1509 users online (324 members and 1185 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Do you have a stun gun

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have a stun gun in my home

24 9.49%
  • I do not have a stun gun in my home

46 18.18%
  • I know someone personally who has a stun gun in their home

16 6.32%
  • I do not have one or know anyone who has one but im going to get one

8 3.16%
  • I do not have one and I do not know anyone who does

100 39.53%
  • I do not have one nor do I believe I know anyone who does.

59 23.32%

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    In Australia it's illegal to have any type of weapons in the house unless they're registered collectors pieces, or used for a specific purpose. To own a gun, you would need to be a farmer on the land, be a member of a shooting club (I've only known military people in these and have never seen a club), or a biathlon athlete. Stun guns in houses? Freaky bad! Even our police have been going through a difficult 12 months determining whether they should carry or have access to stun guns, as they're seen to be so unreliable and have the potential to kill. I realise we 'down under' are very mild, and have different attitudes to our "rights", but it seems to me if you need a stun gun in your house that you're living in fear. I can't comprehend how AB would want one nearby given his cultural background.

I guess it could be called a stun gun. I have a tazer - it looks like this

http://www.marieclaire.com/world-rep...ser-pink-women

Does a stun gun leave a mark on one's body, similar to a burn or is there no mark at all?

from what I have seen in the debate over Jon Benet (speculating about whether or not she was tasered), plus other information I have seen, it does leave marks. They look like snake bites, with two round burns.

See this article for a picture: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/...cmp-taser.html

Quote Originally Posted by myzzy View Post
    Just curious who owns a stun gun since one was found in the bakers home. Im thinking they are not too common in peoples homes but someone on the other thread stated she had one along with her mother, so may be more common then i would have assumed.
    I do not have one, and hope I'll never want one. I don't know anyone who has one. (Same status as a handgun -- don't have; don't want. But that's not the topic here...)

Somehow I missed the news abut the Bakers having one. When did this info come out? (How did I miss it?)

That just gives me chills and shakes. I have already imagined EB with the prosthesis in her hand as a weapon against that little girl; but now I have to imagine that b**** with a stun gun. Oh, my heart aches as my imagination goes to a horrible place. Please no.

Drawn & quartered is also in my imagination... both of 'em, JMHO.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

I believe it usually leaves marks...and like any other weapon...should never be used unless in fear of loss of life. This type of weapon is used close up and would not be advisable for women.

It is a matter of choice as in everything. I grew up around guns and hunters and military people. Saftey is key to me. I haven't been invited to shoot skeets again since I took my .357 and my 22 target pistols and hit almost every one. I was the only girl here in gun club for a long time. Shot 38s thru the 357, cheaper at the time.
    JMO, MOO, Doing my best. I am not perfect and I don't expect you to be either.

Quote Originally Posted by Peazzzer View Post
    It is a matter of choice as in everything. I grew up around guns and hunters and military people. Saftey is key to me. I haven't been invited to shoot skeets again since I took my .357 and my 22 target pistols and hit almost every one. I was the only girl here in gun club for a long time. Shot 38s thru the 357, cheaper at the time.
    Peazzer - I use guns hunting...and target practice...but never point anything at someone unless I am threatened and plan to shoot. Grew up around them myself...tasers however, too close for me...no knife as a weapon...use it to gut deer though. I am using a weapon that keeps the subject at a respectful distance from my person. LOL

I bought one on ebay a couple of years ago but alot of good it will do be along with the pepper spray in a camera case. I never think about it, havent used it and hope I never have to.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIPERTEK-PIN...item3a7f8aa174
    This is like the one I have. Id say if the sparks dont scare the hell out of them one better be able to run real fast.
    Mine was about $25 when I bought it. Much cheaper now.

I did not have one. Never thought to have anything and in my stupidity, never thought I would be in a position to need anything. Last week a guy in a hoodie approached our table while sitting at my favorite Coffee Place. Now this all happens in seconds. I did put my cane up but found I have no capacity to swing it and hurt someone. He stole my new Android Cell Phone off our table which I had had for four days. It's a pain replacing the numbers and closed caption capabilities but with diligence it can be done. Fortunately, I don't use a Cell Phone to handle my life but my PC. My carrier turned off the phone immediately, however, he will probably sell it for parts. Had two insurances on the phone and in the end made $200 dollars and phone replacement at $100.00. The end of the story is I am now the proud owner of Pepper Spray which I think I can use and a Taser. I found my self unable to inflict damage with a cane.

No stun gun.

Canadian.

I'd just toss a pail of water over the perp and watch him freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by musicaljoke View Post
    No stun gun.

Canadian.

I'd just toss a pail of water over the perp and watch him freeze.
    That's hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Do you have a stun gun in your home as the Bakers did

Forgive me, I'm an Aussie!!

Stun gun...

Are you meaning a captive bolt gun used for stunning animals in abbatoirs prior to them being slaughtered??

Don't have one of those (used to when lived on farm) however grew up in a house that probably had at least 6 rifles and 6 pistols at any given time...

Daddy was a pistol shooter, and the rifles were for hunting or farmers euthanasia (as I call it)

I have recently just shot a captive bolt at school, as part of my studies and over here in AUS they're actually legal without a gun licence and can hurt a great deal, we actually thought it was pretty disgusting that stun/captive boys don't fall under the firearms licensing or firearm laws here

I don't personally don't see a need (in my current lifestyle) for guns as protection, I have chef knives and an over protective ridgeback... If you get through the ridgeback in one piece... Your welcome to take what you like...

Hahahaha no one yet has been able to get past the ridgeback he's a beast and amazing
    Last edited by ceecee30; 07-18-2015 at 06:39 PM. Reason: spelling
    SA Hospital Liason Officer @ Yasminah's Gift of Hope

Supporting Parents of Premature Birth & Sleeping Angels

www.ygoh.org.au

Guess i'll be the exception. I have a stun baton, a handheld stun gun in my truck, and concealed carry license. Also carry multiple size horse whips which hurt like hell when handled properly. Collecting rent in a 'not so good area', all i had to do was make the baton crackle... they all scattered. And yes, i would be prepared to use it. I'm actually more comfortable with something like that since i handle horses than I would be pulling a gun and shooting someone. That would be my first defence to go. Then once down, if they get back up, gun will be ready. That would be if they make in in the house past my 150lb dobie. :-)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7