Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: VA - AMBER Alert! - Brittany Mae Smith, 12, Salem, 2 Dec 2010

VA - AMBER Alert! - Brittany Mae Smith, 12, Salem, 2 Dec 2010

Missing From: Salem, VA
    Missing Date: 12/02/2010 12:00 AM
    Issued for: Virginia: Statewide
    Contact: If you have information, please contact Roanoke County Police Department, 540-777-8641
    Circumstances: Child was last seen at 3341 Fort Lewis Cr, Salem, Virginia. May be traveling in a 2000 SUV Chevrolet , Red , Virginia tag XPR-4366. P.S. Victims mother's vehicle is missing, suspect may be in it Silver 2005 Dodge 4d sdn VA-XKF2365. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Roanoke County Police Dept at 1-540-777-8641 or Virginia State Police at 1-800-822-4453.

Missing Child
    Name: Brittany Mae Smith
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Skin Color: White
    Height: 5FT
    Weight: 100LBS
    Description: Straight hair

Source: http://www.wset.com/Global/story.asp?S=13624203

Suspect
    Name: Jeffrey Scott Easley
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Skin Color: White
    Weight: 265LBS

Vehicle Information
    Make: Dodge
    Model:
    Color: Silver
    Interior Color:
    License State: VA
    License Text: XKF2365

Make: Chevrolet
    Model:
    Color: Red
    Interior Color:
    License State: VA
    License Text: XPR-4366

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/servlet/AmberServlet
    Last edited by LLLindsayy; 12-06-2010 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks Lindsay! I couldn't figure out how to start a thread...

I hope Brittany is found, safe, very soon!
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:

I can't believe how long she has been missing for already. What's up with the delayed alert?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LLLindsayy For This Useful Post:

From WDBJ7 FB page:

Here's info from state police: Virginia State Police Brittany Mae Smith was last seen Dec. 2. Roanoke Co. Police were not aware of her missing until today - Dec. 6 - and then immediately contacted VSP so we could issue the AMBER Alert. Jeffrey Easley is not her father, but an acquaintance of her mother. - VSP Public Relations Office
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj-amber...,5737411.story

Police issued the Amber Alert after police found the body of a female inside the home on Fort Lewis Circle. Authorities have identified the woman as 41-year-old Tina Smith.

Police say the victim's mother's vehicle is missing, suspect may be in it. It's a Silver 2005 Dodge 4d sdn VA-XKF2365.

Police issued the Amber Alert after police found the body of a female inside the home on Fort Lewis Circle. Authorities have identified the woman as 41-year-old Tina Smith. Her death is being investigated as a possible homicide. Brittany Mae Smith is the daughter of Tina Smith.

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

OK, so Brittany's mother was found deceased in her house, and now it's been discovered that Brittany hasn't been seen for 4 days? Also, her mom's car is missing.

The situation seems that they believe that this mother's acquaintance (Easley) had something to do with the mom's death and then took Brittany and the vehicle. NCMEC lists two vehicles, so perhaps the mom's vehicle and Mr. Easley's are both missing?

Unfortunately, I've heard this story before and it doesn't usually turn out well. Especially since time is not in Brittany's favor it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
    Thanks Lindsay! I couldn't figure out how to start a thread...

I hope Brittany is found, safe, very soon!
    Me too. Been frantically trying how to figure out how to get this posted. This guy is 32 years old. This is pretty close to home. Really, really close to where my neice lives with her three small children (probably within one mile).

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:

Thanks for making a thread for Brittany, I got a text a little bit ago and was coming here to do the same.

Gosh, 4 days they could be anywhere by now. Hoping for a happy ending!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quiqui For This Useful Post:

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

FFR (for future reference, I made it up. hehe ), there is a "New Thread" button right above where the threads are listed on the forums page here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60"]Missing/Located Forum Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame].

It's underneath the sub-forums, but above "Threads in Forum."

Hope that helps!

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LLLindsayy For This Useful Post:

http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime...,1616583.story

another picture of Brittany if someone knows how to post it here, tia

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

Sarah Maynard...

Shasta and Dylan Groene...

Lexis Roberts...

Aja Johnson...

All taken after parent(s) were murdered... for whatever reason.

Some good outcomes and some bad... but, there have been good ones.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Have just spoken with my neice and she is really upset about this. This occurred within blocks of her childrens' school. I told her I do not feel it was a random homicide/abduction, as the police are saying they "think" this guy is an acquaintance" of the child's mother. Seems that the delay in the Amber Alert was because police were not notified until the co-workers of the mother called when she had not shown up for work.

I tried to look up this Easely person on google but currently all that comes up is the information about the current amber alert. i was going to see if he has a criminal record, or was a RSO, etc. But it is good that the amber alert is out there.

25. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:

Praying Brittany is safe.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

This is terrible. I know a couple of people that live right by the house, as well as it's literally about a minute away from my neighborhood. I really hate that there are days in-between the time she's been missing and reported. It makes me think of the recent Ohio family/friend murders and the abduction of the little girl. I hope this creep is caught and she is returned safely !

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Japandaaa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post

Police issued the Amber Alert after police found the body of a female inside the home on Fort Lewis Circle. Authorities have identified the woman as 41-year-old Tina Smith.
    it so hard to keep up with theses cases this month I was reading the thread and saying wher her mom. so thank you!!
    "LIGHTING THE WAY HOME"

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tfrohning For This Useful Post:

Here's his MS page. It's private, but is that Brittany with him in his profile pic.??

http://www.myspace.com/400242677

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime...,1616583.story

another picture of Brittany if someone knows how to post it here, tia

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    Here's his MS page. It's private, but is that Brittany with him in his profile pic.??

http://www.myspace.com/400242677
    Oh dear. That does look like Brittany in that picture, actually more than the guy in the picture looks like this possible abductor.

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:

Hope it is okay to post this information regarding a FB page for this JE but this is important in my opinion. There is a FB page for him and if you click on viewing all his friends there is a girl named Brittany on there with his same last name AND it is one of the same pictures being distributed for this Brittany Smith. Could they be secretly married? with her only 12 years old? Or is it wishful thinking on his part?

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:

The pic. of him used in the AA looks like a DL photo (blue background) and who knows how long ago that one was taken. The MS photo is more recent. It's really disturbing if that is Brittany in his profile pic., but it sure looks like her.

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:

Again, hope it is okay to post this:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000086091737

This IS the girl in the photo of Brittany Smith.

So if I am making this confusing, let me say:
    1) JE had this BE listed as one of his FB friends.
    2) I went into the FB page for this BE and it is the exact picture of Brittany Mae Smith in the ambert alert photos.
    Last edited by Strawberry Fields; 12-06-2010 at 04:50 PM. Reason: added one sentence

43. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:

It does really look like her.

Some of my friends have allowed their kids to have myspace and facebook pages (don't get me started) and they will think they are being safe by letting the kid use a mothers maiden name or other just random last names. Maybe that's why she has his last name the mother thought she was being smart.

that myspace photo though looks too comfy and cozy, if i didn't know the story I'd think they were a couple.. (ick)

45. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

Wow... that is definitely her in the myspace profile picture. It's even on the same angle as the first picture in this thread, which makes it easier to tell.

That gives me hope that maybe she is gone willingly... whether she knows about her Mom or not, maybe she is with him willingly... as gross as the thought may be. I don't think they are married, but maybe that was the "fantasy..."

I wonder if this is a Kayleah Wilson/Amber White type situation... where they were involved with an older guy at just 12? Maybe like Kayleah, Mom found out and forbid it, threatened to call the cops.... and like the cases of teenage girls and their boyfriends... Mom gets killed so the girl and her boyfriend can be together....

I think honestly, that's the best case scenario at this point... as far as Brittany's safety goes.

47. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast