SC - Louis Wright, 18 mos, hung by ankles, beaten nearly to death, Nov 2010

danisisa

Reaction score
"An 18-month-old boy is in critical condition after Charleston authorities say he was hanged by his ankles in a closet and repeatedly beaten by three teenagers.

Multiple media outlets reported that 16-, 15-, and 14-year-old boys are accused of abusing Louis Wright of Charleston. The child's mother, Shakera Wright, is accused of allowing the beating to occur."

The idiots called it play wrestle. They need to be shot!!:furious::furious:

Functioning reproductive organs don't make one a mother, but it is not even human to watch any living thing be tortured like that and not intervene.

That is beyond sick!!!!!!!! What is WRONG WITH PEOPLE?????????

O.M.G.!!!!!

That poor little baby boy! God please hold him in your loving arms and heal him of this awful abuse inflicted on him by these subhuman monsters!

I think I need to take a break.....

wm

Is ANYONE here not crying now? This is so beyond comprehension. This was torture of a baby boy. My soul hurts.

O.M.G.!!!!!

That poor little baby boy! God please hold him in your loving arms and heal him of this awful abuse inflicted on him by these subhuman monsters!

I think I need to take a break.....

wm

This is so bad. If you all followed the link did you noticed her eyes (hard not to) totally scary. Evil, hateful, yet dead eyed. Burn in hell <modsnip>.
Ditto, waltzing.

i just cannot fathom how anyone would think this is ok. i'm so torn down that not only 1 person, not 2 people, not even 3 people thought this was fine. 4 individuals decided that this was ok. and that the baby did not need medical attention. Funny how it was dad's decision to get him medical help. THe man that wasn't there, didn't know what was wrong, saw that the child needed help. Not the carrier. ( I will not call this worthless piece of ***** a mother) wth is happening to the world :(

This makes me so stinkin' angry. :furious:

My nephew is a little older than him. He's so helpless..and when he cries or hurts himself my heart wrenches- I can't stand the thought of him being hurt.

This may sound..odd(?) to some..but imo cases like these- they should have their baby making parts removed. Honestly. It kills me that some people can't have children of their own, and some of the ones that are lucky enough to be able to, do this kind of stuff.

I really don't feel our laws here really deter people from this sort of stuff. I just don't get it. :banghead:

I have a hard time explaining why I come to WebSleuths to my family. They just don't get it. I have a hard time with understanding why they don't come here. The reason I come here is to try to understand why, WHY, WHY, someone would think it is OK to commit a crime like this one. Something is fundamentally wrong with these people. Even as a child, I would have known this kind of behavior was wrong! What is happening in our society that we have people who participate in this behavior, or ignore it??? I am not a 'stick your head in the sand' kind of girl. I really, REALLY need to understand. My past experience says I will not be able to make sense out of it.... but I refuse to throw in the towel and give up.

I wish these types of crimes against children were splashed across every media across the world. Do we really care what JLO wants for Christmas, or that Jessica is getting married? It seems that's all I see anymore. Well that, and an Obama chia-pet. This world needs to get its act together and start protecting its own. Until then, cases and cases will repeat over and over.

Bless this little one, and my prayers go out to this precious baby boy.

Mel

I really hate to say this, but it's only going to get worse...I have read the end of the Book, and what is happening is only the beginning...

I wish I could go to every thread and post this, but is simply not possible...God help us all...

This is so bad. If you all followed the link did you noticed her eyes (hard not to) totally scary. Evil, hateful, yet dead eyed. Burn in hell <modsnip>.
Ditto, waltzing.

shakerawright_t180.jpg

Dead, like a shark.

Louis Wright, an 18-month-old boy, was fighting for his life in an intensive care unit

the baby had swelling to his face, five fractured ribs, bruises on his back and his left and right torso, as well as lacerations to his spleen, liver and pancreas. Doctors also discovered an old skull fracture that had healed.

Poor little guy had a skull fracture that had healed. This means this baby walked around with a fractured skull, receiving no medical care for it!

I am sure he has endured abuse probably all his life. The only difference this time is that mom became concerned when he "didn't seem playful."

Well who would feel like playing with swelling to their face, five fractured ribs, bruises on their back and left and right torso, as well as laceration to their spleen, liver, and pancreas! :furious:

I feel literally sick - I want to slap that look right off her face -

That is one seriously scary looking woman. You can just see the hate in her eyes. Poor little baby. I hope he will be okay and can look forward to a new life without abuse. I sincerely hope the father was completely unaware and will be able to care for the baby. They better take a very close look at him though.

From the original article...

All of the parts that I have bolded in the 2 sentences listed below from this article is exactly why "mom" deserves an eye for an eye justice in this case...

Really!? Ya didn't see anything wrong!? She took him to the hospital on advice of the child's father!? Who wasn't home at the time. If he is a good man, & I pray that he is, this father & son can hopefully move past this together.

Only 20 years for her!? How about 20 years for her & an extra 20 for her for each of the 3 kids that beat & tortured her baby!!

Wright told the social worker and DSS representative that she was at Varnes' apartment Monday night when he and his friends "play-wrestled" with Louis. She said the friends hit the toddler until she told them to stop and picked him up.

Wright didn't notice anything was wrong until Tuesday morning when Louis woke up and was not playful. His eyes had rolled back. She took him to the hospital on the advice of the baby's father who was not at the home at the time of the alleged abuse.

shakerawright_t180.jpg

Dead, like a shark.

Poor little guy had a skull fracture that had healed. This means this baby walked around with a fractured skull, receiving no medical care for it!

I am sure he has endured abuse probably all his life. The only difference this time is that mom became concerned when he "didn't seem playful."

Well who would feel like playing with swelling to their face, five fractured ribs, bruises on their back and left and right torso, as well as laceration to their spleen, liver, and pancreas! :furious:

Sometimes I ask myself.........who could mate with that to procreate?

I bet the cops wanted to smack that look off of her face.

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - A toddler whom police say was beaten and critically injured by three teenage boys is expected to fully recover.

The Post and Courier of Charleston reported Friday that 18-month-old Louis Wright is being released to his father's sister.

more here

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13701778

=======================
ETA:

Stories about the abuse prompted phone calls and e-mails from readers wanting to help.

Hughey, a personal-injury lawyer and principal of the Hughey Law Firm on Coleman Boulevard, said he decided to set up a fund for Louis after he read the postandcourier.com stories about the case.

"I felt sorry for the little guy," Hughey said. "I've got three little kids of my own, and I wanted to do something that would help him."

Hughey began establishing the fund more than a week ago. He has consulted with social workers at the hospital and with the S.C. Department of Social Services.

Donations to the Louis Wright Fund can be made at any branch office of NBSC Bank, Hughey said. Donations will be used to help defray expenses incurred by the relatives who are caring for the child, Hughey said.

more here

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/dec/17/18-month-old-alleged-abuse-victim-recovering/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back