1869 users online (335 members and 1534 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

IL - Tanya Shannon, 40, Seneca, 5 Dec 2010 - #1

Authorities in Illinois are searching for a woman who disappeared after a car accident that killed her husband, WGNtv.com reports.

Police said 40-year-old Tanya Shannon and her husband, Dale, were in their car when it crashed Sunday near Seneca, Ill., about 80 miles from Chicago.

The accident left Dale Shannon dead. His wife, however, was missing from the vehicle and a check of area hospitals has yielded no clues, authorities said.

Police reportedly said that they believed Tanya Shannon survived the crash because they found footprints leading from the car to the road.

She is described as 5-feet-2 with strawberry blond hair and green eyes, according to the station.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/12/06...#ixzz17MZtJb6W

I found this article, but I don't know if it's in reference to Tanya. I'm not sure how far this is from the scene of the crash.

An unidentified woman was found frozen and dead in a ditch in southwest suburban Palos Park early Monday morning.

Police say she may be a woman who was recently reported missing.

She was found lying face up in a four-foot ditch and partially frozen in ice.

Police say there were no signs of trauma to her body. The Cook County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=7827048

Another article (says she's a mom of 4, and had been married for 20 years)
    http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-miss...,5061660.story

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2010/12/...illed-husband/

I looked up Palos Park, IL to Seneca, IL and it is about 56 miles. Very strange...

I think the woman found in Palos Park is this woman...

http://palos.patch.com/articles/miss...-in-palos-park

This quote from the article is interesting:

"It was her car they drove, but Dale drove it. He was sober at the party. He was very responsible and adamant about taking precautions when they went out. I know the accident wasn't a result of anything like that," she said. "Her family just wants her back."
    What about Tanya? Did she drink at the party? If she was going to be in the passenger seat, then it is very possible that she did while Dale was the "designated driver". Perhaps the accident occurred and due to alcohol, Tanya was not able to think rationally? Her husband was dead so she's all alone in the car at night in what looks to be a rural area. Even people who are sober might panic and do something "irrational" in a situation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LMax View Post
    I looked up Palos Park, IL to Seneca, IL and it is about 56 miles. Very strange...
    According to the article (video) they live in Morris, IL. There's a Dale Shannon who lives in Morris and is friends with Tanya Shannon (husband/wife). He seems like a really good guy - and looks to be a child advocate too!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...6664327&v=info

shannon.jpg

Tanya looks like a very regular FB'er and posted daily. Her last post was at 7:51 on Saturday via her blackbery talking about how the streets r nt plowed out there. She talks about her kids a lot. I pray she is home soon.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...1075707&v=wall

shannon2.jpg

I do know this is her because in one of her posts, she says "off 2 woark at the Tap, please let it go smooth".

My prayers are going out to the both of them right now. She seems such a good mom - may she be found quickly!! I worry about the snow though!

Hugz,

Mel

ETA: linky: http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-miss...,5061660.story

Also, Donna Baker is at the scene. She is Dale's sister. She's also listed as a friend, but I won't link -- just confirming the players. What a nice family
    Last edited by Melanie; 12-06-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    This quote from the article is interesting:

What about Tanya? Did she drink at the party? If she was going to be in the passenger seat, then it is very possible that she did while Dale was the "designated driver". Perhaps the accident occurred and due to alcohol, Tanya was not able to think rationally? Her husband was dead so she's all alone in the car at night in what looks to be a rural area. Even people who are sober might panic and do something "irrational" in a situation like that.
    in on of Tanya Shannon's FB: off 2 bartend at The Tap

Of all people, a bartender knows and sees the dangers of DUI. I know in the UK, instead of tipping, the customers (customarily) buy the bartender a drink. Not sure how it works in IL. She does mention Tequila, but I'm not going to say she was DUI as we have absolutely no proof that she was drinking, and/or driving. She's out there in a red dress and grey jacket, and it's absolutely freezing. For those who pray, now might be a good time -- especially for her and her children (and Dale too).

MOO

Mel

I wonder if there was any blood droplets near the foot prints, or she could have had a closed head injury if not wearing her seatbelt.. thought she was ok and then bam...

In one of Tany's posts she says:

Tanya Shannon Really hate when i faint cause always feel a lil slow after!! PLEASE go away bad feeling!!!

02 November at 16:39 via Mobile Web.

I wonder if she had some kind of illness and after the accident could have fainted in the snow. Gosh, she could be so close to the car (and the snow is fresh). I wonder if it's snowed since yesterday -- covering her up.

Oh bless.

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    in on of Tanya Shannon's FB: off 2 bartend at The Tap

Of all people, a bartender knows and sees the dangers of DUI. I know in the UK, instead of tipping, the customers (customarily) buy the bartender a drink. Not sure how it works in IL. She does mention Tequila, but I'm not going to say she was DUI as we have absolutely no proof that she was drinking, and/or driving. She's out there in a red dress and grey jacket, and it's absolutely freezing. For those who pray, now might be a good time -- especially for her and her children (and Dale too).

MOO

Mel
    I never said that Tanya was drinking and driving. It's already been said that Dale was the one driving and he was sober. Since Tanya was not driving, then maybe she had some drinks at the party and after the accident, she was not able to think rationally.

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    I never said that Tanya was drinking and driving. It's already been said that Dale was the one driving and he was sober. Since Tanya was not driving, then maybe she had some drinks at the party and after the accident, she was not able to think rationally.
    It's all good - I didn't intend to take it that way (sorry if I did). I agree with you, she wasn't driving, but probably had a few (IMHO). Then got very confused and went to look for help. I just think she's out there in the snow somewhere

Hugs,

Mel

How terrible. For a family to learn of a death and then have another missing! IMO she could have either:
    1. Wandered off, was disoriented and/or traumatized
    or
    2. Someone picked her up and : was a bad guy and harmed her: a good guy and took her to their house to warm up, not knowing the severity of what happened or picked her up way down the road and didn't know what happened/dropped her off somewhere

My opinion only, but I feel #1 is most likely. I hope they are really searching all over the area for her

This reminds me so much of another case, but I cannot for the life of me remember the womans name........she was in college, on her way (home?) somewhere, crashed her car and hasn't been seen since.....you guys know who I'm talking about??

Quote Originally Posted by amandab View Post
    This reminds me so much of another case, but I cannot for the life of me remember the womans name........she was in college, on her way (home?) somewhere, crashed her car and hasn't been seen since.....you guys know who I'm talking about??
    That sounds like Maura Murray's case.

Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast