GUILTY LA - Taylor Adams, 15, beaten to death in her LaPlace home, 5 Dec 2010

'Ailina

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
This is apparently the second *death of a young lady in the same neighborhood within the past three months.

tayloradams1.jpg

http://www.wwltv.com/news/crime/15-...in-LaPlace-earl-Sunday-morning-111347709.html

15-year-old LaPlace girl found beaten to death in bed
by Monica Hernandez / Eyewitness News

Posted on December 5, 2010 at 11:22 AM

LAPLACE, LA – A woman returning home from a night at work as a security guard found her 15-year-old daughter beaten to death in her own bedroom early Sunday, a discovery that shocked and stunned a quiet neighborhood and had friends of Taylor Adams grasping for answers.

“I was shocked,” said Marcus Wren, a friend. “I didn’t believe it at first.”

Adams had spent the night alone in the home occupied by her and her mother in the 2500 block of Yorktown Drive. Her mother worked the night shift, coming home at around 6:30 a.m. Sunday and making the grisly discovery.

The two had last talked just the night before around 9 p.m.

Deputies said Adams was found bloodied and unresponsive. They say she was beaten to death in her own bedroom and that there was no sign of forced entry to the home, no sign of robbery and no evidence that she had been sexually assaulted.

“That’s her only child,” exclaimed neighbor Mary Fortado. “She’s been through a lot with her, raising her by herself. It’s sad.”

Adams was a student at Riverside Academy. The school issued a statement talking about the loss and asking for privacy for the students and Adams’ relatives.

They said grief counselors would be on hand Monday for anyone who needs to talk.

Neighbor Addie Tezeno said Adams’ mother is now staying with other family members.

“It was like it was happening in my house,” she said. “We’re close. It could have been one of mine.”

“I'm ready to move,” exclaimed Fortado. “You don't see stuff in this neighborhood like that. It's just a quiet neighborhood.”

Fortado said she saw Adams late Saturday night, walking to her house with one of her friends.

Fortado said it's the second death in the neighborhood in three months - a 17-year-old girl was found dead in a nearby canal in September.

“It's early on in the investigation,” said St. John Parish spokesman Dane Clement, “We still have a lot of unanswered questions”.

Looks like there is an age discrepancy between the above report and an article published by the same news crew earlier this month.

http://www.wwltv.com/home/Police-No...h-of-19-year-old-LaPlace-woman-104095964.html

According to the article, there appeared to be no signs of foul play in the death of Courtney Carroll (first victim reported). Narcotics were found in her system, but further toxicology results are still pending.

It may be coincidence, but I find it suspicious these two deaths occurred so close together in time and proximity.

In the map below: Marker A on the map shows the 2100 block of Greenwood Drive, the road CC lived on. The yellow marker shows the 2500 block of Yorketown Drive, the road TA lived on. The article doesn't specify whether CC was found in the east or west canal, but the nearest canal to her home runs directly between the two locations.

laplace1.jpg

I saw this on my local morning news this morning. HORRIBLE.

Thanks for starting the thread.

So the neighbor saw the victim coming home from walking her dog about 11:30p.m., accompanied by a friend.

Guess the next thing is, who was this friend?

Very sad story. Such a beautiful young girl.

This was the mom's only child. To come home and find your child like that must be horrifying.

Prayers to her mom,

fran
:rose:

GB this mother. I hope LE finds the that did this.

Small update...

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Police-follow-leads-in-teens-beating-death-111391544.html

Police follow leads in teen's beating death
wwltv.com

Posted on December 6, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Updated today at 12:25 PM

LAPLACE, LA – Investigators are looking in to a number of leads and information in the death of a 15-year-old girl who was found beaten and bloodied in her bed in her home early Sunday.

The mother of Taylor Adams found the Riverside student when she returned home from working a job as a security guard overnight.

Deputies said the mother had last spoken to her daughter late Saturday night. The teen was home alone.

Grief counselors are on hand at the Riverside Academy campus. The school said they started the day with a formal assembly to discuss the facts and to let students know they could receive counseling.

http://www.lobservateur.com/articles/2010/12/06/news/breaking_news/doc4cfbd619388fa034116672.txt

St. John authorities probe Homicide Sunday

By ROBIN SHANNON
Published/Last Modified on Monday, December 6, 2010 8:59 AM CST

LAPLACE – Authorities in St. John the Baptist Parish have started a homicide investigation Sunday after a 15-year-old LaPlace girl was found dead inside her home.

The girl’s mother, Gaylyn Adams, called deputies at about 6:30 a.m. Sunday when she found her daughter, identified by the coroner as Taylor Adams, unresponsive in her bedroom, said Capt. Dane Clement, public information officer for the Sheriff’s Office.

Clement said the mother told deputies when she returned home from work she found her daughter lifeless and covered in blood. The mother said she had not spoken to her daughter since 9 p.m. Saturday.

Clement said evidence at the scene indicated the victim sustained blunt force trauma to the head. He said detectives suspect the incident took place sometime after 1 a.m. Sunday. The girl, who attended school at Riverside Academy in Reserve, was home alone at the time of the incident and there were no signs of forced entry.

Any one with information regarding this incident should call the St. John Sheriff’s Office at 985-652-6338 or Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111.

Thank you so much for the update links, Salem. These slim articles are the only positive thing about this case right now.

I'm disheartened, shocked, and disgusted the hasn't been apprehended or even identified yet. I guess I felt sure they'd have the perp in custody by now.

God forbid this is a random homicide.

This is my town...

The two cases ARE NOT related by any means.

Courtney, the 19 yr old, overdosed. She had past history of drugs and such. She went for a jog with her dog and the dog returned home & she didn't. When found the next morning in a canal not too far from home, she was wearing different clothing & showed no sign of trauma.

My opinion on this...

It probably was not random. Not in that particular location & also with the way it went down. Word is that they are checking her FB account and possibly the things posted there. They are thinking the crime happened between 1am-6am ... her mom arrived home some where around 615am & police were there by 630am.

Thanks for the input, CajunGirl. How is LaPlace holding up? I've been reading grief counselors are on hand at the school. I can't imagine how fearful the neighborhood must be right now. And that makes me angry, because we shouldn't have to fear for our safety in our own homes.

Please keep us updated if you come across anything new!

Also... just looking at what was posted by the news earlier ... this statement...

Deputies said Adams was found bloodied and unresponsive. They say she was beaten to death in her own bedroom and that there was no sign of forced entry to the home, no sign of robbery and no evidence that she had been sexually assaulted.

This is also NOT what we were told.

Also... just looking at what was posted by the news earlier ... this statement...

This is also NOT what we were told.

BBM...Oh nooo. :(

Thanks for the input, CajunGirl. How is LaPlace holding up? I've been reading grief counselors are on hand at the school. I can't imagine how fearful the neighborhood must be right now. And that makes me angry, because we shouldn't have to fear for our safety in our own homes.

Please keep us updated if you come across anything new!

It's insane. A lot of people are on edge. Things like this don't usually happen here. Sure, there are drugs, gangs, murders, etc... but not like this. Usually the murders are drug & gang related.

I graduated from the same small private school that Taylor attended. Although I've been out of school for years, the same faculty & family names are associated with the school. I know they will do everything they can to inform the students & protect them. The school is from Pre K-3 to 12th grade. Everyone literally knows everyone.

I've noticed that the media is putting out info that is different than the info that some of us have received from family members of Taylor. That could very well be on purpose or they may be posting what they are being told.

Sheriff Jones has also said that this subdivision is safe. That's not true. This subdivision has a lot of problems. A lot of crime. Others have been killed there but it's generally gang or drug related. Sad situation... In the area that Taylor lived, is off of the main road. It runs parallel to the main road & is accessible multiple ways. Her home was located in the circle of the street. I've posted the link below to her actual home location... it's the junction of Yorktowne & Plymouth

28s6joy.jpg

CajunGirl, thank you for the insight! I'm so sorry this tragedy is hitting home for you. Gosh, you share the same alma mater with this poor child.

Yes, I, too, got the feeling LE was keeping some info close to the vest. The journalist's report in the video just seemed too clean, cut, and dried.

Thanks for the map! Her house being where it is, would you think it might get a lot of thru-traffic? I see how accessible it is. Makes me wonder where Taylor was walking home from that night. I hope plenty of people saw her. Sounds like LE really needs the leads.

CajunGirl, thank you for the insight! I'm so sorry this tragedy is hitting home for you. Gosh, you share the same alma mater with this poor child.

Yes, I, too, got the feeling LE was keeping some info close to the vest. The journalist's report in the video just seemed too clean, cut, and dried.

Thanks for the map! Her house being where it is, would you think it might get a lot of thru-traffic? I see how accessible it is. Makes me wonder where Taylor was walking home from that night. I hope plenty of people saw her. Sounds like LE really needs the leads.

That particular area has potential of seeing a lot of traffic if people use that section of Yorktowne to enter Cambridge subdivision from Riverlands subdivision. The canal behind her house is another way. Whoever did this could have gotten in without anyone knowing. The neighbor has security cameras but unfortunately they weren't recording.

That particular area has potential of seeing a lot of traffic if people use that section of Yorktowne to enter Cambridge subdivision from Riverlands subdivision. The canal behind her house is another way. Whoever did this could have gotten in without anyone knowing. The neighbor has security cameras but unfortunately they weren't recording.

I'm thinking the perp was on foot, would this make sense? Doesn't seem like there would be an inconspicuous place to park.

I wonder if it's possible to cross the canal from the west side on foot.

I'm thinking the perp was on foot, would this make sense? Doesn't seem like there would be an inconspicuous place to park.

I wonder if it's possible to cross the canal from the west side on foot.

Yes...

here is the bridge over the canal .. when you go down Newport, you cross the bridge and come to a stop sign. That stop sign you either have to make a left or right...that is Yorktowne Dr. She lives all the way to the left until you are forced to make a right.

14uusfn.jpg

Here is coming from Newport over the bridge to Yorktowne (Cambridge subdivision)

21azcie.jpg

Here is a pic of the bridge and canal. This direction is from Newport facing the canal behind her home.

34y7hc6.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back