broken shoulder but we drag our luggage and even try to help other people on the plane getting their overhead luggage out..fishy.. yeah.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberanalyst0303
Back