Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Dawn Drexel - Brittanee's mom is on NG now...

BD had recevied a call from another friend re: a pair of shorts that BD had borrowed.

Mom talked to her on Saturday afternoon - Brittanee was at the beach - mom thought she was at the beach in Rochester.

John Hahn - family friend (boyfriend) from Camp Lejeune drove to MB to report her missing.

Unconfirmed sighting by waitstaff at Oceanfront Bar and Grill on Sunday at 3 p.m.

Where did her parents think she was? It states that she was in MB without permission.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

Oh, God. This one is every parent's worst nightmare!

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EmMomma For This Useful Post:

Kat

IF anyone hears anything about volunteer searches please PM me, as I would be interested in helping and may be able to gain others interests in doing so as well.

TIA

(mod please delete this if against TOS)
    currently afflicted with the worst case of 'pregnancy brain' that I've ever had! Be back to normal in approximately 7 months.

also, bike week runs from May 8th-17th.. if this girl is not found by then, this is the perfect opportunity to get a lot of eyes out there looking for her!
    currently afflicted with the worst case of 'pregnancy brain' that I've ever had! Be back to normal in approximately 7 months.

The young guy whom she met evening of 4/25/09 has retained a lawyer back in Rochester. I have seen his name spelled 2 ways:

Peter Brozowitz is the correct spelling. (erroneously reported as Broswick)
    http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...tDkAADcFw.cspx[/B]

To clarify, John Hahn was called by her mom and asked to quick drive to Mrytle Beach since he was stationed at Camp LeJeunen and file a report for her which she coordinated with LE there.
    POLICE REPORT: police report noted @ 4:51a. 4/26/09
    http://rochesterhomepage.net/media/p...xelreport1.pdf

Brittanee has a boyfriend up in Rochester who did NOT go to Myrtle Beach and was home in the Rochester area when all went down. His name if John G.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FifthEssence For This Useful Post:

If she was with a group of people then one of them has to know something about where she was last seen or if she left with someone she met. The whole thing just seems wierd to me.
    !~*Mar*~!

Quote Originally Posted by FifthEssence View Post
    The young guy whom she met evening of 4/25/09 has retained a lawyer back in Rochester. I have seen his name spelled 2 ways:

Peter Brozowitz aka Broswick.

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/sto...tDkAADcFw.cspx

thanks Fifth! I had not seen the alternate spelling. Peter does have a facebook using the last name brozowitz.. I'm really new to FB (just joined today) so I can't get anything off of it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cc81 For This Useful Post:

Prayers for her safe return!
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 04-29-2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: not information or family support

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melly53 For This Useful Post:

Kids that age (where they are still children, but on the cusp of being an adult and wanting so badly to be an adult), when determined to get away with something, will. It's not always a reflection on the parents... it's the determination of a crafty teen that thinks that they know how to keep their tail and trail covered enough to not get caught.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 04-29-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: not information or family support

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:

"Either someone has picked her up or she's not alive," said the teen's mother, Dawn Drexel. "In my heart of hearts, that's how I feel because I know it's not like my daughter to do this."
    Call it a mother's sixth sense, but Dawn Drexel believes her daughter was more than likely kidnapped along Ocean Boulevard.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=10252803

“Person of Interest” Questioned in Brittanee Drexel Case
    Last Update: 7:45 am

http://www.13wham.com/mostpopular/st...tDkAADcFw.cspx

(snippet)
    Webster, N.Y./Myrtle Beach, S.C.) - A young man from Webster is being questioned in the disappearance of 16-year-old Brittanee Drexel of Chili in Myrtle Beach.

Brittanee's father, Chad Drexel, said local police will be talking to a young man from Webster on Wednesday. He is the last known person to see Brittanee on Saturday. He has retained attorney John Parrinello.

VIDEO also on right side of page- with father

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FifthEssence For This Useful Post:

Prayers for Brittanee's Mom today.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

snipped from an article-

According to Brozowitz’s attorney, John Parrinello, Brozowitz met Drexel at a party last Saturday and was later at his hotel room with his friends.
    Parrinello says Drexel left his client’s room to return to her girlfriends’ hotel, but hasn’t been heard from since.

Parrinello says he is fully cooperating with police in Myrtle Beach and with the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, which is now helping on this case.
    He says Brozowitz is worried about Brittanee and hired an attorney because he has been inundated with calls from the media.
    "It is certainly unfair to him if anybody implies or suspects him of having done anything wrong with respect to Brittanee,” Parrinello said.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S904034.shtml?cat=566

Quote Originally Posted by Mendara View Post
    Did he leave before or AFTER she was reported missing?
    Brittanee was last heard from around 8pm on 4/25
    Pete left the motel and headed home around 1am on 4/26
    police report filed at 4:51am on 4/26

ETA: the WHEC link posted above reports Pete left hotel at 2am

Police and family members of a Rochester, NY teen may be a step closer to finding the girl after she was spotted getting off a bus on Ocean Boulevard.
    Myrtle Beach Police Capt. David Knipes told WMBF News that people riding the transit bas from Georgetown into Myrtle Beach say they saw Brittanee Drexel, 17, on the bus. The teen reportedly got off the bus shortly after 8:30 a.m. at First Avenue North and Ocean Boulevard.
    http://www.wmbfnews.com/global/Story.asp?s=10270997

26. The Following User Says Thank You to cc81 For This Useful Post:

Kat

About 8:35 a.m. Wednesday, maids on a Williamsburg County transport bus reported seeing a girl fitting Drexel’s description on the bus from Georgetown, Knipes said. The girl got off near the 100 block of North Ocean Boulevard, which is the area she was last seen.

Police showed a photo of Drexel to the women on the bus and they identified her as the girl on the bus, Knipes said. Officers canvassed the area looking for Drexel after the report and remain in the area, but she has not been found, he said.
    http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/879867.html

EmMomma is offline Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
    I hope that Brittanee is found alive and well...and soon.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 04-29-2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: not information or family support
    "Lost is not alone..." T. Miller, Founder TES (and MY HERO!!!)

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will." -

Edward Everett Hale

29. The Following User Says Thank You to EmMomma For This Useful Post:

Says he specializes in defending high profile suspects.

http://rocwiki.org/John_Parrinello
    Please help find Amanda Jones
    http://www.myspace.com/findingamandajones

"Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way."
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr

31. The Following User Says Thank You to dhchick04 For This Useful Post:

Police: Witnesses May Have Spotted Missing TeenReported by: WROC-TV
    Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 @11:26am EST

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content...ext/?cid=87961

snippet:
    may have been spotted riding a bus into Myrtle Beach on Wednesday morning.

Myrtle Beach Police said that several witnesses have reported riding on the bus with a teenage girl they believe is 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel.

Police also said they were able to track Brittanee's cell phone as it traveled out of Williamsburg County, which is inland, toward the South Carolina coast.

Does her mother recognize the clothing she was wearing according to this news release or the 'croc' shoes. We know there was some dispute regarding her borrowing one of the girls shorts but I doubt she was wearing someone elses 'crocs'.

LE has NOT given details as to the date and time of the phone ping info.

We don't know if SHE was in possession of her phone when it was tracked. Anybody could have had it.

Dear WS posters:

Please remember that this thread is for information and family support only. All opinions, speculation, discussion, etc. should be posted in the discussion forum.

Thank you!

Hoppy

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoppyfrog For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    Dear WS posters:

Please remember that this thread is for information and family support only. All opinions, speculation, discussion, etc. should be posted in the discussion forum.

Thank you!

Hoppy
    I will go open a thread in the discussion area for this. I will post link after I open.

ETA: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...89#post3676689
    Last edited by Sporky; 04-29-2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: add link

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    Dear WS posters:

Thank you!

Hoppy
    We had a discussion thread in there last night but for some reason it was merged into this thread. I think that might be why you think there is discussion going on.

-Mar-
    !~*Mar*~!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast