Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MI - Michigan doctor charged with sex assault on 13mo-old baby girl

Hybrid View

MI - Michigan doctor charged with sex assault on 13mo-old baby girl

yeah, right David Montaldi -- the dog did it

MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. (AP) A Detroit-area prosecutor says a doctor sexually assaulted and critically injured a 13-month-old girl while babysitting for her.
    Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said at a news conference Monday the girl's in "very critical condition" with skull fractures.

http://www.wsbt.com/news/wsbt-michig...tory?track=rss
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

The child's mother works at Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center in clerical. Montaldi formerly worked at the hospital as well.

the doctor was the boyfriend of this baby's mother according to this article.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...8471129225.txt
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Unhappy

A resident physician from Mount Clemens is accused of assaulting a 13-month-old baby girl in his care so bad, the child looked like she had been the victim of "torture," a district court judge said Monday.

David Tyler Montaldi, 31, shook his head in apparent disagreement as he was arraigned before 41B District Court Judge Linda Davis on three felonies as he was charged with physically and sexually assaulting his girlfriend's child over the weekend.

"The (evidence) pictures are horrendous, and this child sustained incredible abuse, to the point of almost appearing like torture," Davis said during the hearing.
    Police said the injuries to the baby, whose name was not released, were among the worst they'd ever seen.

"After 23 years of being a police officer, this is one of the most horrific cases of child abuse and sexual abuse I've seen," said sheriff's Detective Lt. Liz Darga.

Montaldi, who had been dating the child's mother for the past six months, has an "educational limited" license for osteopathic medicine and surgery, according to the Michigan Department of Community Health.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...mode=fullstory

Prayers for this little one to recover.

And that justice is meted out quickly & severely.

==================

ETA:

video of perp - shaking his head

reporter says in news vid that doctors aren't sure if the baby will recover - she's in very critical condition
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...onth-old-girl-
    Last edited by Texas Mist; 12-07-2010 at 10:20 AM.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Oh dear God!

Can't we just take him out back and shoot him?

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Oh
    My
    God...........

IF she survives her quality of life is questionable....I just don't know what to say anymore except............women, STOP leaving your babies with boyfriends.....please, just stop.
    [/I]

Quote Originally Posted by mysterygirl View Post
    Oh
    My
    God...........

IF she survives her quality of life is questionable....I just don't know what to say anymore except............women, STOP leaving your babies with boyfriends.....please, just stop.
    even if bf in question is a doctor, evil wears many different masks. sigh.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to 2goldfish For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    even if bf in question is a doctor, evil wears many different masks. sigh.
    Absolutely.

I wasn't going to bring this up, to escape the responses of people being offended about this........but there are several flags for me about the "doctor" thing.

His father is an OBGYN and he is an osteo. doctor .........which usually, I say usually, means that he may not have been able to get into conventional medical school. His license is "limited".......having to be supervised by an M.D. and he no longer works at the hospital with his girlfriend. Why? We don't know.

Not only that............they've been dating for only 6 months. IMO, not long enough to leave your 13 month old with while you are at work. This poor child can't even communicate mistreatment by a boyfriend.
    [/I]

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterygirl View Post
    Oh
    My
    God...........

I have agreed with every word mysterygirl has typed thus far. Nothing I would have posted would have better expressed my disgust, exasperation, revulsion and concern than what she typed.

But this quote - this thing above - seriously - we need to convey this to our daughters somehow as they are growing up.

No man, no loneliness, nothing is worth risking the saftey and wellbeing of your children over.

If you have just left a relationship, for your own benefit and for the sake of your children, who depend upon you to see to their best interests above all others, be alone for a bit.

Please. Just be with you and your kids a while. Figure out what went wrong in the last one. Figure out who you are, what you want and most importantly, what you don't want.

Be your child for a moment. Just one moment. See things from their little perspectives. This is the most important thing you will ever do. Give it your very best. Look at your own childhood. What you found the most loving and best - use. What you found the most hurtful and frightening - gift your children with not ever allowing that to happen to them.

When you do date - don't bring them round your children. Make sure the new man and the children understand that when you decide this person is important enough to be around your kids, you will gently indtroduce them.

Please. Please mothers. Value yourself and your children enough to understand that the man worthy of you and your children will be thrilled to go along with this. He will be just as cautious as you going in as he will know that this is a forever thing and he is accepting and agreeing to love not just you, but your extensions of you - your children.

Please. Mothers. Talk to your daughters now, before they are grown and out there making bad choices.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

As a follow up.........how dumb do you have to be to claim the dog did it?

Really? That was the BEST you could come up with? Hello.

Please pull through little one.......we are all rooting for you.
    [/I]

snipped from article,"she suffered three to four fractures in her skull as well as tears and abrasions to the vaginal and anus areas. She is reported to be in extremely critical condition."

He claims the Bull Mastiff sat on her. Ummm, no. He's in doo doo deeper than that big dog can create.

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ziggy For This Useful Post:

Poor baby girl.

Here's a question. Of course people move around. I know that. I'm asking Doctor wise. Either MD or DO. Would you have lived in three cities in Georgia? Two in South Carolina? One in New York, one in Missouri, one in Florida and I just found him living where he lives presently. How does that work?

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Poor baby girl.

Here's a question. Of course people move around. I know that. I'm asking Doctor wise. Either MD or DO. Would you have lived in three cities in Georgia? Two in South Carolina? One in New York, one in Missouri, one in Florida and I just found him living where he lives presently. How does that work?
    His father's brother (deceased) had 4 sons (1 deceased) that are/were doctors, too. These would be this freak's cousins. One in NY, one in FL, one in SC iirc This uncle was a prof. in NY, again, iirc

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    His father's brother (deceased) had 4 sons (1 deceased) that are/were doctors, too. These would be this freak's cousins. One in NY, one in FL, one in SC iirc This uncle was a prof. in NY, again, iirc
    Hmmmmm, so he moved around with family?

Odd as the people directly related to him are not Doctors. Rug cleaners.

Dang, I can't think of who one of our posters is that lives down in I think Acworth or Kennesaw. They could fill us in. Something is really, really wrong here. This can not be the first time this "person" has hurt a child. No way.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Hmmmmm, so he moved around with family?

Odd as the people directly related to him are not Doctors. Rug cleaners.

Dang, I can't think of who one of our posters is that lives down in I think Acworth or Kennesaw. They could fill us in. Something is really, really wrong here. This can not be the first time this "person" has hurt a child. No way.
    His dad is an OB/GYN in GA

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    Need to correct this

Prof.Uncle,deceased, NC, 3 sons (freak's cousins) 2 Drs.(1 AZ, 1 FL, one not a Dr. in NC
    another Dr. Uncle, deceased

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

There are no updates on the baby girl's condition...praying she recovers fully with no memory of this torture.

Does anyone know how to check on her?

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:

what mysterygirl said. Every word.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

tlcox--Yours in an excellent post but we have to remember that women can sexually abuse too. The numbers are increasing daily. I would amend everything said above to say, "Parents, be cautious of who you leave your children with. Communicate, watch, question everything."

There are wonderful boyfriends, stepdads, uncles, and guy friends who would be delightful and caring with a toddler. They would not harm a child like this. There are many men who work with infants and children--child care providers, social workers, and those in the medical field. This man is horribly sick and demented. It's not about the sex. It was all about power and pedophilia.

I know, within my heart, that this man has had other victims. Oh, how I hope that every single child who has crossed his path is carefully checked out. My guess is that he offered to watch this child. Most likely he dated this woman expressly because her child fit a profile for him. My heart breaks for her tonight and all who loved this baby.

As the grandmother of a special little one who wasn't meant for this earth, I'm actually praying that this little girl be taken by the angels to fly above.

31. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    tlcox--Yours in an excellent post but we have to remember that women can sexually abuse too. The numbers are increasing daily. I would amend everything said above to say, "Parents, be cautious of who you leave your children with. Communicate, watch, question everything."

There are wonderful boyfriends, stepdads, uncles, and guy friends who would be delightful and caring with a toddler. They would not harm a child like this. There are many men who work with infants and children--child care providers, social workers, and those in the medical field. This man is horribly sick and demented. It's not about the sex. It was all about power and pedophilia.

I know, within my heart, that this man has had other victims. Oh, how I hope that every single child who has crossed his path is carefully checked out. My guess is that he offered to watch this child. Most likely he dated this woman expressly because her child fit a profile for him. My heart breaks for her tonight and all who loved this baby.

As the grandmother of a special little one who wasn't meant for this earth, I'm actually praying that this little girl be taken by the angels to fly above.
    BBM

absolutely! My post was simply directed at mothers because I was so upset that this one was so comfortable introducing this man AND leaving him alone and in sole charge of her precious, nonverbal daughter.

It upsets me no end this continued lack or absence of the most basic maternal instinct in our daughters and sisters!

So, while I agree, I was just moved to speak from one mother to another and try to explain what I thought these young women should just KNOW in their hearts.

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    BBM

absolutely! My post was simply directed at mothers because I was so upset that this one was so comfortable introducing this man AND leaving him alone and in sole charge of her precious, nonverbal daughter.

It upsets me no end this continued lack or absence of the most basic maternal instinct in our daughters and sisters!

So, while I agree, I was just moved to speak from one mother to another and try to explain what I thought these young women should just KNOW in their hearts.
    I do feel for the mom in this case though. She probably figured with him being a doctor, it meant he was a good guy. Most of my friends would. I'm just the paranoid freak of the bunch. Most people figure if someone is in a respectable position (i.e. Doctor, psychologist, social worker, etc) that means they are good people. The mainstream is finally starting to learn a little about ministers/priests/youth workers, but even then not all are cautious. I can imagine this mom knowing the doctor previously from work, thinking he's great, starting to date him, and trusting he's a good guy. I truly feel for her. I, on the other hand, quiz my 4 year old DD every so often (in a non-threatening manner) and check her over when I bathe her. Not that I don't trust my DH/family/in-laws/daycare, but I know we've read about plenty of parents who fully trusted a loved one and it didn't turn out well. DD knows she's not allowed to have secrets from me. We were talking about secrets one day and she told me she has a secret with her gps. I told her I wouldn't tell them she told me, but needed to know what it was. It's that she gets candy before dinner. Lol. I'm very lucky. But still paranoid.
    I was actually amazed by something that happened this summer. A male friend of ours has 2 children, one is a girl. My friend, at the time, was a single parent. His daughter's friend was allowed to spend the night and go to the beach with my friend, his kids, my DH, and our daughter. The parents had met my friend once, for about 30 seconds, and never met my DH. Now I have known my friend for over half my life and would trust him with my DD's life. But these other parents don't know that! I was just amazed they let their little girl spend the night and all day with a guy (actually 2) that they don't know.

35. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Lyn1001 For This Useful Post:

I wonder if Montaldi spent time with his relatives in Arizona?

http://www.sexual-offender-treatment.org/57.html

The Logic of Sexually Violent Predator Status in the United States of America

DF [EBM] Montaldi
    Evaluation Team, Arizona Community Protection and Treatment Center

Very interesting piece which discusses rape fantasies and subsets of predatory rapists. The man also wrote about hypersexuality in 2002.
    Last edited by Missizzy; 12-08-2010 at 12:32 AM.

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

To answer the question about doctors moving around, just add "cv" to the name of the author of the piece I linked to above and that should show what another doctor's many positions included.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

I want to know where this man grew up. Does everyone remember Joseph Allsop? We have a thread on him and he's awaiting trial. He's the monster from Oregon who was a RSO by the time he was 14. He moved to Texas and enlisted in the Army. For some reason I cannot fathom, the military did not learn of his past.

He killed his infant daughter during his sexual assault of her and made it appear that she had died of SIDS. He's had many many other victims, it's clear. I am all but certain that Montaldi does too. You just don't wake up at age 31 and assault a tiny girl like this. Just like Earl Bradley, they start early and keep going until they get caught.

Considering the interesting piece I linked to above about predatory offenders and another piece by the same author on hypersexuality, it would almost seem that Montaldi was the centerpiece for this other doctor's theories. It's chilling.

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

In re-reading all the articles, I noticed that the baby's mother has an older child who was staying with her parents while she worked. So, Montaldi, specifically set himself up to be with the baby alone. I really suspect that he's dated other women who have baby girls. My guess is that he's always positioned himself to be around little girls. If they were verbal, I wouldn't doubt that he drugged them. But babies as tiny as 13 months can't describe their horrors.

43. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

Lyn--You bring up an excellent point. Pedophiles spend just as much time grooming the parents (usually) as they do the children. When we are talking about infant and toddler victims, the only grooming is of the parents. I don't harshly judge this mother at all. Six months is a decent amount of time to date before one lets a partner spend time alone with a child, IMO. Being that this mom had such a young child and no husband/partner tells me that she was probably very excited to win the attention of a DOCTOR!! That could be seen as quite the catch. And one who is delightfully engaged with your baby girl and so willing to help out. This woman works at the hospital and I have not sleuthed her. She could be another doctor, a nurse, or a clerk. But we so often do not see the danger right under our noses. I know I didn't.

I love your story about the candy. You are on the right path. Once, after our trial, one of my daughters told me that her brother had asked her to keep a secret. I cringed but gently probed and it turned out that the young boy had said the "S" word. Not what you are thinking, though, but the word "stupid". An absolute taboo in our house.

No, this mom is devastated. My prayers are with her. Everytime I woke up last night, I prayed again that this baby's suffering may end...in one way or another. God will know, IMO.

45. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast