802 users online (117 members and 685 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IL - Sandra Wood, 73, raped & murdered in her Alton home, 3 Dec 2010

Henderson hasn't been out of prison but 10 months - another one of so many violent criminals that have no business being out preying on the innocent.

ALTON A registered sex offender who has been in prison six times was charged Tuesday with the murder of a woman found dead in her bed Friday.

Authorities say Perry L. Henderson attacked Sandra Wood, 73, who was found dead in her home in the 1700 block of Central Avenue. He faces first-degree murder, aggravated criminal sexual assault, home invasion, burglary and robbery charges.

more here

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/i...27992bc8b.html

RIP, Ms. Wood
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Another monster who never should have been out of jail in the first place. My gosh! His previous sex offense was against a 5 yo.

JMHO
    fran

Would someone PLEASE remove this vicious (insert banned word here) from the face of this planet and be done with it?!? Preying on children AND the elderly with no respect for life...why is he walking free if allowed to walk this Earth at all?

Perhaps what's needed is mandatory DP or LWOP for the FIRST offense of such heinous crimes (especially against the weakest...children, disabled, and elderly).

Ms. Wood's body was found with visible signs of trauma and so there was no doubt that a crime had been committed. This issue came up on the Texas Serial Rapist (who preys on elders) thread. I really wonder how many women are found dead in their beds where no one suspects foul play, simply natural causes?

This horrid man wasn't smart enough to cover up his vicious crime but how many do? One of the women in Texas had a stroke during her attack and rape. How many elderly women die of a heart attack or stroke when startled in their beds by a rapist? I hope that it is ALWAYS part of the coroner's responsibility to check for any sign of sexual trauma, regardless of the age of the deceased.

Does anyone know this for certain?

Bless Ms. Wood. Rest in peace.

Poor Ms. Wood. You live 73 years to have your life end like this?

RIP dear woman. I am so sorry society dropped the ball on you. A lousey 10 months out and he took your life so violently.

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/sen...ars-alton.html

Suspect in slaying has long criminal record

ALTON - Perry L. Henderson, the suspect in last week's asphyxiation slaying of an Alton woman, has a criminal history dating to 1981 and a brief history of mental illness, court records show.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

Debbie3223 is offline Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light. :o)
    it will NEVER CHANGE.. THEY WILL NEVER GET BETTER..castration and LWOP.. and if ya murder anyone DP...

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... sigh..so much for my christian thoughts

www.givesmehope.com

Short, sweet, tear jerking 4-5 line stories one MUST read after reading true crime.

http://vodpod.com/watch/2135947-no-u...nse-is-expired

Hiliarous tribute to Kathy B... OMG too funny

WHEN WILL WE LEARN?!?! What will it take? Perhaps when it is somebody's mother and child who is important and well known - maybe then huh? I hope everybody involved, the lawmakers, the judges, the PO's, the defense attorneys - everyone who had a hand in setting this monster free - is haunted for the rest of their days on this earth!

Dear Ms. Wood, I am so sorry this happened to you. RIP dear lady.

From May 2011:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...411555db6.html

Henderson, 51, pleaded guilty in March to charges of first-degree murder and aggravated criminal sexual assault for killing Sandra Wood, 73, a Democratic precinct committeewoman and retired employee of the St. Louis Public Schools...

Madison County Circuit Judge Charles Romani sentenced Henderson to life on the murder conviction and 30 years for the sexual assault. The sentences are to run consecutively.