The Doe Network:
Case File 235UFFL
http://doenetwork.org/cases/235uffl.html
NamUs UP Case 374 https://identifyus.org/cases/374

235UFFL.jpg
235UFFL2.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Female

* The victim was discovered on June 3, 1978 in Collier County, Florida.
* The decedent was in the advanced stages of decomposition.
* Cause of death is the result of blunt force trauma to the head.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 40-60 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"-5'5"; 180 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown hair; eye color unknown.
* Dentals: Available. Her dental work would not have been possible in a small town during the time frame, but possible in a larger city.
She had extensive dental work done on both upper and lower teeth. She had ceramic bridges on most of her teeth. Odontologist estimates that dental work would probably have had been done within two years prior to her death, and she may have still been under the dentist care. Restorative work was of extremely high quality and not capable of being done by the average dentist. It was felt she would have been under the active care of a dentist at the time of her death, possibly with a treatment plan for caps on the upper front teeth and upper right and upper left molar areas.
* Tattoos: None located.
* Clothing: No clothing, jewelry or personal effects located.
* DNA: Available.

Case History
The victim was located in a shallow grave, covered with brush, 1/2 mile south of State Route 84 (Alligator Alley) on State Route 29. (I-175 by present day maps.) in the late afternoon hours of June 3, 1978.

The victim's body was covered with a white substance, which was later analyzed and identified to be hydrated lime or caustic lime, which is used in such things as mortars and cements as well as agricultural purposes.

I wonder if Saunders Cloie Rymer has ever been checked against this Jane Doe.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rymer_saunders.html
rymer_saunders.jpg
235UFFL2.jpg

Her height (5'4") is good (i.e., between 5'0" and 5'5"). Her age (54) is good (40-60 per DoeNet, 45-70 per NamUs). She was quite overweight (200 lbs) as was the UID (about 180 lbs). Her hair color is right. The timeframe is reasonable.

She was last seen en-route to Florida from Cartersville, Georgia. However, the UID was found 275 miles beyond her presumed destination of Brooksville FL.

The big question is what her dental situation was like. It would be an easy rule-in or rule-out if her dentals were known.

I wonder if Saunders Cloie Rymer has ever been checked against this Jane Doe.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rymer_saunders.html
rymer_saunders.jpg
235UFFL2.jpg

Her height (5'4") is good (i.e., between 5'0" and 5'5"). Her age (54) is good (40-60 per DoeNet, 45-70 per NamUs). She was quite overweight (200 lbs) as was the UID (about 180 lbs). Her hair color is right. The timeframe is reasonable.

She was last seen en-route to Florida from Cartersville, Georgia. However, the UID was found 275 miles beyond her presumed destination of Brooksville FL.

The big question is what her dental situation was like. It would be an easy rule-in or rule-out if her dentals were known.
Has this been submitted?

This looks like a viable match. Even with no dental or DNA, it still worth submitting.

I think she was found somewhere along this stretch of road. It's described as "1/2 mile south of State Route 84 (Alligator Alley) on State Route 29. (I-175 by present day maps.)" in Doenet, but I-175 in St. Petersburg is 180 miles north of where routes 84 and 29 meet. The intersection is just south of I-75, however, so I think it's a typo.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...oq=Florida+29,+&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=12&t=m&z=11

It's right off an exit, too, which would lead one to believe the murderer might have been traveling between Naples on the west coast and the Fort Lauderdale area on the east coast.

How was this UID ever found? It sounds like it was buried under soil, then under brush, and off the beaten track. Anyone have any news articles about who found this uid, and what they do for a living?

I am assuming that the lime was to hasten decomposition? Is that what it could be used for?

How was this UID ever found? It sounds like it was buried under soil, then under brush, and off the beaten track. Anyone have any news articles about who found this uid, and what they do for a living?

I am assuming that the lime was to hasten decomposition? Is that what it could be used for?

Yes, or she could have been carried in a vehicle that had been used to haul fertilizer, or concrete, or something like that.

None of the UID websites has any more information than what's posted in this thread. I can't find any newspaper articles about the discovery. It's an area where lots of bodies are dumped :(

Her entry in the Collier County UID database: http://www2.colliersheriff.org/CaseProfiles/CCSOColdCase/CaseProfile.aspx?cid=33&vid=33&i=8

Ruleouts:

Grace M. Canto Reapp 1945 Vermont
Linda Davis 1946 Oklahoma
Helen Vorhees Brach 1911 Illinois

According to this thread a couple of people have submitted the rymer name for investigation as far back as 2006:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t13974.htm

would be great to have an update or rule out on this Rymer lady for this uid!

I would guess they can't rule her in or out because she has so little information to go on -- no DNA, no dentals, no fingerprints. I wonder if that means she doesn't have any family living?

Joyce Lee Kennedy; yesterday someone unknown posted the ViCAP for this Jane Doe to my blog Missing Joyce Lee Kennedy. I remember my mother saying that Joyce had extensive gold dental work, which doesn’t appear to match the description of Jane Doe but I still want to look into this case to rule it out.

Joyce Lee Kennedy – The Charley Project

Missing Joyce Lee Kennedy

Joyce Lee Kennedy

Joyce Lee Sparks Kennedy (1933-1978) - Find A...

Hi Tia, and welcome.

The decedent's information on the Doenet page has a detailed description of her dental work. It sounds like it was ceramic rather than gold but she did have a lot of it. The Doe Network: Case File 235UFFL

Joyce Lee Kennedy, 1978;
I did call the Port of Seattle Police Department this morning and they’re looking into things but since both dental records were available in the system a match most likely would have alerted them sooner. Just in case they will confirm this wasn’t overlooked somehow. Thanks for your help and information.

Joyce Lee Kennedy, 1978;
I did call the Port of Seattle Police Department this morning and they’re looking into things but since both dental records were available in the system a match most likely would have alerted them sooner. Just in case they will confirm this wasn’t overlooked somehow. Thanks for your help and information.

I hope you get an answer soon.

Would you like us to start a Missing Person thread for Joyce Kennedy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back