809 users online (112 members and 697 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    wow - I am just at a loss for words here - so many things going thru my mind - like passionflower, I want to know how he charged it - but am also curious as to what they did to him for having it and how long he had it and how come they didn't find it sooner - and like mcdraw, I think guards are likely involved in most of these cases - I also want to know if it was prepaid and if so how did he get more minutes and if not who got the bill - but above all I am amazed that almost 9,000 of them have been found in CA this year alone - how many does that mean aren't found? and while I don't understand technology enough to know about the possibility of scrambling the signal or whatever, it sure seems to me like there should be some way to stop it
    I know that you think you understand what you thought you heard me say, but, I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard me say is not really what I meant to convey.

This article covers it all...(sorry if this is a repeat and it was linked above):

LINK

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    Dang...who'd he call and how the heck did they understand a thing he was saying...

My thoughts exactly! Lol!

Anywho, the LATimes article says inmates in CA can have cellphones. Wow, what a nice State to be in prison.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Well gee it was a 'cell' phone...
    Seriously though, l guarentee he bought from staff or got it from someone else who did.

The article I read (here in CA) says that having cell phones in prison isn't "illegal." No link yet (still looking).

Prison isn't prison any more. Where are the chain gangs? Where is the Fear, of punishment/loss of freedom/separation from loved ones/etc...? Nowhere...They get cable (not me!), three meals (oh, and if they don't like the menu, they sue), the latest sports equipment (wish my son's school did), free education (beyond the 12th grade...college courses...Wish my son could get this without doing a crime!), CELL phones, and lawyers out the ying...It really has become a joke. No JUSTICE for anyone except the violators...

Okay...sorry for my rant But this just adds more icing on my cupcake from HE^&
    Proud WS N-LIB

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    THis is such BS because you can set the jamming to certain ranges so those cell phones used for official biz would be outside the cell block area. *rolls eyes*
    Where I use to work jammed signals but as soon as you opened the door to leave cell would work fine.This is just an excuse IMO.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    He could have been talking to the Squeakster - Lynette Fromme was released on parole in 2009 and is said to have moved to Marcy NY.
    She is the very first person I thought of when I heard about this.

Prisons and jails have become country clubs.
    Nice to know Charlie has all his freedoms in there. Some on
    the outside don't even have access to a cellphone.

I don't even want to think about what he could have been
    talking about on the calls.

Goz

Prisoners and supplies coming into those units are searched, but inmates sometimes hide devices in their body cavities, officials said.

Dayummm...that's gotta hurt!

I am really surprised how critical everyone is about prisons. I assume not one of you have been in prison or have anyone in prison.

jmo, but we have to remember that down underneath their crime, is a human being, with emotions just like you and I.

Would you want your loved one in such a prison that you describe? You never know what is in store for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by angelwngs View Post
    http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...rison-mattress

Link tells that officials found a cell phone under Charles Manson's mattress... He had made phone calls to people in several states... The article goes on to say that it is becoming so widespread for prisoners to obtain & use cell phones that officials are having a horrible time enforcing laws to prevent it...
    I read this a few days ago, and I was wondering how can that be?
    I was also wondering if he is giving anyone out there marching orders to kill others?
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Never mind the cell phone. Why is this "man" still breathing? Way past his time.
    EXACLLY..... TAKE AWAY HIS PHONE GIVE HIM A NEEDLE.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2