Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010.12.03 Agreement: No Death Penalty, Life In Prison For Elisa Baker

2010.12.03 Agreement: No Death Penalty, Life In Prison For Elisa Baker

Agreement: No Death Penalty, Life In Prison For Elisa Baker

"HICKORY, N.C. -- Elisa Baker, Zahra Baker’s stepmother, will not face the death penalty or life in prison if she’s convicted in the case under an agreement struck with the district attorney, Eyewitness News has learned."

"A written agreement between Elisa Baker and prosecutors takes the death penalty and life in prison off the table in the case, sources have confirmed to Channel 9. Elisa Baker’s attorney helped her reach the agreement, which calls for her continuing cooperation in the investigation, weeks ago, at a time when investigators were desperately looking for evidence in the case."

more @ link

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/26012582/detail.html

Thoughts?
    Last edited by daisy7; 12-03-2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: change date format
    The Soul is never complete; it's continually in a state of becoming more. That's why you are Forever.

Justice for Stacy Peterson & Kathleen Savio

Find Stacy Peterson|timeline

Life is an Echo. Everything comes back; the good, the evil, the truth, the false. Karma escapes no one.

Every 16 minutes someone dies by suicide.

Make a Difference. Save a Life. Walk in 2014
    Shedding light on the epidemic of suicide by giving survivors a voice.
    http://www.theovernight.org/

pppfffttttttttttttttt.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

*snip** thanks for the link and the info.

A written agreement between Elisa Baker and prosecutors takes the death penalty and life in prison off the table in the case, sources have confirmed to Channel 9. Elisa Baker’s attorney helped her reach the agreement, which calls for her continuing cooperation in the investigation, weeks ago, at a time when investigators were desperately looking for evidence in the case **snip**

No death penalty and no 'life' in prison. Seems the prosecutor got the information he needed and she got her life. Pretty good plea deal. moo mho

Poor Zahra, no life for her!!!!

Last edited by eyes4crime; 12-03-2010 at 06:27 PM. Reason: italics and link
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

OMG! I am speechless!

bellyup is offline "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme. de stal
    Quote Originally Posted by NoeticSoul View Post
    Agreement: No Death Penalty, Life In Prison For Elisa Baker

"HICKORY, N.C. -- Elisa Baker, Zahra Bakers stepmother, will not face the death penalty or life in prison if shes convicted in the case under an agreement struck with the district attorney, Eyewitness News has learned."

"A written agreement between Elisa Baker and prosecutors takes the death penalty and life in prison off the table in the case, sources have confirmed to Channel 9. Elisa Bakers attorney helped her reach the agreement, which calls for her continuing cooperation in the investigation, weeks ago, at a time when investigators were desperately looking for evidence in the case."

more @ link

Thoughts?
    I'm not at all surprised that she made a deal to take the DP off the table. I AM kinda surprised that she got a deal for no first degree murder charges (ala: no life in prison without parole).
    Actually this confirms for me that Elisa ONLY told what she had to tell in order to get a deal ... and I question ANYTHING else that she's "told" to LE.
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.

TY for this update, NoeticSoul!

snipped from link:

In return, sources said, prosecutors agreed not to charge Elisa Baker with first-degree murder, meaning that if she’s convicted, she would not face the death penalty or life in prison without parole.

That’s how the case stands now, but sources told Channel 9 that the prosecutor may be trying to have the agreement tossed out and has asked the attorney general’s office to get involved.

To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

Who protected Zahra? No one!
    Who is protecting EB? Many people!

This really makes me ANGRY!
    My prayers are with Phylicia, Kyron and
    all children who are missing!

BS, she deserves at least life in prison. I can't believe she has the upper hand in all of this!!!! So this must mean that investigators don't know what happened. Soooooo angry right now. MOO

Nooooo!!!!!!

See this kind of thing really really ticks me off. I understand that public defenders are just doing a job, but how could Dubbs sleep at night knowing that she played a huge role in getting a murderer off with a slap on the wrist??? (of course, this is assuming that Elisa is guilty, which I assume wholeheartedly)

I wonder, if the prosecution can maybe prove that some of the things Elisa told them were not entirely truthful, can they say that she didn't hold up her end of the bargain and therefore this little agreement becomes null and void????

Ugh. My stomach is in knots and I am royally ticked off now.

On a positive note... she won't last long in prison anyway. Just my two cents of course.

So, it paid off did it? Shame, can't think of a better candidate for the DP. The thought of this creep woman ever getting out makes me sick, but at her age a decent sentence may turn out to be a life sentence anyway.....here's hoping right?
    Put down the pitchfork and back away from the monitor ..

Seems to me the DA jumped the gun and LE has since found evidence that implicates EB to a further degree than she was willing to admit to.

I can understand removing the DP -but no way do I understand why the DA ever agreed to remove LWOP. Better not say what I think about that.

From Noetic Soul's link (thank you for the link )

In return, sources said, prosecutors agreed not to charge Elisa Baker with first-degree murder, meaning that if shes convicted, she would not face the death penalty or life in prison without parole.

Stinks.
    Racing Doesn't Lie

wow. just wow.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to zoomom For This Useful Post:

And life in prison?

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CarrieBean For This Useful Post:

There will never be true justice for Zahra, not even a legal semblance of justice. WTH?

17. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

So could they give her 50 years, that would do it...

Quote Originally Posted by mymadori View Post
    Nooooo!!!!!!

See this kind of thing really really ticks me off. I understand that public defenders are just doing a job, but how could Dubbs sleep at night knowing that she played a huge role in getting a murderer off with a slap on the wrist??? (of course, this is assuming that Elisa is guilty, which I assume wholeheartedly)

I wonder, if the prosecution can maybe prove that some of the things Elisa told them were not entirely truthful, can they say that she didn't hold up her end of the bargain and therefore this little agreement becomes null and void????

Ugh. My stomach is in knots and I am royally ticked off now.

On a positive note... she won't last long in prison anyway. Just my two cents of course.
    bbm

That's a really good question, mymadori.

I hope one of our legal eagles can answer it.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

20. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to sorrell skye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mymadori View Post
    She will NEVER be in general population. She'll be protected that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    So, it paid off did it? Shame, can't think of a better candidate for the DP.
    I need more than one thanks button for this post.

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bellyup For This Useful Post:

I AM sickened more than I was before..

Adam Baker.. your NEXT. You are the weakest link.

imo
    The Soul is never complete; it's continually in a state of becoming more. That's why you are Forever.

Justice for Stacy Peterson & Kathleen Savio

Find Stacy Peterson|timeline

Life is an Echo. Everything comes back; the good, the evil, the truth, the false. Karma escapes no one.

Every 16 minutes someone dies by suicide.

Make a Difference. Save a Life. Walk in 2014
    Shedding light on the epidemic of suicide by giving survivors a voice.
    http://www.theovernight.org/

So does this mean the most she can be charged with is Life with a possiblity of parole?

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

OK - I expect that the warrants and potential suspects are in the process of being picked up right now! EB Better spill all - completely - without one iota of change or lying in order for this to actually help her. Does anyone honestly think this person is going to be able to NOT lie?

27. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

imo
    Even if Adam did something (and we all know I'm a fence rider)....
    I don't think we'll see any serious charges against him either. The police had to go to her, give her the control (bet she loved that) in order to get the limited information they did. I THINK they are still missing too many pcs for ANY serious charges ... they don't know cause of death, where it occurred, who all was party to it, how it happened, when it happened. Too many question marks.

GAH. GAH. GAH.

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bellyup For This Useful Post:

imo
    I have to agree, they are going to hang someone with this......the public will not have it any other way. If it's not her......Adam's it. She talked first and got the deal, we have seen it before.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

Unreal, I understand the DA taking DP off the table, but no life sentence. That seems odd and unfair to say the least!

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    OK - I expect that the warrants and potential suspects are in the process of being picked up right now! EB Better spill all - completely - without one iota of change or lying in order for this to actually help her. Does anyone honestly think this person is going to be able to NOT lie?
    NO.

Racing Doesn't Lie

33. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to raisincharlie For This Useful Post:

If she thinks for one minute that she would get out on parole shes way more delusional then I thought. The prosecutors most likely assumed that as well. (This is my way of dealing with this).

35. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nort For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast