1036 users online (203 members and 833 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Do you have a stun gun

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have a stun gun in my home

24 9.49%
  • I do not have a stun gun in my home

46 18.18%
  • I know someone personally who has a stun gun in their home

16 6.32%
  • I do not have one or know anyone who has one but im going to get one

8 3.16%
  • I do not have one and I do not know anyone who does

100 39.53%
  • I do not have one nor do I believe I know anyone who does.

59 23.32%

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you have a stun gun in your home as the Bakers did

Just curious who owns a stun gun since one was found in the bakers home. Im thinking they are not too common in peoples homes but someone on the other thread stated she had one along with her mother, so may be more common then i would have assumed.

No stun guns here...but I bet I could "stun" an intruder real good with my shotgun.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    I've had one since before they were "main stream". I don't believe in guns - only because I had a horrible "event" in my early years as a babysitter. Watching an 18 mo old, 5 yr old and 7 yr old. 5 yr old got a hold of one of daddy's gun and literally held us all hostage for a couple of hours. Needless to say, it traumatized me so much I won't have a gun gun in my house. Through the years someone told me (and gave me) a taser for protection.

I also have a Red Ryder Daisy BB gun rifle and we have a grand ole time shooting cans out back.

But as for real guns - nope, not in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I've had one since before they were "main stream". I don't believe in guns - only because I had a horrible "event" in my early years as a babysitter. Watching an 18 mo old, 5 yr old and 7 yr old. 5 yr old got a hold of one of daddy's gun and literally held us all hostage for a couple of hours. Needless to say, it traumatized me so much I won't have a gun gun in my house. Through the years someone told me (and gave me) a taser for protection.

I also have a Red Ryder Daisy BB gun rifle and we have a grand ole time shooting cans out back.

But as for real guns - nope, not in my house.
    I hear ya, Owl. It's a must where I live, though. I do not want to have to get close enough to a bear or rabid raccoon to stun gun them.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Stun guns are considered a prohibited weapon here in Canada. Only LE are allowed to have them. So, no I don't have one.

List of Restricted and Prohibited Firearms
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/rp-eng.htm

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton

Also as a Canadian, I have a baseball bat only...and I'm not even sure I'm supposed to have that.

No stun gun, but a few real guns (I have a house full of hunters). They are all locked in a gun cabinet except one. And it has a trigger lock and is kept out of kids sight and reach.

Stun guns can be bought at flea markets in n.c.

my 13 year old niece texted me last week and asked if I knew where to buy a stun gun. (yes, I let my brother know about that particular request).

I would never think of having a stun gun around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
    Also as a Canadian, I have a baseball bat only...and I'm not even sure I'm supposed to have that.
    Canadian here also. Definatly no guns of any kind in the house. I have a question though, Is it legal to have a stun gun in the state of NC ?

No stun gun here. I do have a shot gun, pepper spray, bb gun and a few paint ball guns.

I used to have a .357 back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by dar107 View Post
    Canadian here also. Definatly no guns of any kind in the house. I have a question though, Is it legal to have a stun gun in the state of NC ?
    North Carolina - Legal

Unlawful to carry stun gun in a concealed manner punishable as a Class 2 misdemeanor (14-269)
    § 14-269.2. Weapons on campus or other educational property.
    (c) It shall be a Class I felony for any person to cause, encourage, or aid a minor who is less than 18 years old to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, any gun, rifle, pistol, or other firearm of any kind on educational property. However, this subsection does not apply to a BB gun, stun gun, air rifle, or air pistol.
    (d) It shall be a Class 1 misdemeanor for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, any BB gun, stun gun, air rifle, air pistol, bowie knife, dirk, dagger, slungshot, leaded cane, switchblade knife, blackjack, metallic knuckles, razors and razor blades (except solely for personal shaving), firework, or any sharp-pointed or edged instrument except instructional supplies, unaltered nail files and clips and tools used solely for preparation of food, instruction, and maintenance, on educational property.
    (e) It shall be a Class 1 misdemeanor for any person to cause, encourage, or aid a minor who is less than 18 years old to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, any BB gun, stun gun, air rifle, air pistol, bowie knife, dirk, dagger, slungshot, leaded cane, switchblade knife, blackjack, metallic knuckles, razors and razor blades (except solely for personal shaving), firework, or any sharp-pointed or edged instrument except instructional supplies, unaltered nail files and clips and tools used solely for preparation of food, instruction, and maintenance, on educational property.

Stun guns allowed to be carried openly by felons (14-415.1)

http://www.beststungun.com/stun-gun-laws.html

Quote Originally Posted by dar107 View Post
    It is legal to own a stun gun in the state of NC, but you can not carry them concealed.

http://www.beststungun.com/stun-gun-laws.html

As I posted in the other thread, I have one! I just got an upgraded leopard print one for my birthday. :-) We have guns too, but I'm not quite comfortable with them since DH has not taken me to the shooting range yet! So, I rely on my handy dandy stunner.

OK, so I will spill my beans about my stun gun. My Mother became quite paranoid after her husband passed away and wanted something for protection in her home. She contacted a police officer friend who helped her order 2 stun guns (circa 1988) when they were only available to LE. Mom came to visit on the airplane, bringing the stunguns along in tow in her luggage. This was before the whole airport security started in full swing, so I guess bringing a weapon onboard an airplane was not that big of a deal back then. As I am picking my Mother up from the airport, to my horror she hears the high pitch sound of the charged up stun gun that only needs a button to push to begin sending electrifying and painful wattage arching across two electrodes. Of course, there are two stun guns in her bag and at least one of them is "armed" and ready to go off. We stopped a security officer (now affectionately known as TSA) and explained our dilemma. He opened the bag, found the stun gun that had been switched to the "On" position and was able to turn it off for us. No harm, no foul. We left the airport, putting the stun guns in our purses in the off position.

I have taken it on long car trips before, and have twice set it next to the front door when there was suspicious activity going on outside. I check it about twice a year, by turning it on and making sure it will still work, and dusting it off. I have never used it on anything and only have it for (mostly my Mother's) peace of mind.

I, like Wiseoldowl, have a tremendous aversion to actual guns but I also have a Red Rider BB gun (which was my husband's as a child). I also have the original advertising for Red Rider BB guns - just for fun.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast