Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseC View Post
    Did you read KD site??? this crazy that she fighting the mom,,,,so sad so mean,,,

No I hadn't now I need to go do this. Is it her FB page? Not sure if I can see that because I'm not a friend. But now you got me curious. Wow!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rochestergirl For This Useful Post:

Couldn't read it Rose can you recap?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rochestergirl For This Useful Post:

dont feel i can post from KD fb if you not friend and she could cause me trouble if i was to post from her personal fb, sorry but already ran into issue with this,,,,,,,,but have anyone seen or heard of this NY has found 4 bodies dumped out on beach there??

NY Police: 'We Could Have a Serial Killer'Dec 14, 2010 – 3:57 PM
    Text Size Print this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream
    David Lohr
    Contributor
    (Dec. 14) -- Authorities fear a serial killer may be operating on New York's Long Island after four bodies were found dumped on a beach.

"I don't think it's a coincidence that four bodies ended up in this area, you know? That's a good direction to go, that they were all dumped here by the same person or persons," Suffolk County Police Commissioner Richard Dormer told reporters.

Seth Wenig, AP
    Authorities search by the side of the road at Cedar Beach, near Babylon, N.Y., on Tuesday. Police looking for a missing prostitute on Long Island's Fire Island have discovered three bodies and a set of skeletal remains near Oak Beach since Saturday.Dormer said police are considering the possibility that a serial killer could be responsible.

"I'm not going to say that, but certainly we're looking at that," Dormer said. "We're looking at that, that we could have a serial killer."

The bodies were found on Oak Beach. The first set of remains was discovered during a search for Shonnan Gilbert, a 24-year-old prostitute from New Jersey who has been missing since May, The Associated Press reported.

Three more bodies were found Monday in the same area.

Authorities believe the remains were dumped in the area over an 18-month period. Two of the victims were found wrapped in burlap sacks. Due to the advanced state of decomposition, authorities have only been able to identify two of the victims as female. The gender of the other two victims is pending further examination.

"They weren't clustered together, and it appears that they were thrown out of a vehicle into foliage, into the area that's off the roadway so that they wouldn't be seen," Dormer told CBS' 101 WINS. "It appears to be an area that the bodies were dumped."

The case is eerily reminiscent of that of Joel Rifkin, a Long Island resident who was convicted of murdering at least nine women from 1989 to 1993 in New York City.

Police have set up a command post along Ocean Parkway and remain on the scene searching the area for additional evidence. The FBI is assisting in the investigation.

"We're going to continue to search in this area to find out if there's any more evidence, forensics, that kind of thing, and if there's possibly more bodies," Dormer said.

If the bodies are the work of a serial killer, he will be a lot more careful, knowing that authorities are on to him, said former FBI agent Harold Copus, now head of Copus Security Consultants in Atlanta.

Sponsored Links "If he strikes again, he now knows what is in the media and he will be more careful. He won't use burlap sacks and he won't dump the victims in the same area," Copus told AOL News.

"The longer serial killers are able to stay in the business of killing people, they become more sophisticated. They are learning as they go," Copus said.

He said if a serial killer is responsible in this case, the killings will accelerate.

"The cycle of homicides will increase. If it has been, like they said, 18 months since he started, before you know it the cycle will start to compress. It always does," he said. "Killing is like a drug to these guys. Just like a junkie, they need more."
    :Banane37

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:

Hi to all just note, with all thats going on with BD case ,ive already been warned to watch how we post (not just here on WS but on FB etc) peoples real names BD case with family is getting out of hand,so i would be careful of posting DD and KD full name,,,
    :Banane37

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RoseC View Post
    Hi to all just note, with all thats going on with BD case ,ive already been warned to watch how we post (not just here on WS but on FB etc) peoples real names BD case with family is getting out of hand,so i would be careful of posting DD and KD full name,,,
    Thanks Rose didn't realize all that was going on. Too bad I think putting people under this kind of strain for a year and a half there is bound to be fall out. Keep with initials. I think my original post was ok cause it was posted on a public website as note from family so if not I can delete if someone wants me to.

I'm glad you posted the LongIsland bodies; it hit me funny too. I'm sure there is no connection but the one body being about 18 months struck me.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rochestergirl For This Useful Post:

I can't imagine anyone wanting to cause more heartache for Britt's mom.

I can't believe that NOTHING has been found to lead to where Britt is at. I guess there are some cases where someone just seems to disappear off the face of the earth. Just like little Trenton Duckett. I'm never going to give up that these two precious souls will be found one day.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizzybeth For This Useful Post:

Just would be awful if we did not have WS. I hope DD is surrounded by loving family and "true" friends. How could anyone be mean to this poor woman? She is suffering and someone who could be so cruel has no heart (IMO).

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strawberry Fields For This Useful Post:

Hoping the family will have some answers, and Britanee will be found before the New Year!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrecat For This Useful Post:

How far is Myrtle Beach from Florence Co? LE has found remains there. We don't have a lot of news yet, just from the Scanner Channel in our member's only forum.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...112874&page=20

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Kaybug

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.
    ~ C.S. Lewis

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaybug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybug View Post
    1 hour, 40 minutes according to google maps (from Myrtle Beach to the road mentioned on the scanner thread)

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to my_tee_mouse For This Useful Post:

I've been scanning the news and nothing has come out so far. They should be able to tell us if this was a male or female before long.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the news. If I'm not mistaken, isn't this NOT the first time remains have been found in Florence? I remember there was an alleged sighting of Britt there too (I think it was proven false). Hope you'll let us know if you hear any more news.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LLLindsayy For This Useful Post:

Well look who's in the news in Rochester he PO was the person staying in the room with the girls. He also was the one out with JO when Britt disappeared when JO needed her shorts back. Also the Oberers' (at least Jennifer I will assume her brother as well) had lived in Lumberton, NC for a while so they knew the area more than the rest.

City man accused of rape pleads not guilty
    Victoria E. Freile • Staff writer • December 17, 2010

Rochester man accused of rape pleaded not guilty today in City Court.

Phillip R. Oberer, 24, of San Mateo Road was charged yesterday with first-degree rape, a felony, according to City Court records. Details of the incident were not released.

Oberer today was remanded to the Monroe County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $30,000 bond. He is scheduled tor return to City Court at 11 a.m. Monday to appear with an attorney
    Last edited by Rochestergirl; 12-18-2010 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I've been scanning the news and nothing has come out so far. They should be able to tell us if this was a male or female before long.
    it's a man's body

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/137080...ffingham-ditch
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast