2010.12.03 Agreement: No Death Penalty, Life In Prison For Elisa Baker

NoeticSoul

When nothing is certain, anything is possible.
Reaction score
Agreement: No Death Penalty, Life In Prison For Elisa Baker

"HICKORY, N.C. -- Elisa Baker, Zahra Baker’s stepmother, will not face the death penalty or life in prison if she’s convicted in the case under an agreement struck with the district attorney, Eyewitness News has learned."

"A written agreement between Elisa Baker and prosecutors takes the death penalty and life in prison off the table in the case, sources have confirmed to Channel 9. Elisa Baker’s attorney helped her reach the agreement, which calls for her continuing cooperation in the investigation, weeks ago, at a time when investigators were desperately looking for evidence in the case."

more @ link

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/26012582/detail.html

Thoughts?

*snip** thanks for the link and the info.

A written agreement between Elisa Baker and prosecutors takes the death penalty and life in prison off the table in the case, sources have confirmed to Channel 9. Elisa Baker’s attorney helped her reach the agreement, which calls for her continuing cooperation in the investigation, weeks ago, at a time when investigators were desperately looking for evidence in the case **snip**

No death penalty and no 'life' in prison. Seems the prosecutor got the information he needed and she got her life. Pretty good plea deal. moo mho

Poor Zahra, no life for her!!!!

Agreement: No Death Penalty, Life In Prison For Elisa Baker

"HICKORY, N.C. -- Elisa Baker, Zahra Baker’s stepmother, will not face the death penalty or life in prison if she’s convicted in the case under an agreement struck with the district attorney, Eyewitness News has learned."

"A written agreement between Elisa Baker and prosecutors takes the death penalty and life in prison off the table in the case, sources have confirmed to Channel 9. Elisa Baker’s attorney helped her reach the agreement, which calls for her continuing cooperation in the investigation, weeks ago, at a time when investigators were desperately looking for evidence in the case."

more @ link

Thoughts?

I'm not at all surprised that she made a deal to take the DP off the table. I AM kinda surprised that she got a deal for no first degree murder charges (ala: no life in prison without parole).
Actually this confirms for me that Elisa ONLY told what she had to tell in order to get a deal ... and I question ANYTHING else that she's "told" to LE.

TY for this update, NoeticSoul!

snipped from link:

In return, sources said, prosecutors agreed not to charge Elisa Baker with first-degree murder, meaning that if she’s convicted, she would not face the death penalty or life in prison without parole.

That’s how the case stands now, but sources told Channel 9 that the prosecutor may be trying to have the agreement tossed out and has asked the attorney general’s office to get involved.

Who protected Zahra? No one!
Who is protecting EB? Many people!

This really makes me ANGRY!

BS, she deserves at least life in prison. I can't believe she has the upper hand in all of this!!!! So this must mean that investigators don't know what happened. Soooooo angry right now. MOO

Nooooo!!!!!!:banghead:

See this kind of thing really really ticks me off. I understand that public defenders are just doing a job, but how could Dubbs sleep at night knowing that she played a huge role in getting a murderer off with a slap on the wrist??? (of course, this is assuming that Elisa is guilty, which I assume wholeheartedly)

I wonder, if the prosecution can maybe prove that some of the things Elisa told them were not entirely truthful, can they say that she didn't hold up her end of the bargain and therefore this little agreement becomes null and void????

Ugh. My stomach is in knots and I am royally ticked off now.

On a positive note... she won't last long in prison anyway. Just my two cents of course.

So, it paid off did it? Shame, can't think of a better candidate for the DP. The thought of this creep woman ever getting out makes me sick, but at her age a decent sentence may turn out to be a life sentence anyway.....here's hoping right?

Seems to me the DA jumped the gun and LE has since found evidence that implicates EB to a further degree than she was willing to admit to.

I can understand removing the DP -but no way do I understand why the DA ever agreed to remove LWOP. Better not say what I think about that.

From Noetic Soul's link (thank you for the link :D)

In return, sources said, prosecutors agreed not to charge Elisa Baker with first-degree murder, meaning that if she’s convicted, she would not face the death penalty or life in prison without parole.

Stinks.

There will never be true justice for Zahra, not even a legal semblance of justice. WTH?

So could they give her 50 years, that would do it...

Nooooo!!!!!!:banghead:

See this kind of thing really really ticks me off. I understand that public defenders are just doing a job, but how could Dubbs sleep at night knowing that she played a huge role in getting a murderer off with a slap on the wrist??? (of course, this is assuming that Elisa is guilty, which I assume wholeheartedly)

I wonder, if the prosecution can maybe prove that some of the things Elisa told them were not entirely truthful, can they say that she didn't hold up her end of the bargain and therefore this little agreement becomes null and void????

Ugh. My stomach is in knots and I am royally ticked off now.

On a positive note... she won't last long in prison anyway. Just my two cents of course.

bbm

That's a really good question, mymadori.

I hope one of our legal eagles can answer it.

I AM sickened more than I was before..

Adam Baker.. your NEXT. You are the weakest link.

imo

So does this mean the most she can be charged with is Life with a possiblity of parole?

OK - I expect that the warrants and potential suspects are in the process of being picked up right now! EB Better spill all - completely - without one iota of change or lying in order for this to actually help her. Does anyone honestly think this person is going to be able to NOT lie?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back