Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Hybrid View

SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Police search for missing teen

Police in Myrtle Beach are looking to the public for help in finding Brittanee Drexel, who family friends say went missing on Saturday.
    Drexel, 17, of Rochester, NY, is described by the Myrtle Beach Police Department as 5 feet tall, weighing an estimated 103 pounds. She is said to have shoulder-length straight brown hair with blue eyes.
    Drexel was last seen wearing a multi-colored shirt, black shorts and flip flops. Police have noted the teen suffers from depression.
    Officers met with a family friend of Drexel on Saturday, who traveled from Camp Lejeune, NC, upon request of the girl's mother. John Hahn says he last made contact with Drexel on Saturda around 8 p.m.
    As of Sunday, no contact has been made with the girl. A group of people whom she was traveling with had moved from the Bar Harbor Motel to the Boardwalk Hotel in Myrtle Beach.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=10252803
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 04-24-2010 at 09:47 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:

Thank you Tonia, I just saw her on NG and came in here to make sure she has a thread.

Beautiful child. It's being reported that a young man named Peter has changed his story several times in relating it to her mother, the sherriff's office and another man (family friend) that assisted the mother in filing a missing persons.

Video of Mother at this link:

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content...ext/?cid=87351

The mother of a Gates Chili student who has gone missing on spring break says she has a "gut feeling" her daughter isn't safe.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
    Police search for missing teen

Police in Myrtle Beach are looking to the public for help in finding Brittanee Drexel, who family friends say went missing on Saturday.
    Drexel, 17, of Rochester, NY, is described by the Myrtle Beach Police Department as 5 feet tall, weighing an estimated 103 pounds. She is said to have shoulder-length straight brown hair with blue eyes.
    Drexel was last seen wearing a multi-colored shirt, black shorts and flip flops. Police have noted the teen suffers from depression.
    Officers met with a family friend of Drexel on Saturday, who traveled from Camp Lejeune, NC, upon request of the girl's mother. John Hahn says he last made contact with Drexel on Saturda around 8 p.m.
    As of Sunday, no contact has been made with the girl. A group of people whom she was traveling with had moved from the Bar Harbor Motel to the Boardwalk Hotel in Myrtle Beach.

Tonia...........thanks for starting this thread. Nancy Grace covered this case on her program tonight. It was said that the group Brittanee was with moved from the Bar Harbor Motel to the Boardwalk Hotel, and Brittanee went back to the first motel to see someone and that's the last she was seen.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 04-29-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: not information or family support
    My posts are my opinion..........

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

i hope she is found soon and safe.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 04-29-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: not information or family support

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:

A little more info from this article:

John Hahn says he last made contact with Drexel on Saturday around 8 p.m.

Investigators say that's around the same time a group of men from Rochester, NY, last saw the missing teen as well. Police have been questioning Pete Broswick, Phillip Watson, Matthew Abrams and Keith Cummings after meeting Drexel at Club Kryptonite on Friday evening.

Questioning has revealed Drexel made additional contact with the group of men, first at an area of beach bear the Blue Water Resort around 11 a.m. Saturday, and again in their hotel room later that night.

Broswick told police Drexel was involved in an argument with a friend over a pair of shorts she was wearing and had left the hotel room to return the clothing. Contact between the group and Drexel was lost after she left.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:

Hahn had more to say about the changing stories on NG tonight. I'm waiting for the transcript to be posted because I didn't catch it all. Does sound like a strange story

Salem

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Prayers for Brittanee for her quick and safe return. Prayers for her Mother for strength.

Brittanee's Mother was shown on NG last night. Here is the link and some info shared on NG last night about Brittanee.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../27/ng.01.html

GRACE: Straight out to John Hahn, a friend of the missing girl. He reported her missing.

Mr. Hahn, thank you for being with us. I understand that you`re in the military near there at Camp Lejeune, you got a call in the middle of the night from her family. You took care of reporting her missing. What can you tell me about the last person to have seen her alive, changing his story. Is that true?

(ON THE PHONE)

JOHN HAHN, FRIEND OF 17-YEAR-OLD BRITTANEE DREXEL, REPORTED HER MISSING: Yes, it is. Several different people throughout the two-day period that I was down there investigating, reported that he`s been changing his story. I don`t know him personally.

I think it`s very, very shady that somebody decides to make a 17-hour drive back to Rochester, New York at 2:00 in the morning. Leaving clothes, liquor, and a deposit back at the hotel.
    More interviews at link about Brittanee.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mendara View Post
    Isn't NC notorious for missing women?
    Myrtle Beach is actually in South Carolina. It's the same area that had the 20,000 acres destroyed due to fire last week.

Brittanee Marie Drexel - Myrtle Beach Spring Break 4/25/09

police report noted @ 4:51a. 4/26/09 http://rochesterhomepage.net/media/p...xelreport1.pdf

Missing evening of 4/25/09 - texted friends around 8pm-going to visit a friend.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FifthEssence For This Useful Post:

What a beautiful young lady. I pray that she is found safe and found soon.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tranaice For This Useful Post:

This is so sad. Apparently she lied to her mother about where she was. I have a teenage son, he is 16 and unfortunetly for him, I am NOT too trusting. He often screams at me that I NEED TO TRUST HIM - but really I want him alive. So when he tells me he is going to his friends house, I call that friends mom to make sure they are there and everything is okay.

I am overly protective, but honestly I know I can't keep him safe all the time, but I try.

I wish teens would understand that a parent really just loves them and her mom telling her that SHE can't go to spring break in NC was her mom trying to do what is best for her because she loves her. I wish they knew they had PLENTY of time for all the freedom in the world soon enough and for now at 17 they need to just bear it.

My heart breaks for Dawn. It must have been a shock to hear her daughter still went to NC and her worst fear about letting her go came true.

I was always the mom at the park hovering over my son so he wouldn't fall - and all the other mothers were off reading abook talking and on their phones. GUESS WHAT - THEIR kid NEVER got hurt, but mine did. IRONIC.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 04-29-2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: not information or family support

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mendara For This Useful Post:

just reported on the police scanner: possible sighting near barefoot!
    only link I have is for the police scanner http://signaramaofmyrtlebeach.com/scanner.aspx
    (choose the player on the bottom for the actual police one)

ETA: I've been listening to the scanner since the night the wildfire broke out.. though I have not been listening 24/7, this is the first that I have heard of possible sighting.. hope it's really her! Will update if I hear anything else
    currently afflicted with the worst case of 'pregnancy brain' that I've ever had! Be back to normal in approximately 7 months.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cc81 For This Useful Post:

This hits close to home for me and I wish I had the money to go down and help to post flyers wich I hope they are doing! If I was involved in the help efforts I would post flyers all the way from murles inlet all the way down to cherry grove area. Hit the Wally world and put flyers on cars etc. I would go to club Krip and post etc. Someone has seen her. This is not Aruba and If you have been to Mrtyle Beach you no this time of year is pretty much crowded.
    Things I dont understand How can her friends get another place when she is not old enough to stay there herself? Why did they leave if she was a friend? So many unanswered ? and I'm glad the family is there. But do they no what to do?? We all here at websleuths no what to do because we all have been around other cases etc. I have not heard of this story Local and I'm 2 hrs away! (sad) South Carolina in my lacks the resources to help with things like this! So many unsolved cases thru the sate seem to just disappear and go cold. I think right now is the time to look Everywhere just like they did in Florida etc. Everyone deserves this no matter where you live! Also I havent seen a flyer for this girl! I wander if the locals are helping out as well! Because of the fire situation etc. she deserves to be found! Story just doesnt add up to me! Mods feel free to delete If you think it should be thanks!!!!!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to summermood32 For This Useful Post:

Cherry grove Area is close to Barefoot Landing area, house of blues etc.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to summermood32 For This Useful Post:

and house of blues was one of the shelters during the wildfire.. I hope if she is out on her own, that she was able to stay safe and find shelter and food
    currently afflicted with the worst case of 'pregnancy brain' that I've ever had! Be back to normal in approximately 7 months.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to cc81 For This Useful Post:

31. The Following User Says Thank You to summermood32 For This Useful Post:

POI identified

Hi guys,

It looks like they have identified a person of interest re: Brittanee and he has already retained an attorney! ...here's a blip from the article...more at link

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...tDkAADcFw.cspx

(Webster, N.Y./Myrtle Beach) - A young man from Webster has been questioned in the disappearance of a Chili teen in Myrtle Beach.

Police say Peter Broswick is considered a person of interest in the case.

Broswick has retained a local attorney and is not speaking.

Broswick was the last known person to see Brittanee Drexel Saturday night.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 04-29-2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: not information or family support

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marisa714 For This Useful Post:

They also need to post every hotel she has been at and the night club. they said her cell phone is dead and she left her clothes and her friends went to the boardwalk to stay. that is a long walk who was she with? Why would friend leave her over a pair of shorts? This doesnt seem right at all! Something is Def wrong I think!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to summermood32 For This Useful Post:

(Player) http://www.myspace.com/niallriver1
    Check others look logins etc read comments sad!!!

39. The Following User Says Thank You to summermood32 For This Useful Post:

Myrtle Beach is a huge destination spot for college kids and high school grads, in SC and NC... of course, it being known for a huge party town, you get loads of out-of-staters. When I was in school it was THE thing to head to Myrtle Beach for 2 weeks during graduation. Lots of transient workers head there for quick jobs... and even the seediest motels sell out at this time of the year, well into July. It is a city that is less about the beach, but more about heavy partying and hooking up... the main drag is all about slowly driving your car up and down the road, looking for fun.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:

The young guy whom she met evening of 4/25/09 has retained a lawyer back in Rochester. I have seen his name spelled 2 ways:

Peter Brozowitz is the correct spelling. (erroneously reported as Broswick)
    http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...tDkAADcFw.cspx[/B]

To clarify, John Hahn was called by her mom and asked to quick drive to Mrytle Beach since he was stationed at Camp LeJeunen and file a report for her which she coordinated with LE there.
    POLICE REPORT: police report noted @ 4:51a. 4/26/09
    http://rochesterhomepage.net/media/p...xelreport1.pdf

Brittanee has a boyfriend up in Rochester who did NOT go to Myrtle Beach and was home in the Rochester area when all went down. His name if John G.

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FifthEssence For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FifthEssence View Post
    The young guy whom she met evening of 4/25/09 has retained a lawyer back in Rochester. I have seen his name spelled 2 ways:

Peter Brozowitz aka Broswick.

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...tDkAADcFw.cspx

thanks Fifth! I had not seen the alternate spelling. Peter does have a facebook using the last name brozowitz.. I'm really new to FB (just joined today) so I can't get anything off of it

45. The Following User Says Thank You to cc81 For This Useful Post:

SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17 Missing from Myrtle Beach since 4/25/2009

"Brittanee Drexel is 17 and a Gates-Chili High School junior. She went missing Saturday while on spring break in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Her mother is asking anyone with information to please call 911."

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S899931.shtml?cat=565

"Drexel met a friend from New York and three men Friday at Club Kryptonite, according to a police report. She briefly met them again around midday Saturday on the beach, and again around 8 p.m. that night, police said.

The men said she left them to return to her traveling companions, who had a room at the Bar Harbour Hotel. Police said she never reached the hotel.

Police said Drexel, who is described as 5 feet tall, 103 pounds, suffers from depression. She was last seen wearing black shorts, flip-flops and a multicolored striped shirt. She is white, has shoulder-length brown hair and blue eyes."

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/878060.html

Also on Nancy Grace

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast